Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We are mentioned here, along with our fellow independents: https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... notre-dame
What about the other FBS independents?
If the other Power 5 leagues elect to do what the Big Ten is doing, BYU might be looking to fill half of its 12-game regular season schedule. The Cougars are scheduled to play Utah, Michigan State, Arizona State, Minnesota, Missouri and Stanford. Army has already lost a game against Ivy League foe Princeton, and the Black Knights are also slated to face Oklahoma at home. UConn is scheduled to play five Power 5 opponents, Liberty is scheduled to play three ACC teams (Virginia Tech, Syracuse and NC State), New Mexico State has road games scheduled against UCLA and Florida, and UMass is slated to play at Auburn.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'm pretty sure we would find a way to play ourselves 12 times if we had to :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 9th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Women wouldn’t have the opportunity to actually play. I don’t know where that line is with Title IX. There are so many elements that have to balance out.
I don't think Ballcoach could survive 2 years in a row with NO LU SOFTBALL. He would die of a broken heart. Crybaby :oldhag Crybaby
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Come February, I think softball season can start as scheduled. Also I think teams can play fall schedule as planned.

As for Title IX, as long as schools don't cut scholarships below "the line", I think they'll be in compliance, providing softball is aligned with baseball, women's basketball aligned with men's basketball, etc.

But now that Stanford has eliminated their Squash team, anything can happen.
By Risewithus
American or Conf usa could bring us in short term for this year to fill out a schedule that would benefit all parties. Reaching I know but nothing is off the table.
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: July 9th, 2020, 8:35 pm Let’s just pay each ACC school 3 mil and pay the conference itself 3 Mil to bring us and ND in fully...45 mil is chump change yeah?
ACC gets more out of the ND schedule alliance than they would having ND in as a conference member - they don’t have to share revenue ( ND took less than a quarter share of the ACC teams in 2019 - link below )and they don’t have to deal with complex TV rights that ND would fight to keep lions share of and deal with ND being the big boy in the room on every ACC decision among many many other things. As for LU - add a zero $450 million over 10 years and that might get a meeting but would end up being denied by presidents. Not enough to move the needle when we would start taking rev share a decade later. ACC loves ND like a rich cousin - They get to kiss and party on their yacht once a year but don’t have to marry and deal with the nagging and emasculating. Now if WVU were in the ACC they would be all about marrying... ( u awake PH ? )
https://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-sp ... story.html
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: Now if WVU were in the ACC they would be all about marrying... ( u awake PH ? )
https://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-sp ... story.html
Flag on the play. :D
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Spoke to a source in the centennial conference tonight. Pay attention to choice of words. Says fall sports are "suspended". Re-evaluation and reopening possible once students return to campuses.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: July 9th, 2020, 9:05 pm Now if WVU were in the ACC they would be all about marrying... ( u awake PH ? )
Ballcoach has said for years that the ACC should only (1) accept high academic schools Study (2) on the East Coast. WVU obviously does NOT meet either of those criteria. :nono
But if "marrying" has to do with cousins, then the WVU students would be all over that. :denied
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 10th, 2020, 7:38 am
tyndal23 wrote: July 9th, 2020, 9:05 pm Now if WVU were in the ACC they would be all about marrying... ( u awake PH ? )
Ballcoach has said for years that the ACC should only (1) accept high academic schools Study (2) on the East Coast. WVU obviously does NOT meet either of those criteria. :nono
But if "marrying" has to do with cousins, then the WVU students would be all over that. :denied
Sea of Red "Post of the Year"
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 10th, 2020, 7:38 am
For the record, one of my Cousins was in the Ms America pageant and is a lawyer in Manhattan. I’m also adopted. So WVU for grad school was an easy choice.
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: July 9th, 2020, 8:35 pm Let’s just pay each ACC school 3 mil and pay the conference itself 3 Mil to bring us and ND in fully...45 mil is chump change yeah?
I think I love you :D
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
I mean surely all the P5 conferences are tired of following the SEC on everything so go ahead and make the jump to 16 schools and get some money while doing so. Perhaps even put some language in the contract that prevents us from taking a big chunk of revenue sharing over the next 10 years. Get an immediate new/natural rivalry in LU/ND...throw some chaos into Virginia...get a lot more national viewers from the ND/LU combo...

(Yes I know this won't happen and those aren't all valid points, but one can dream.)
Purple Haize liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
From the perspective of a college football fan, I’m dying to see games played. From a Liberty fan perspective, I’m starting to think the best case scenario for LIBERTY is for the entire football season to be cancelled (all schools). If we lose all of our Marquee matchups and games against lesser teams in lesser conferences... it won’t be good for recruiting.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 10th, 2020, 10:28 am
I think I love you :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Recruits should understand the revamped schedule wasn't LU's fault.

UVA will lose the cupcakes on their schedule
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:35 am Tech will lose the cupcakes on their schedule
FIFY
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:35 am Recruits should understand the revamped schedule wasn't LU's fault.
:dontgetit

Ballcoach: let me draw up the game plan of opposing coaches for you:

Recruit: I’m thinking about playing for Coach Freeze at Liberty. They have some good teams scheduled.

Rival Coach: Why waste your talent son? Look what happened during the 2020 season!
By BlueBlood
If some FBS schools choose not to play (or are forced not to by state governments), and LU finds a way to play, I guess this whole situation could actually benefit LU exposure-wise.

Along those same lines, if stadiums are empty or greatly reduced in allowed capacity, LU should be willing to move it’s games to weeknights if it can get on TV. I normally don’t like doing that, but if there isn’t a normal game day experience, I say go for it.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
As it currently stands, I believe only 1,000 are allowed at entertainment venues. An example of this was the high school baseball game at City Stadium last Saturday. I'm sure our Governor won't do us any favors to have more than that. I know its still two months away, but I'm not sure much will change between now and then.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]