Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: October 17th, 2020, 9:03 pm 2 Things:

1. It’s a shame we don’t have a shot at UVA this year. I think we’d be competitive and have a shot at a W.

2. I was hard on Alves punting the last few seasons. Dude has improved big time. Just wanted to publicly praise him as well.
And with good reason. He has improved tremendously though this year as you acknowledged. .
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
How many of us truly thought we'd be 5-0 right now? What an accomplishment thus far. I also realize the overall record of the teams we have played and regardless of their records we are 5-0 in a season where so many teams are making excuses due to COVID-19. Our boys could've taken the same route but instead they have marched forward and taken care of business. Top 25 or not, enjoy the ride and the fruits of the coaching staff's labor because if we go into Blacksburg and knock-off the Hokies the roof off the vines is gonna blow off and this site may burst with even more ridiculous excitement for our Flames. Which I would be completely fine with.

By the way Shedro needs more interviews!
JK37, flameshaw, LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A few people on Facebook are posting that LU is now ranked #25, but I can't find a link to that anywhere.

Is this legit or Fake New? :dontgetit
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: October 18th, 2020, 5:39 pm Current Bowl Projections are:

Cure Bowl vs W. Mich
Servpro First Responders bowl v Tulsa

🤢

https://es.pn/31fwmNx
Cure Bowl was pretty fun, nice atmosphere, (unless you got more than 2 blocks from the stadium). Would be nice to go to an upper tier bowl too. We still have some work to do though. Not expecting to, but we could still go 1-4 in the last 5 games.
By LoneStar
The CBS Sports bowl "expert" doesn't even have the 5-0 Liberty going to a bowl game. :dontgetit

CFN has LU vs. UAB in the Myrtle Beach Bowl (I honestly didn't know there was such a thing)
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind the cure bowl I just want a better matchup. I’ll take it over being FCS any day.
LUOrange liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 19th, 2020, 3:30 pm Our chances against a weakened NC State team could be increasing. With their starting QB out, and hopefully all of our injured back active, Yarborough, Kidd-Glass, Frith, etc...this might very well be another ACC win.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... n-vs-duke/
The QB for NCSU was the original starter, than got the virus (as I understand). Regardless, once he came into the game against Duke, there was no fall off. This kid is still very good.
By LUOrange
That's great news. Hopefully, with the students gone I'll be able to get into the game.

Has anyone heard about TV for the Tech and NC State games?
By Jonathan Carone
Another thing we haven't talked about is the Coastal game is likely to get moved. If they keep winning and go to the SBC Championship, we won't be playing the weekend it's currently scheduled.
By LUOrange
I thought that when they announced the schedule that they said if Coastal made the SB C Championship that they'd push it back a week. I think that only the Rona or another act of God will stop that game from happening.
By Jonathan Carone
LUOrange wrote: October 21st, 2020, 11:41 am I thought that when they announced the schedule that they said if Coastal made the SB C Championship that they'd push it back a week. I think that only the Rona or another act of God will stop that game from happening.
Correct. That's why I said moved, not cancelled. At the beginning of the season, Coastal being in the SBC title game didn't seem imaginable.
By LUOrange
My understanding is that they'd push the SBC Championship game back. Am I wrong? I wouldn't think it'd be a problem anyway with most of the conferences, especially the B1G, the PAC12 & the MAC all finishing up in mid/late December anyway.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: October 21st, 2020, 11:41 am I thought that when they announced the schedule that they said if Coastal made the SB C Championship that they'd push it back a week. I think that only the Rona or another act of God will stop that game from happening.
That is also my recollection.
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote: October 21st, 2020, 1:54 pm
"It" being our game, not the SBC title game, correct? That's my understanding as well.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I am still not on the Coastal hype train and that may be due to my strong dislike for that school. I did watch the Louisiana Lafeyette game and Coastal was given a gift there by Levi Lewis and his BAD INT in the second half. Plus, Louisiana Lafeyette isn't as good as last year, but also not taking anything away from their Iowa State win in week 1.

All this to say, I think we go 9-2 at worst for this season with the UMASS game added. I also think it is very possible we could go 10-1.
LUOrange liked this
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 21st, 2020, 2:33 pm
olldflame wrote: October 21st, 2020, 1:54 pm
"It" being our game, not the SBC title game, correct? That's my understanding as well.
CCU Press Release wrote: The Sun Belt Conference is scheduled to host the 2020 football championship game on Dec. 5 between the East Division and West Division champions. However, per approval from the Sun Belt office, the date of the championship game may be adjusted if Coastal Carolina were to be one of the two teams to make the championship game.
https://goccusports.com/news/2020/8/19/ ... ber-5.aspx
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]