Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 10th, 2020, 9:39 am
I suspect someone in that department may have flaunted their Ole Miss credentials to close that deal. :lol:
Well, her Honors English professor this semester tries to bring up Oxford and William Faulkner in class as often as he can. :oldhag Study
Last edited by Cider Jim on September 10th, 2020, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sly Fox liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Finebaum sometimes is just "hot air". Going to Southern Miss would not put Coach Freeze back on radar screen. He's already on it. From Liberty to Southern Miss would almost be considered a lateral move. Sort of like a former coach going from Liberty to Richmond.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
3 CRUCIAL GAMES TO A SUCCESSFUL 2020 SEASON
By: Jon Manson

There are many questions surrounding the 2020 season and the bowl schedule, but right now Liberty is forging ahead needing 5 wins out of the 10-game schedule to become bowl eligible.

That’s the team’s goal – to return to a bowl game. Two wins against FCS opponents can count towards bowl eligibility this season. After that, there are some tough games on Liberty’s schedule, and here are three that are crucial to the team having a successful 2020 campaign.
What do you think are our most important games of the upcoming season?
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Most important: No particular Order. Must win three of these five.
Southern Miss
LA-Monroe
FIU
Coastal Carolina
WKU
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I truly believe at worst we go 4-1 against these 5. WKU is a toss-up until I see otherwise with the Louisville game.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: September 10th, 2020, 11:38 am I truly believe at worst we go 4-1 against these 5. WKU is a toss-up until I see otherwise with the Louisville game.
I would think WKU would be a 10 point favorite going in given there record last year and the fact they return virtually the whole starting O and D (an All-America DE) except the QB who is new but a Grad transfer from Maryland.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
4-1 Against the G5 schools would be awesome!
2-0 against the two FCS schools is expected.
1-2 against the ACC schools would be great.
7-3 would be one of our best seasons ever.

10-0 as a fan is the goal. I really think we get a little closer to that every year HF is here.
LUOrange, sstaedtler liked this
By rtb72
Thought I'd catch the first half of the Coastal/Kansas game. CC's offense is no joke. They are up 21 in the first half. Strong run game and their QB is a dual threat and seems to be effective in and out of the pocket.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Did anybody watch the Georgia Southern vs. Campbell game? Campbell led for most of the game and then gave it away at the end.
CCWMichael liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 13th, 2020, 7:56 am Did anybody watch the Georgia Southern vs. Campbell game? Campbell led for most of the game and then gave it away at the end.
GSU was missing 33 players and didn't play well. CU has some big guys and some very good athletes and well coached. Made lots of silly freshman mistakes. However, I expect them to be real contenders for the BS title next year. Looks like they are going in the right direction.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 11:36 pm Thought I'd catch the first half of the Coastal/Kansas game. CC's offense is no joke. They are up 21 in the first half. Strong run game and their QB is a dual threat and seems to be effective in and out of the pocket.
CCU got 21 points off of turnovers, early in the game. KU was down emotionally and had a hard time coming back. They did catch fire before and after halftime, but they were in too deep of a whole. With about 8 minutes left to go in the game. KU recovered an onside kick, down just 11 points. However, they were called for a :BS offside call and had to kick it again. CCU looked pretty good, has some good play makers. Their QB is young, (I think he is a freshman) and made some near disastrous decisions, but he is going to be a good one. We are going to have to play a good game to beat them.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 13th, 2020, 7:56 am Did anybody watch the Georgia Southern vs. Campbell game? Campbell led for most of the game and then gave it away at the end.
Campbell, Coastal should be fun tonight. Minter has the Camels believing.
By LUDad
TH Spangler wrote: September 18th, 2020, 1:55 pm
Campbell, Coastal should be fun tonight. Minter has the Camels believing.
Thanks! I would have overlooked it. Tuning in now.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Coastal in a blow out by the 4th quarter, 43-15.
By LUOrange
With UMASS trying to play again this fall, what are the chances that we add them as an 11th game? They should be an easy win and it's good to keep a good relationship with them. We can easily add them for either of our open dates or on 12/12.
By LU 57
11 games puts you in the 6 win for bowl eligibility category, so I am guessing no.
By tyndal23
Schedule them as an alternate for any lost games We are going to lose at least 3 games to idiotic COVID restrictions and I predict 2 of them will be ACC games. BYU is still in play also. Actually just happy we got one game under our belt.
By LUDad
Lot of egg on faces with the MAC, PAC 12 & Mountain West all opting in for fall seasons...
By Jonathan Carone
Not really. States have changed regulations, schools have survived positive case surges, and daily testing has become available. All these things have allowed them to come back and play.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]