Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
other then that stupid penalty, this defense has played about as well as they could against this offense. We should be up my more but I'll take it

GS has bailed us out a few times and if I was a GS fan I'd been pretty upset over the officiating.
spencers777 liked this
By BlueBird
All I can say right now is ugh....

And y'all came to play. Really hope we make some adjustments at the half. Or y'all will blow us out.
thepostman wrote: December 21st, 2019, 5:24 pm GS has bailed us out a few times and if I was a GS fan I'd been pretty upset over the officiating.
There's only been a few calls I'm really upset about. That was absolutely a fumble!
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Our defensive line and line backers have played the best they've played all year.

For those of you not able to watch on CBS Sports Network, Houston Nutt and Kevin Carter during halftime show were so pro-georgia southern that it is sickening. No love for the LU defense. Both of them said as well as Aaron Murray that Georgia Southern's offense would be way to much for us to handle.

Also, Georgia Southern better thank Alex Probert, it SHOULD BE 20-7 RIGHT NOW!
Liberty22 liked this
By sstaedtler
Defense A+
Offense C-
Special Teams D+

Defense played beyond what could be imagined. Stubbs is not a punt returner. Don't trust Probert at all. Would much rather see Hixson than Mack in most situations. They need to throw to AGG on first down and get him involved.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
We were gifted 3 points by the refs on that fumble because it was. As for a the officiating overall, I thought a lot of the calls were legit so...

Are you surprised?? Huston Nutt brought down Freeze at Ole Miss with his FOIA after Hugh blamed him for Ole Miss being on probation. Aaron Murray is a UGA guy too, former SEC foe.
Last edited by ballah09 on December 21st, 2019, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badger74 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 21st, 2019, 5:34 pm
thepostman wrote: December 21st, 2019, 5:30 pm Yes, it absolutely was. The whistle was blown AFTER the ball started to come out. We got lucky there.
But forward progress had stopped.
Doesn't matter. Play stops when the whistle blows.
By tyndal23
thepostman wrote: December 21st, 2019, 5:30 pm Yes, it absolutely was. The whistle was blown AFTER the ball started to come out. We got lucky there.
He was picked up and being carried backwards - doesn’t matter If whistle comes a bit late - momentum was stopped clearly.
By BlueBird
sstaedtler wrote: December 21st, 2019, 5:35 pm Defense A+
Offense C-
Special Teams D+
I'd rate the flame offense a B at the lowest. Easily moving the ball.

And defense came hungry! Playing lights out!

Hope you all much less luck in the second half. :wink:
Liberty22 liked this
By LUOrange
These game announcers and the studio crew are heavy GA SO. fans, even with us up 16-7. That's ok, it's better to stay the underdog.
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: