Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Eagle76
HAIL SOUTHERN! It's game day Eagle Nation-lets hope for a safe bowl game for both sides. Good luck Liberty--don't be mad at the final score.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Eagle76 wrote: December 21st, 2019, 8:38 am HAIL SOUTHERN! It's game day Eagle Nation-lets hope for a safe bowl game for both sides. Good luck Liberty--don't be mad at the final score.
It will be hard to be mad when we come out on top! :lol:
By LU 57
Sitting poolside on a chilly morning anxiously awaiting my teenage daughter to wake up so we can get going.

Pretty fired up for the game. Almost feels like a game day back in the 20th century🤣🤣

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: December 21st, 2019, 10:54 am On a positive note. Parking and traffic sucks.
I got lucky on parking, I parked less than 100 feet from stadium in a church parking lot for 20.00 cash. 30 second walk to gate.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This is a great early measuring stick for us. HCHF definitely paid immediate dividends with our first true winning season in a few years, and I'm encouraged by the recruiting, but today really is the first real chance we have to see how we stack up as an FBS program.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
If anyone else is still searching for a way to watch the game where you are, I just signed up for a week's free trial of fubo tv, which includes CNS sports net. It's $60/month after the week is over, so i need to be sure to cancel. 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: December 21st, 2019, 11:53 am This is a great early measuring stick for us. HCHF definitely paid immediate dividends with our first true winning season in a few years, and I'm encouraged by the recruiting, but today really is the first real chance we have to see how we stack up as an FBS program.
Win or lose, I will not judge too much. because we are playing a triple option team. Not real NCAA football in my opinion.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Well, it's real NCAA football and we should embrace the challenge.

The beauty in college football is the variety of styles you see. I'm a fan.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: December 21st, 2019, 11:53 am This is a great early measuring stick for us. HCHF definitely paid immediate dividends with our first true winning season in a few years, and I'm encouraged by the recruiting, but today really is the first real chance we have to see how we stack up as an FBS program.
How so? We played 10 games against FBS competition and won 5 of them. GA Southern should be no better than the 4th best team we have played.
thepostman, ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 21st, 2019, 12:22 pm Well, it's real NCAA football and we should embrace the challenge.

The beauty in college football is the variety of styles you see. I'm a fan.
No. If fraudcoach says it it must be true
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This game is not a measuring stick for our program, dependent upon final score. Now if we were playing a Power 5 team, or maybe even a team from AAC, I would feel different.
With all due respect to GA Southern, they don't move the needle for Liberty.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
GSU is putting is to shame here. They have all kinds of organized stuff. Everyone in re is wandering around looking for something to do.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: December 21st, 2019, 12:40 pm
How so? We played 10 games against FBS competition and won 5 of them. GA Southern should be no better than the 4th best team we have played.
For me, it's about "how do we measure up at the end of year one compared to a team that was in our same position in 2015. We look competitive or win, that can give us a lot of hope and positive momentum heading into 2020 spring ball and the second half of recruiting. We get hammered, it shows that we have a much longer way to go, but that's merely my opinion.
By Eagle76
ballcoach15 wrote: December 21st, 2019, 12:19 pm
Win or lose, I will not judge too much. because we are playing a triple option team. Not real NCAA football in my opinion.
Well this not real football team has beat Liberty 3 times. I don't know about you, but 3 is more than 0 for this not real football team..
Purple Haize liked this
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]