Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
MIght not lend a recruiting advantage for us, but I agree that is pretty cool
By cruzan_flame13
JK37 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 7:30 pm The program that just went to the Orange Bowl will drop. I’m sure your biases have nothing to do with that opinion. :roll:
Perkins was a valuable role in that success and he's leaving. I dint think fall is the appropriate word, but UVA will need to regroup with their new starting qb.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I watched first half of UVA vs Miami game in October. Only time I watched any UVA football since 2013, when I carried 2 high school players to UVA on a recruiting visit for a Thursday night game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 9:36 pm I watched first half of UVA vs Miami game in October. Only time I watched any UVA football since 2013, when I carried 2 high school players to UVA on a recruiting visit for a Thursday night game.
#fakenews
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote: January 14th, 2020, 11:54 am If my calculations are correct, only 33 FBS teams won more games than LU this past season. :football

Source: NCAA website
Those 33 teams all had a significantly higher Strength of Record.

Of the 21 teams that finished 8-5, only one team (Buffalo) had a worse Strength of Record than we did. Of the other 19 teams, 18 of them were at least 20 points higher in Strength of Record than we were.

This was a great year for us, but perspective is important. Our schedule was about as easy as it could possibly be.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Schedule strength will always be topic of debate in college football. Heck some naysayers say that Alabama played an easy schedule even though they're in SEC west division. In my opinion, most P5 non SEC schools play easy schedules.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 14th, 2020, 12:35 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 14th, 2020, 11:54 am If my calculations are correct, only 33 FBS teams won more games than LU this past season. :football

Source: NCAA website
Those 33 teams all had a significantly higher Strength of Record.

Of the 21 teams that finished 8-5, only one team (Buffalo) had a worse Strength of Record than we did. Of the other 19 teams, 18 of them were at least 20 points higher in Strength of Record than we were.

This was a great year for us, but perspective is important. Our schedule was about as easy as it could possibly be.
Beating Ga Southern took care of it. Proved we belonged. :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote: January 14th, 2020, 4:32 pm Was there any merchandise available outside of the t shirts made? I'd love to get a pennant but cannot find one anywhere!
Someone is missing a good opportunity to market our bowl win. There should be hats and t shirts flooding the market at LU bookstore and area Walmarts.
LUOrange, Purple Haize liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: