Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
Hickson went through a 3-4 game stretch where I started doubting him, then finished strong. Mack just has a style that is unorthodox - even his Maine film is weird - he is smooth without looking smooth ( making him look slow but not a glider like Marcus Allen ) always seems to make the wrong cut when he makes the right one - 7 yard gain looks like 3 - Hickson complete opposite 3 yard gain looked like 7 by the effort. Mack also needs 20 carries a game 3-4 will be a loss but 3-4 will be 20 plus.
By Class of 20Something
Chippy wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 3:39 pm Mack runs very similar to Leveon Bell.
Frustratingly patient. I'd much rather watch someone wait for the big men to make a hole than watch someone fast run straight into a nonexistent gap.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Both discussions are easily solved.

We just lost a 3.5 year starter. Jb took a pretty serious knee injury. Willis has not proven himself in game action yet. If the other qbs play a major role on the roster then we would be screwed this past year and this coming year. Ferguson is a depth add and puts us closer to what the fbs qb room looks like. Gill really dodged a bullett that woodrum and buck stayed almost comp healthy other than woody late in his jr season.

Mack and hickson. Cmon, Football is matchups and schemes for 90 percent of players then there are the elite guys that just beat schemes like agg and lemonier at our level. Thats why both were effective at diff times. If you dont like mack your not gonna like next year because hes going to get the rock early and often.
ballcoach15 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
And we lost our stud WR and starting QB. There is a ton of questions going into the season.
By chris leedlelee
thepostman wrote: February 17th, 2020, 5:52 pm And we lost our stud WR and starting QB. There is a ton of questions going into the season.
And we just so happen to have a stud QB transfer from Auburn coming in, but I don't think ESPN's FPI takes that into account or the Hugh Freeze effect. We are only going to be better than we were last year, and I don't think that is a controversial opinion. The chances of us finishing 122nd in the FBS is near zero IMHO.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I agree Leedlelee. No knock on Buckshot or AGG for that matter. We will miss AGG specifically, but Malik is a way better "fit" for Freeze's offense. This factor will change our fortunes for next season undoubtedly.
By Ill flame
We are a tough team to predict. We have a ton of good but inexperienced talent coming in and replacing mostly experienced but lesser talent. How do you weigh those two things and try to guess who we will be better than this season? I think we are in the 90-105 range instead of 122 but that's just my opinion.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would put NC State lower on list. The Wolfies are one of those teams that's hard to predict most seasons
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 16th, 2020, 12:44 pm I would put NC State lower on list.
Lower in the rankings (i.e. #3 to number #4 or #5) OR just lower in percentage of winning (i.e. 23% to 36%)?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK, your WV roots are showing with your dislike for VT. I believe VT returns nearly everyone from their 2 deep roster from last season. UVA was a "one man team" last season. Perkins is gone. NC State has been ready to bust out, for the past 15 seasons, but hasn't . State plays in the shadow of Duke and UNC, and probably Wake Forest. Sometimes it's hard to even remember they exist.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: March 16th, 2020, 4:12 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: March 16th, 2020, 12:44 pm I would put NC State lower on list.
Lower in the rankings (i.e. #3 to number #4 or #5) OR just lower in percentage of winning (i.e. 23% to 36%)?
#3 to a lower #, not sure how low, because one never knows about NC State. Our % of winning show be higher than what it is.
I will be disappointed if we lose to NC State.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]