Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
thepostman wrote: August 11th, 2020, 1:00 pm There it is. You took much longer to say that than I anticipated @ballcoach15 :lol:
Any one worried ACC reverts to Conference Only ? Do we try and pick up BC and Wake so that we are filling their open slots with very few teams left for them to try and play ? I don’t really want to, but if it helps keep ACC plus 1 in tact...I would take Army,BYU,Coastal,BC - we won’t bowl probably but we won’t get blown out by any teams on that schedule with possible exception of VT. BC and WF both - having 5 ACC games wouldn’t hurt with ACC relationships if we got Army and BYU at home.
TH Spangler liked this
By BlueBlood
tyndal23 wrote: August 11th, 2020, 1:22 pm Any one worried ACC reverts to Conference Only ?
Yep. It has to be an option the ACC will consider. You saw what just happened to BYU’s schedule (with MW canceling). If ACC eliminates the plus one, LU is in a similar situation.
By LUDad
Charlotte had a 11/14 home game against OD...The fact that I live near Charlotte has no bearing on this post.
By tyndal23
For sake of Winning - I would love to add Charlotte and Coastal rather than 2 more ACC. Charlotte = Bowling Green, Coastal = UConn. Harder games but not unrealistic to get W’s. NMSU to replace UMass ( but I am very skeptical NMSU plays this fall ). I don’t see how we get around playing Army and BYU however even if we go 10 Or 11 games I have to think the Indie loyalty card comes in to play. Probably going to be a tough schedule any way you slice it. Loved what I heard On practice updates about our weight gain and depth on D Line and elsewhere - HF doesn’t do coach speek and I was very surprised at how positive he was compared to last year. - Getting pretty optimistic about our D this year.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The latest rumor is that the service academies may wind up only playing each other.

I agree that I would be shocked if NMSU hasn't called their season by the end of the week.
By LUDad
BlueBlood wrote: August 11th, 2020, 1:54 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 11th, 2020, 1:22 pm Any one worried ACC reverts to Conference Only ?
Yep. It has to be an option the ACC will consider. You saw what just happened to BYU’s schedule (with MW canceling). If ACC eliminates the plus one, LU is in a similar situation.
ACC eliminating + 1 games could get expensive.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/there-s-a ... /19222867/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 11th, 2020, 2:48 pm The latest rumor is that the service academies may wind up only playing each other.

I agree that I would be shocked if NMSU hasn't called their season by the end of the week.
So Home and Homes for...what...4 game season? Does The Coast Guard Academy have a team?
By tyndal23
LUDad wrote: August 11th, 2020, 2:49 pm
BlueBlood wrote: August 11th, 2020, 1:54 pm
ACC eliminating + 1 games could get expensive.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/there-s-a ... /19222867/
Good find. There is also other factors - all 3 ACC schools need wins and a home game - getting 5 -6 wins for all 3 much easier with that extra game.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Coast Guard Academy (where I nearly went before a spring semester scholarship offer from LU) does indeed have a team. But they are D3.

The three teams would play each other for the Presidents Cup and call it a season. All three schools have significant capabilities of controlling their environments. It would essentially be a Mini-Bubble concept.

Hey, having a 2-game season doesn't sound as bizarre today as it did a week ago.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am reminded that NCAA President Mark Emmert makes over 3,000,000 a year, and has provided absolutely no leadership during this crisis.
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hey, having a 2-game season doesn't sound as bizarre today as it did a week ago.
[/quote]

Whatever it takes to get to a bowl game. :football
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The ACC has reportedly been lobbying Big XII leadership hard to keep playing. I think our +1 games are safe unless the Big XII calls off their season.

The big question now becomes will any school from canceled FBS leagues choose to go Indy?
By LUDad
Sly Fox wrote: August 11th, 2020, 3:22 pm The ACC has reportedly been lobbying Big XII leadership hard to keep playing. I think our +1 games are safe unless the Big XII calls off their season.

The big question now becomes will any school from canceled FBS leagues choose to go Indy?
Stock market turned south because B10 just officially pulled plug on fall season
By LUDad
One of the reasons the ACC was so definitive on playing this year is because of the full addition of ND. They were salivating at that opportunity. Compound that for the B12 if they can take in Nebraska, Ohio State and 1-3 other teams. They would be crazy not to play. Big tv money!
rtb72 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I'm not a fan of transfer portal, but I hope every starter in Big 10 enters the portal.
By rtb72
Cornhuskers not happy with B1G decision. They are still strongly considering "going rogue" (according to ESPN) and playing anyway.

On another note, all this babble about player safety, another ESPN commentator made a good point. We are worried about these kids health and safety, but we're going to ask them to play the most physical sport there is in the spring...and then turn around and expect them to put their bodies back through it in a few months after? Many of these kids need the full scope of the seasons to recover and train. I thought it was an interesting point, and honestly, not one I had thought about, but really makes you think how that short term turn-around will affect the kids next fall.
LUOrange liked this
By LUDad
Given that rosters will be stretched at times this year due to positive tests, teams should petition NCAA to at least double, if no waive altogether, the 4 game freshman rule.
ballcoach15 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 11th, 2020, 3:40 pm I'm not a fan of transfer portal, but I hope every starter in Big 10 enters the portal.
I agree they should be free to transfer without penalty but you're so all over the place in the transfer portal. You flip flop a lot, ever thought about getting into poltics?? :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As long as the B1G & Pac 12 claim they are going to try and play spring football, then the transfer possibilities are limited.

As for LU's season, it appears being indy will be en vogue this fall if schools like Nebraska & Iowa jump into the independent waters this fall.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 11th, 2020, 4:40 pm As long as the B1G & Pac 12 claim they are going to try and play spring football, then the transfer possibilities are limited.

As for LU's season, it appears being indy will be en vogue this fall if schools like Nebraska & Iowa jump into the independent waters this fall.
Nebraska is a no brainer for the Big 12. Iowa would be interesting. I want to see an expanded Big XII SEC and ACC play with indy’s sprinkled in
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Their not playing in the spring. Its just hot air.

Ncaa needs to set a deadline of friday. Your in or out. Then all in need to have scheduled completed in the next 2 weeks. Kick off september 12. Play 11 games. 2 byes then playoff and bowls. Or 9 games and 3 byes.

Each team should have a backup game scheduled on their second bye in case they need to cancel a game. You can sub out a team if they dont need it.

Done.
Virginia Tech

We had 9 LOB

Volleyball Coach

Greg Mosely is a LU alum and is currently the coac[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2024/05/01/new-champi[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

If ACC is left with 3 or 4 or completely dismantle[…]