Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
It’s standard procedure to bring up the things you’ve written about in the past. It’s the easiest way to get to the word count you need for SEO purposes for an article. It’s even more effective when you link back to other things you have written before on your website. This is why you often see the same narratives over and over and over from outlets. They have one small thing to say (12pm start time in this case) but to get the ad revenue they need, they need the article to rank well on search engines. To do that, they need to hit a minimum word count. Rinse. Repeat.
By LUOrange
ESPN is projecting today, that we return to Orlando and the Cure Bowl.

FBC Mortgage Cure Bowl
Exploria Stadium, Orlando, Florida
Bonagura: Liberty vs. Western Michigan
Schlabach: Liberty vs. Miami (Ohio)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference Virginia Tech game, did anyone get email from LU ticket office saying no tickets will be available and deposit will be refunded ? I got one today. LU is only getting enough tickets for players guest list.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Should we not do the same? If only 1000 are allowed in the stands, you want it to be YOUR 1000 fans.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Football fans of Liberty, VT and UVA are being shafted by the Governor only allowing 1,000 fans in the bleachers. Stadiums should be allowed 50% attendance at the minimum .
The UVA Athletic Director should have "sweet-talked" the governor into allowing more fans.
sstaedtler liked this
By LUOrange
I think we are doing the same as Tech, and I don't blame them, us, or UVA for having a similar policy.

It's ridiculous that we with a 25K seat stadium is limited to 1K. Even more so with UVA at 61.5K and Teck with 66K, that they can only have 1K. But, hey. It was only 2 weeks to slow the spread.
sstaedtler, Liberty22 liked this
By sstaedtler
Even the Eagles are allowing 5,500 to 6,000 fans, which is nearly 10%. Having 10% would up Liberty fans to near 2,500.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
sstaedtler wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:56 am Even the Eagles are allowing 5,500 to 6,000 fans, which is nearly 10%. Having 10% would up Liberty fans to near 2,500.
I would think that 2,500 would at least get most of your season ticket holders in., even if you upped the student allotment to 1K.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:29 am I think we are doing the same as Tech, and I don't blame them, us, or UVA for having a similar policy.
LU has offered an allotment of tickets to each visiting opponent thus far. So far, no school has used their full allotment.
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
All football programs are Bowl Eligible this year regardless of record

Now you know
By rtb72
I know the Cure Bowl would be a repeat appearance....but I could certainly do Orlando in December again. We had a blast!
ballcoach15, SumItUp liked this
By Ill flame
LUOrange wrote: October 14th, 2020, 11:09 am
I would think that 2,500 would at least get most of your season ticket holders in., even if you upped the student allotment to 1K.
Is our season ticket situation that bad? I think it's pretty standard to have over 50% of capacity as season ticket holders.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Freakin Coastal won again. Beating #21 Lousiana tonight. Good for them. Hopefully, they're still doing really well come final week of the season so we can beat them 8)
sstaedtler liked this
By LUOrange
Ill flame wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:54 pm
LUOrange wrote: October 14th, 2020, 11:09 am
Is our season ticket situation that bad? I think it's pretty standard to have over 50% of capacity as season ticket holders.
I don't know. I was guessing.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 11:01 pm Freakin Coastal won again. Beating #21 Lousiana tonight. Good for them. Hopefully, they're still doing really well come final week of the season so we can beat them 8)
LA was waaaaaaay overrated (beating GSU by only 2). CCU has always been overrated, going back to the FCS days. Could we beat either one of them right now? Not sure. CCU has some dynamic running backs and a very good QB. They did seem to have trouble with the LA qb, because of his ability to run. I am hoping it will be a good game.
There is NO WAY, either one of them are top 25 team, but I expect CCU to be rated this coming week. It would be much different, if everyone was playing.
I am more interested in how we do against SU. I don't think we have much of a chance, but I am hoping we do well. SU does have a lot of injuries, but we are still on the road against an ACC team.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 14th, 2020, 8:46 pm All football programs are Bowl Eligible this year regardless of record

Now you know
I don't like that rule change, that allows losing teams to go to a bowl. Those crummy 6-6 Power 5 teams of seasons past , can now go 5-7 or 4-8 and still go bowling. (granted they may not play 12 games, but still they will have losing record). This might hurt teams such as Liberty and Army who could end up with a good record, and some crummy P5 team will go to a better bowl. Plus there will be more teams eligible than there will be bowl slots.
LUOrange, sstaedtler liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 15th, 2020, 12:19 pm
Plus there will be more teams eligible than there will be bowl slots.
Ballcoach, have you done the MATH on this? Study
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No math needed. If losing teams can go to a bowl, I guess that makes records not important. Losing teams should only be allowed to go, If there's not enough winning teams to fill all the slots. :football
By sstaedtler
Our game against Southern Miss is now in jeopardy. They have a COVID outbreak and their game vs. UTEP is canceled. UConn and UMass on line 1?
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
But is it a true covid outbreak or a bunch of false-positives. A few teams have had a similar situation and then it was walked back due to false-positives.
sstaedtler liked this
By sstaedtler
1. Anthony Butler (LB, 90.1)
2. Cooper McCaw (OT, 85.7)
3. DJ Stubbs (WR, 85.2)
4. Tre’Shaun Clark (EDGE, 79.6)
T5. Malik Willis (QB, 79.0)
T5. Joshua Mack (RB, 79.0)

Top rated Flames this season based on PFF College grades...
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
2 Things:

1. It’s a shame we don’t have a shot at UVA this year. I think we’d be competitive and have a shot at a W.

2. I was hard on Alves punting the last few seasons. Dude has improved big time. Just wanted to publicly praise him as well.
alabama24 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]