Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 18th, 2020, 9:02 am JK, your WV roots are showing with your dislike for VT. I believe VT returns nearly everyone from their 2 deep roster from last season. UVA was a "one man team" last season. Perkins is gone. NC State has been ready to bust out, for the past 15 seasons, but hasn't . State plays in the shadow of Duke and UNC, and probably Wake Forest. Sometimes it's hard to even remember they exist.
Thanks. It’s more fun when you play along.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 18th, 2020, 2:21 pm I expect us to win both of those games.
Hope and expectation are two very separate and distant ideas.

We cannot and should not EXPECT to defeat NCSU and Syracuse on the road. Expectations like that just led to disappointment.
tyndal23 liked this
By Dalegarz1
looking forward to two trips to Williams stadium and road trips to UConn and Syracuse. We beat UConn and give the Orange a scare!
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
If there is a 2020 season with fans allowed to attend, will fans be so hungry to attend a football game After months of quarantine that attendance rises ? OR will human nature keep fans Cautious and at home preferring to watch on TV. My guess is the latter which leads me to TV deals - many more eyeballs. In LU case maybe a more significant spike with more nationwide fans who stay home from an all day commitment to their local P5 team and are able to watch their primary ( Bama, GA,FL etc) and LU if the kickoff times aren’t conflicting. But for P5 I would imagine all the tv deals are locked in and aren’t negotiable hence a potential Very Big win for ESPN and the other networks. ( if there are any companies with advertising $ left in this economy ). A really big win if they allow games to be played with no spectators... I really would like to see LU install the sky cam trolley system P5 and NFL use - it makes a big impact for viewers and a subliminal recruiting tool for any players that see a game on tv or clips from those angles. Players look much bigger vs G5 / high school traditional view.
By LUOrange
I really like the skycam idea. However, I think life will mostly be back to normal by then, and people will be itching for sports entertainment. Especially if the NBA, NHL, & MLB all completely cancel their seasons. Although, I think some MLB will happen.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:36 pm I think we'll play football, but I don't know if we'll have fans there.
All coaches can consult with UVA coaches on how to do that. They played without fans until last season.
Risewithus liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, remind me who WON the Commonwealth Cup last year? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Heck, Liberty could probably beat Alabama once every 16 years, if they played annually.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I know Kirk Herbstreit blabbed off at the mouth about the strong possibility of no college football this season, but I don't believe that one bit. We are just about to begin April and we are making comments about something that wont start till first week of August with fall practice. That is 5 months from now and none of us should make a prediction about that. If the country re-opens on June 1st as President Trump is pushing for then there is absolutely no way college football gets cancelled.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
We might be going back to work on June 1, but I highly doubt any type of restrictions on large gatherings will be lifted before then. My church is planning on doing digital church throughout the entire summer because they think it'll be fall before gatherings of 400 or more are able to be had again.

I also think we'll be living in some type of travel "ban" although ban is likely a strong word. Even if cases are going down, we don't need people traveling all across the country and packing into 25,000-100,000 seat stadiums until this thing is much closer to being completely gone.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
The key is being able to get the student-athletes on campus for workouts at least 30 days prior to start of training camp. That means we need them back by July 1 to have a decent shot at season starting on time.
flamehunter liked this
By Risewithus
Question/opinion. What happens if a season is shortened and teams only play their conference games. Do u think all the Indys get together and play?
By rtb72
Just heard they are scheduling "makeup" commencement for September 12th.....the first scheduled home game. Not sure how they'll accomplish that and have a home football game if they use the stadium as normal. Wonder if somebody already knows something? It will be a sad fall with no football....especially LU football.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]