Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think it was just good fortune. But we play "almost" same type of schedule that Big 10 schools play. heck our schedule might be tougher than Big 10 this season, with VT , CCU and NC State on it.

Big 10 designed their schedule just to get Ohio State in playoffs. I hope selection committee takes their strength of schedule into consideration at end of season. The worst team in SEC and ACC will play a tougher schedule than Ohio state.
TH Spangler liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Most of these games were scheduled out several years. Fiu and wku being terrible along with the coaching turnover at southern miss is what dropped it so low. ULM is just bad but they have picked up 3 or 4 blue chip prospects in their class even in our backyard even with a terrible record. I think the schedules have been great for where we are. I wish we had a slightly easier game than coastal to close with since we have tech and state coming up but otherwise i think the last 3 years schedules and next 2 years have been about spot on. Especially considering how quickly we had to put them together.
By jmclaughlin
[/quote]
jinxy wrote:Most of these games were scheduled out several years. Fiu and wku being terrible along with the coaching turnover at southern miss is what dropped it so low. ULM is just bad but they have picked up 3 or 4 blue chip prospects in their class even in our backyard even with a terrible record. I think the schedules have been great for where we are. I wish we had a slightly easier game than coastal to close with since we have tech and state coming up but otherwise i think the last 3 years schedules and next 2 years have been about spot on. Especially considering how quickly we had to put them together.
Agree. SU of 2 years ago is a huge game. WKU should have been a CUSA contender. FIU has been a middle of the road program. Even Southern Miss has been a bowl participant in 4 of the past 5 seasons.
They just all laid down for the Flames in 2020!
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Was just watching a little bit of coastal vs south alabama and looking at coastal makes me sick. Then ESPN FPI gives coastal a 81% of beating us??? Ofcourse that was prior to our victory over Tech and that number will shrink. I have watched Coastal a little bit this year and yes they are undefeated and yes they beat Kansas, BUT they are not better than us. I can't wait till December 5th!
Liberty22, ballcoach15, LUOrange and 1 others liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 7th, 2020, 10:32 pm Was just watching a little bit of coastal vs south alabama and looking at coastal makes me sick. Then ESPN FPI gives coastal a 81% of beating us??? Ofcourse that was prior to our victory over Tech and that number will shrink. I have watched Coastal a little bit this year and yes they are undefeated and yes they beat Kansas, BUT they are not better than us. I can't wait till December 5th!
My thoughts exactly. Media is loving CCU. I think they're good but NC State is our biggest test left. Don't get me wrong CCU will be a tough game but we are def. a better team.
By rtb72
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 7th, 2020, 10:32 pm Was just watching a little bit of coastal vs south alabama and looking at coastal makes me sick. Then ESPN FPI gives coastal a 81% of beating us??? Ofcourse that was prior to our victory over Tech and that number will shrink. I have watched Coastal a little bit this year and yes they are undefeated and yes they beat Kansas, BUT they are not better than us. I can't wait till December 5th!
Depending on restrictions....we need to flood the stadium with red. My family is planing to be there if we can get tickets with all the Covid hysteria.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just reviewed the NCAA Stats. We are in top 20 in nation in just about every stat, when you take out those teams that have only played 1 or 2 games. (NCAA should not list those teams until they "catch up" on number of games played.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 9:12 am I just reviewed the NCAA Stats. We are in top 20 in nation in just about every stat, when you take out those teams that have only played 1 or 2 games. (NCAA should not list those teams until they "catch up" on number of games played.
How many teams has LU played against teams with either winning records or more than 1 win?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 9th, 2020, 9:33 am
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 9:12 am I just reviewed the NCAA Stats. We are in top 20 in nation in just about every stat, when you take out those teams that have only played 1 or 2 games. (NCAA should not list those teams until they "catch up" on number of games played.
How many teams has LU played against teams with either winning records or more than 1 win?
NCAA stats did not have that "stat" listed. But they did have "winning percentage" listed. We are tied for 1st, with 1.000
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 9:51 am
NCAA stats did not have that "stat" listed. But they did have "winning percentage" listed. We are tied for 1st, with 1.000
This will be a good research project for you then
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 9th, 2020, 10:40 am

Just play whoever is on schedule and beat them. The Big 10 has made playoffs several times, with this thought process. i.e. not playing anyone
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 10:57 am
Purple Haize wrote: November 9th, 2020, 10:40 am

Just play whoever is on schedule and beat them. The Big 10 has made playoffs several times, with this thought process. i.e. not playing anyone
I ask you again, what powerhouse teams are on LUs schedule to date?
By BlueBlood
They announced the NC State game moving to "ACC Regional Sports Networks". So, it looks like its the Syracuse TV situation all over again - where you will need to check to see if a network regional to your area picks up the game. And if you stream from an app, you may need to wait until close to game time to see which app its on in your area (Fox app for in-market or ESPN app for out-of-market ).

Who would have thought that the ACC games would be the most difficult ones to figure out how to watch?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Masn picked it up last time. Hopefully masn or csn pick it up again.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Man that state thread is the most respect weve ever gotten from an opponent.

I think back to the final season in fcs when we ended the year losing to csu and their players talking smack about how we were going to compete in fbs. What a change in 3 years.
Liberty22 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Tenn and sc fans are blowing up hchf twitter on every tweet. Its that passion we have to compete with

My church is probably 850 and i cant tell you how many people have joined the bandwagon this year. This fan base is growing big time. Thats what a VT win did for us. It matters here locally.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I can only imagine how many new season tickets holders there will be next year. Beating Tech was huge for many reasons but the local credibility might be the biggest long lasting effect.
By tyndal23
Freeze gets the credit for it all because this entire staff is his. But what a staff he put together. Unreal how our O Line and D Line have performed in such a shirt amount of time. Secondary - Still not all the way there, but the improvement is insane. LB play, no depth and a major concern coming in but 6 is an absolute stud and won us 2 games on D. New names keep popping up all over the place - who was that guy? Special teams improvement - unreal. This is one of the top 3 best coached teams from top to bottom. It isn’t a fluke. It isn’t all Malik Willis as much as I love him. It is a complete team that is playing together. Absolutely love listening in on all the pressers and podcasts to hear all the details. Freeze went with his gut on a couple of young hungry coaches that he trusted and some old comfy socks on others and he he nailed it. Only in game experience I was nervous about late was FIU who we had no tape on and it showed - the rest - we out-coached the pants off.
flamehunter, Sly Fox, Liberty22 and 3 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]