Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
:roll: I don’t have to give you examples. All you have to do is reach out and listen to the people who’re speaking out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 10:10 pm Liberty DOES NOT have a racist culture.
That’s quite the back pedal from your earlier statement
By LUDad
Sister in law called to say she got her season FB tickets and parking assignment for season (NC State). Got us tickets for LU game. Said she heard rumors they may start without fans.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 9:49 pm :roll: I don’t have to give you examples. All you have to do is reach out and listen to the people who’re speaking out.
Really, speaking out means nothing without specific examples. I don't think Jr. is a racist. He just isn't very smart making some of the comments he makes. I am certainly open to my mind being changed. Sad we are even having to have this conversation.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: June 11th, 2020, 11:10 pm Sister in law called to say she got her season FB tickets and parking assignment for season (NC State). Got us tickets for LU game. Said she heard rumors they may start without fans.
Still haven’t assigned season tickets for LU yet.
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote: June 12th, 2020, 6:35 am
LUDad wrote: June 11th, 2020, 11:10 pm Sister in law called to say she got her season FB tickets and parking assignment for season (NC State). Got us tickets for LU game. Said she heard rumors they may start without fans.
Still haven’t assigned season tickets for LU yet.
Because most are expecting Govern By Edict in Richmond to put some arbitrary limit on crowd size and proximity. We only need to pick once.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 9:49 pm :roll: I don’t have to give you examples. All you have to do is reach out and listen to the people who’re speaking out.
Pretty much what I thought. You have nothing. All I have heard so far from those who are "speaking out" are generalities like yours.
jinxy, flameshaw liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
So we are just going to dismiss the faculty and staff who have quit? Are we going to dismiss the athlete(s) transferring? Are we going to dismiss the petition started by dozens of black alumni and signed by 38,000 others?

How about instead of listening and reading their concerns looking to dismiss them, let's read and listen to them looking to understand experiences that we may know nothing about.

A racist culture doesn't have to mean overt things like separate bathrooms or water fountains. Sometimes a racist culture means dismissing the concerns or needs of our black brothers and sisters, which is exactly what many of you in this thread are doing.

So when an athlete transfers and says its because of feeling uncomfortable due to the culture, we dismiss it because "they weren't going to have playing time anyway" or whatever reasons you want to assign. Yes it would be harder to make the decision if they were star athletes, but you don't get to tell them that the reason they gave is not the "real" reason.
By cruzan_flame13
stokesjokes wrote: June 12th, 2020, 10:10 am So we are just going to dismiss the faculty and staff who have quit? Are we going to dismiss the athlete(s) transferring? Are we going to dismiss the petition started by dozens of black alumni and signed by 38,000 others?

How about instead of listening and reading their concerns looking to dismiss them, let's read and listen to them looking to understand experiences that we may know nothing about.

A racist culture doesn't have to mean overt things like separate bathrooms or water fountains. Sometimes a racist culture means dismissing the concerns or needs of our black brothers and sisters, which is exactly what many of you in this thread are doing.

So when an athlete transfers and says its because of feeling uncomfortable due to the culture, we dismiss it because "they weren't going to have playing time anyway" or whatever reasons you want to assign. Yes it would be harder to make the decision if they were star athletes, but you don't get to tell them that the reason they gave is not the "real" reason.
My reason was that people are over emotional to what is being exposed to them by media, politicians and other groups. When these groups promote these things, they hope for these reactions so they can lull their agenda across. All of a sudden it leads to responses just like you've mentioned above. As I stated, they are other occassions that they've been police corruption on people of all skin tones, but they weren't promoted like a few instances that the media selects for their agendas. I am black and I will not react like other people who claim they're not heard because I don't buy what the media tell me. The issue i saw with Floyd was corruption with cops with a citizen, not something racial. I see cops have done things to any people no matter the tone of their skin, so the issue is making reform on police training and psychological test on those who go through the police academy. So ever time and incident happen with a white cop and a black citizen, we are just going to claim it as racism? The media, politicians and other groups will because they know many people will accept that immediately without question because they've programmed with images of past incidents with white cops treating blacks wrongly(Jim Crow/ post segregation). That's deceptive and playing with people's minds and emotion. What very works to get ratings(media) plus to make people angry and divisive. That's why my response is the way it is. I'll ask this, how do you know they're not listened to? What made these people uncomfortable; was it Jerry's tweet? How dies that make them so uncomfortable when the tweet was poking at something else rather than the Floyd incident? Is it has to do with the emotional reaction that was put on people because they're told it's racial injustice? The story has changed , but what I've heard is the cops were called on Floyd, so it's not like they came and attacked Floyd for no reason. I'll say the incident still has questions that don't add up. I will not be mad with Jr when his tweet was to mock the governor. It was poor but that's what Jr does with his political sarcastic dry tweets. You called him a racist though and the culture at Liberty the same though? That's pushing it a bit too far in my opinion. Emotions can make people say and do a lot of things.
LUOrange, jinxy, flameshaw and 1 others liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The media is like sports on TV was back in the 60s. The have a "game of the week". The liberal media is always harping on something or someone to make President Trump look bad. Soon has something else pops up, the media will forget about George Floyd.
LUOrange, TH Spangler liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 1:00 pm
stokesjokes wrote: June 12th, 2020, 10:10 am So we are just going to dismiss the faculty and staff who have quit? Are we going to dismiss the athlete(s) transferring? Are we going to dismiss the petition started by dozens of black alumni and signed by 38,000 others?

My reason was that people are over emotional to what is being exposed to them by media, politicians and other groups. When these groups promote these things, they hope for these reactions so they can lull their agenda across. All of a sudden it leads to responses just like you've mentioned above. As I stated, they are other occassions that they've been police corruption on people of all skin tones, but they weren't promoted like a few instances that the media selects for their agendas. I am black and I will not react like other people who claim they're not heard because I don't buy what the media tell me. The issue i saw with Floyd was corruption with cops with a citizen, not something racial. I see cops have done things to any people no matter the tone of their skin, so the issue is making reform on police training and psychological test on those who go through the police academy. So ever time and incident happen with a white cop and a black citizen, we are just going to claim it as racism? The media, politicians and other groups will because they know many people will accept that immediately without question because they've programmed with images of past incidents with white cops treating blacks wrongly(Jim Crow/ post segregation). That's deceptive and playing with people's minds and emotion. What very works to get ratings(media) plus to make people angry and divisive. That's why my response is the way it is. I'll ask this, how do you know they're not listened to? What made these people uncomfortable; was it Jerry's tweet? How dies that make them so uncomfortable when the tweet was poking at something else rather than the Floyd incident? Is it has to do with the emotional reaction that was put on people because they're told it's racial injustice? The story has changed , but what I've heard is the cops were called on Floyd, so it's not like they came and attacked Floyd for no reason. I'll say the incident still has questions that don't add up. I will not be mad with Jr when his tweet was to mock the governor. It was poor but that's what Jr does with his political sarcastic dry tweets. You called him a racist though and the culture at Liberty the same though? That's pushing it a bit too far in my opinion. Emotions can make people say and do a lot of things.
Cruz, amen my brother. The only think I might add, is that cop had zero reason to touch Mr. Floyd after he was handcuffed. I can't say it was 100% racial. But that cop had lots of previous problems and should have been fired a long time ago. He was extra dirty. I do see a big disparity, as you mentioned, that when a black cop kills a white person, there is almost nothing said about it. There are dirty cops black and white, just like there are nasty, racist, both black and white. To me, it would be a big plus if we were all color blind, but unfortunately, that does not appear to be on the horizon. God help us all. Thanks for your views and perspective.
cruzan_flame13, jinxy liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Mainstream media and demacrates will do anything to get their favorite back in the White House. They've tried everything the past 4 years. Why did I think they would stop short of starting this ugliness. I'm an independent and I can't see myself ever voting for a Democrat again in my life time. :cry:
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
What will our reg season w-l be vs FBS out of 10 games ? Can we win em all at home?

southern Miss, FIU , ULM will be big home stands.

I predict one home loss to one of those 3 but an upset at NC State.

P5 record (away) 1-2
G5 home record 3-1
G5 away record - 2-1 UConn is our 9th game in a row on the road on Halloween - picking a W but I don’t feel great about it.
LUOrange liked this
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 8:35 pm What will our reg season w-l be vs FBS out of 10 games ? Can we win em all at home?

P5 record (away) 1-2
G5 home record 3-1
G5 away record - 2-1 UConn is our 9th game in a row on the road on Halloween - picking a W but I don’t feel great about it.
We have 3 P5 games but I may still be 1-3(although we could pull something with Tech since it's the first game for both teams). I think the team is going to shock us. Right now we're expected to win 6-7 games, but we could pull off 8 wins before bowl week(I can hope right? :lol: ). We have some weapons that can pull it off.
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:06 pm
tyndal23 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 8:35 pm What will our reg season w-l be vs FBS out of 10 games ? Can we win em all at home?

P5 record (away) 1-2
G5 home record 3-1
We have 3 P5 games but I may still be 1-3(although we could pull something with Tech since it's the first game for both teams). I think the team is going to shock us. Right now we're expected to win 6-7 games, but we could pull off 8 wins before bowl week(I can hope right? :lol: ). We have some weapons that can pull it off.
I know I have been bad at math on here before but I stand by my 1-2 record of 3 total P5 games...🤓
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:14 pm

P5 record (away) 1-2
G5 home record 3-1
I know I have been bad at math on here before but I stand by my 1-2 record of 3 total P5 games...🤓
Ha! You're right lol. I don't know why I keep UVA plus UCONN lol. Everything else still stands!
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:46 pm
tyndal23 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:14 pm

Ha! You're right lol. I don't know why I keep UVA plus UCONN lol. Everything else still stands!
Not as sexy of a schedule pushing UVA for UConn but very much the smart thing to do for where we are as a program. 2027 I want 7-8 UVA level teams on the schedule...
By chris leedlelee
Thought I'd inform you guys, not sure if this is the correct thread. However, Brandon Robinson and Waylen Cozad still have LU on their social media profiles. Brandon Robinson even has video of himself at LU as of today. I wouldn't read too much into the online roster change until an actual announcement is made.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
chris leedlelee wrote: June 13th, 2020, 1:22 pm Thought I'd inform you guys, not sure if this is the correct thread. However, Brandon Robinson and Waylen Cozad still have LU on their social media profiles. Brandon Robinson even has video of himself at LU as of today. I wouldn't read too much into the online roster change until an actual announcement is made.
Except he’s listed in the Transfer Portal:

https://247sports.com/college/liberty/S ... ferPortal/
chris leedlelee liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Noticed micah glaize is now listed as lb and i can totally see it. Also hobbs is listed as a senior? Scruggs at cb. Sibley at wr and shedro at rb.

We will need to recruit well at TE and RB. Both rooms are heavy heavy senior laden groups.

I literally cant wait to watch the db and d line groups this year. Were going to be running haskins treadwell scruggs steele glass jolly clark land faulks megginson dabney out there and avery and goetz and the frosh out there. Thats a legit 11 deep in the secondary and all are starting caliber or just a little fall off.

Dl we will certainly miss lemonier who was one of my all time favorites but the depth is exceptional. I feel like outside of treshaun (who will play all time) we can really package against run or pass rush and sub to keep the guys from getting winded

Lb no clue. Lotta talent there but its all young and inexperienced or transferring in.
By LUDad
flameshaw wrote: June 12th, 2020, 4:09 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 1:00 pm

Cruz, amen my brother. The only think I might add, is that cop had zero reason to touch Mr. Floyd after he was handcuffed. I can't say it was 100% racial. But that cop had lots of previous problems and should have been fired a long time ago. He was extra dirty. I do see a big disparity, as you mentioned, that when a black cop kills a white person, there is almost nothing said about it. There are dirty cops black and white, just like there are nasty, racist, both black and white. To me, it would be a big plus if we were all color blind, but unfortunately, that does not appear to be on the horizon. God help us all. Thanks for your views and perspective.
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but there is a lot more to the Floyd case than meets the eye. Floyd and cop worked together in security at a bar so I would suspect that the knee on the neck was more payback than anything else.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-flo ... ges-story/
By Jonathan Carone
From the article you just posted:

Although Floyd and Chauvin worked at the nightclub at the same time, Santamaria said she doesn't believe they knew each other since they worked in different areas.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]