Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: January 17th, 2020, 10:42 pm Picture this: Liberty losing to BYU every year in Dallas.
FIFY. And no thanks. :nono I''m still a Cure Bowl guy. I'd much rather drive to sunny Orlando than fly to the Big D.
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: January 17th, 2020, 4:29 pm
Chippy wrote: January 17th, 2020, 4:19 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 17th, 2020, 3:39 pm LU is not BYU. By any measure. They are seen as P5 Light or G5 Plus depending on Conference based upon their Historical performance as I listed above.
You are correct that LU would leap frog every Regional G5 if it were a P5 but you don’t say how LU will be seen as a P5 and you do not respond to the counter arguments
Am I missing something here? I thought P5 stood for "Power 5" conferences. I didn't know we were able to self-identify we were a P5 program while independent/ASUN affiliate, even if we did schedule 7-8 P5 teams. The AAC is not P5 by any stretch of the imagination. How can we be P5 without being in a P5 conference? That is why BYU is not considered a P5. Notre Dame is because of their affiliation with the ACC, history, TV package, et al.

I'm sure we can, in the future as an independent, schedule 11 games with true P5s and maybe go 1-10. But even then no one will consider us a P5. The goal should be, and I'm sure from the administration is, the best we can be, as stated in an earlier post, and be as unique and successful as BYU while focusing on the mission of the university in making champions for Christ. Look at the basketball team with their success and the exposure they bring to the university as they recruit the best players that fit within the mold of that mission even though they aren't 4 star/5 star athletes. I'm more than okay with that. My humble thoughts.
That’s what I keep trying to get at. Other than just “Name It and Claim It” there’s no way LU is a P5 or the newly coined P5 Indy or even P5 equivalent
Apparently we are all missing something. :D
purple - only need one conference to count you as a P5 for scheduling purposes and the ACC requires one P5 or equivalent game non con per year by each member. Look at the map of ACC - the 4 Carolina and 2 VA schools have to go out of region OR play a tough SEC team. LU working with ACC Comissioner - it makes a ton of sense for them to have LU a P5. And Geraldo - there isn’t even a P5 or G5 “ official NCAA “ term - that is only in the press and came about after last shake up - used to be Non AQ for smaller conferences in BCS. The term equivalent applies to all the Indy - P5 or G5. Army is even considered P5 by 2 conferences for scheduling purposes.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:01 pm

purple - only need one conference to count you as a P5 for scheduling purposes and the ACC requires one P5 or equivalent game non con per year by each member. Look at the map of ACC - the 4 Carolina and 2 VA schools have to go out of region OR play a tough SEC team. LU working with ACC Comissioner - it makes a ton of sense for them to have LU a P5. And Geraldo - there isn’t even a P5 or G5 “ official NCAA “ term - that is only in the press and came about after last shake up - used to be Non AQ for smaller conferences in BCS. The term equivalent applies to all the Indy - P5 or G5. Army is even considered P5 by 2 conferences for scheduling purposes.
So do we just pay the ACC whatever is necessary so they'll consider us P5? You speak like the other parties necessary will just bend over backwards to accommodate us and give us what we want. Not going to happen.
Purple Haize, rtb72 liked this
By tyndal23
I don’t care if they don’t count us a P5 right away - I mainly care that P5 level recruits see us playing 8 P5 level games and our recruiting goes to P5 level. ( based on all the other factors ). Last post or response on this thread - put it on the Mega thread...
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Who got any good pics with the trophy a couple nights ago at the basketball game ?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 8:27 pm Who got any good pics with the trophy a couple nights ago at the basketball game ?
Ballcoach and TF got individual pics. I think Ballcoach was there by 3:00. Not sure what time the trophy arrived.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 10:48 pm I got there at 3:05, but for purposes other than trophy.
According to my sources, that can only mean one thing. :denied
flamehunter, Purple Haize, thepostman and 1 others liked this
A few months later, and the celebration of Liberty's first bowl game victory continues. What do you think?

Check out Liberty's Cure Bowl Rings!

The Liberty Flames’ Cure Bowl hardware is here.

On Tuesday morning Liberty football players begin posting images of their rings from the 23-16 victory over Georgia Southern in the Flames’ first ever bowl appearance and win.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Sweet! My wife's engagement ring came with a magnifying glass (at no extra cost to me) and still wasn't this big. It's a little inconvenient when she has to rummage through her purse to find the magnifying glass just to "show off" her rings to her jealous friends.

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]