Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think even you, will admit that NCAA has weak leadership.
How else does one explain how some P5 schools get caught by FBI buying recruits, yet no post season bans are issued to the schools. The Big 10 has held the bowl system hostage for years, insisting Rose Bowl has to be played on a certain date and time.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 4:26 pm Sometimes I wish NCAA had a commissioner with full power, to run the show, without the 5 major conferences and the Notre Dame Athletic Director, having any say in how things are done.
But the NCAA is made up of member institutions. The most successful ones are in the Power 5. Why shouldn’t member institutions have any input. That’s kinda stupid.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely power corrupts absolutely.

Commissioners of professional leagues don’t have absolute power, BC, and rightfully so. Their commissioners are empowered by the owners. In the case of the NCAA, the membership empowers the NCAA to act in the overall best interest of the membership.

The crux comes when the best interests of various stakeholders (SA’s, AD’s, Presidents, Conferences, etc.), are at odds with one another.

It’s an imperfect system, and it’s counter cultural to its surrounding environment.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In my opinion, the NCAA screwed up when they came up with Power 5. All D1 schools should have same privileges, and opportunity to complete for national championship regardless of size of school or size of their bank account.
TH Spangler liked this
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 8:56 pm In my opinion, the NCAA screwed up when they came up with Power 5. All D1 schools should have same privileges, and opportunity to complete for national championship regardless of size of school or size of their bank account.
If I remember correctly Media came up with Power 5 not NCAA and it was an offshoot of weighing SOS for BCS formula. I don’t think P5 is even an official term with NCAA.
phoenix liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Keshaun Moore juco LB was quoted in the Pilot(the major newspaper in the 757) saying he is committed to Liberty and he will officially sign once the Corona Virus thing is over. This is a huge get as he is a solid linebacker.
By cruzan_flame13
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: April 9th, 2020, 12:30 pm Keshaun Moore juco LB was quoted in the Pilot(the major newspaper in the 757) saying he is committed to Liberty and he will officially sign once the Corona Virus thing is over. This is a huge get as he is a solid linebacker.
Are you able to quote what was stated from that article?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: April 9th, 2020, 2:25 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: April 9th, 2020, 12:30 pm Keshaun Moore juco LB was quoted in the Pilot(the major newspaper in the 757) saying he is committed to Liberty and he will officially sign once the Corona Virus thing is over. This is a huge get as he is a solid linebacker.
Manson is all over this.

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-gets- ... aun-moore/
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 8:56 pm In my opinion, the NCAA screwed up when they came up with Power 5. All D1 schools should have same privileges, and opportunity to complete for national championship regardless of size of school or size of their bank account.
Can’t blame NCAA for “Power 5”. Money came first, then with it came power via those schools/conferences banding together. There is power in numbers.

NCAA is only thing holding it all together. Those “Power 5” schools have been at the precipice of breaking away on several occasions.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 9th, 2020, 10:12 pm
Can’t blame NCAA for “Power 5”. Money came first, then with it came power via those schools/conferences banding together. There is power in numbers.

NCAA is only thing holding it all together. Those “Power 5” schools have been at the precipice of breaking away on several occasions.
JK, I agree. But at some point in time, the NCAA should have acted to prevent 5 conferences from ruling college sports. Schools in the ASUN should have same rights as those in ACC, or schools in Sun Belt should have same rights as those in Big 10. Playing field should be level regardless for how big a school is or how much $$$$$$$$$$ they have.

(and to make matters worse, the NCAA gives Notre Dame equal status with the Power 5 Conferences.)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What rights do P5 schools have that others do not? Oklahoma brings in more fans and more money than UAB The PAC 10 has more alumni and viewers than the MAC. Yet each school in those Conferences has the same academic and scholarship opportunities. They can also play in Bowl Games. Be on ESPN etc. When it comes to ND, no matter how overrated. I think they currently are, they ooze College Football history. They have earned the right to be an exception. Even though they are a quasi ACC member.
The NCAA does a lot of things wrong. I’m certain I don’t want them reigning supreme and dictating schedules coaches etc
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
oldflame wrote: April 9th, 2020, 2:32 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: April 9th, 2020, 2:25 pm
Manson is all over this.

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-gets- ... aun-moore/
Updating this as we're being told this report of Keshaun Moore to Liberty is not true.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 8:11 am
JK, I agree..,
Try to imagine my mortification.

Can’t blame the P5’s if the others can’t keep up. The NCAA actually does a lot to guarantee equal opportunity and access. But equality of opportunity does not guarantee equality of equality of result.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 8:11 am
JK37 wrote: April 9th, 2020, 10:12 pm

JK, I agree. But at some point in time, the NCAA should have acted to prevent 5 conferences from ruling college sports. Schools in the ASUN should have same rights as those in ACC, or schools in Sun Belt should have same rights as those in Big 10. Playing field should be level regardless for how big a school is or how much $$$$$$$$$$ they have.

(and to make matters worse, the NCAA gives Notre Dame equal status with the Power 5 Conferences.)
Ballcoach - NCAA gives equal status to P5 Conferences and NMSU - the Playoff Committee on the other hand.... if NMsU scheduled and won a top 4 schedule - they get to play for a title - nothing stopping them on paper from attempting that.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Man the keshaun moore thing is weird. Manson. More detail in rumor mill? I mean maybe hes still working on academics.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Obviously I have no idea if this is the same type situation – but he wouldn’t be the first kid to put something on social media indicating he was signing, or had some sort of offer, when the school knew nothing about it or never really offered. It’s a sign of the times.
There’s so much pressure on these kids to self promote. We forget how young they really are. With that comes some questionable decisions. Again- not saying that’s what happened here.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We offered and had him on an official visit right before signing day. Thats why all this is so strange. I mean at least at one time we really wanted him and the need is still there so for him to say that and us not want him would have to be something.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Medic is barking up the right tree. We did offer at one point, but we’ve also offered about 300 prospects for the class of 2021.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 12:18 pm I predict a major showdown between NCAA and a state governor or more - CA,NY, IL - on consensus of athletes returning. Example NCAA stating - July 1 with extended fall camp parameters ( x amount of additional practices in shorts - x amount of conditioning only days etc.) - and this whole thing being a major $&#@ show. Lawsuits etc. Early to speculate - I just don’t see a nationwide consensus happening with all the politics involved. I predict the PAC 12 to be the major cog.
There is no such thing as a "showdown" between the NCAA and a state governor. In quite a few instances, a state governor has more power that the US President does. For example- the VA governor had the power to choose the state public schools, but also the private K-12 schools. If a Governor chooses so, state schools will not open and the NCAA can only complain, and likely wouldn't.
By tyndal23
rogers3 wrote: April 11th, 2020, 8:47 pm
tyndal23 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 12:18 pm I predict a major showdown between NCAA and a state governor or more - CA,NY, IL - on consensus of athletes returning. Example NCAA stating - July 1 with extended fall camp parameters ( x amount of additional practices in shorts - x amount of conditioning only days etc.) - and this whole thing being a major $&#@ show. Lawsuits etc. Early to speculate - I just don’t see a nationwide consensus happening with all the politics involved. I predict the PAC 12 to be the major cog.
There is no such thing as a "showdown" between the NCAA and a state governor. In quite a few instances, a state governor has more power that the US President does. For example- the VA governor had the power to choose the state public schools, but also the private K-12 schools. If a Governor chooses so, state schools will not open and the NCAA can only complain, and likely wouldn't.
True. It won’t be a showdown - just a state governor not releasing state employees and athletes then an entire conference that doesn’t agree on NCAA proposed date and then it all goes kaput.
By Jonathan Carone
Health care officials said over the weekend that live music concerts may not happen again until fall 2021.

Some universities are planning for students not to be on campus again until then as well.

We likely won’t be in this type of lock down this fall, but we very well might not be allowed to have mass gatherings - aka no fans in stands.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]