Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
I would guess that we received 5,000 because 1. That is what we requested or 2. The Cure Bowl representatives saw how many people actually showed up to the NM State game. We had maybe 5-7k in the stands? 3. Lynchburg is a long way from Orlando. 4. We have not really built a fan base yet. That will take years to slowly build. 5. Southern has 30 plus years of winning history.
By BlueBird
It's not exactly an allotment in the traditional sense. Neither team is able to request an amount. A contract stipulates that each team is required to purchase a set number of tickets. What the contract actually says, and how they came up with the numbers is a mystery, at least to me. I've heard one theory say that the bowl looks at your average home attendance for the year, and sets the number of tickets based off a percentage of that. They believe that you could expect about 75% of your average attendance number to travel to a bowl game.

So, say you averaged about 6,500 this year, 75% would be about 4,800. Just round it up to an even 5,000.

Our attendance numbers took a hit this year. I can't find the exact number, but let's just say it was about 10,500. 75% of that would be about 8,000.

I don't know if that's how they actually do it, but it's interesting to consider.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: December 12th, 2019, 9:18 am 99% sure this will be happening at the NBC Sports Grill & Brew at 6000 Universal Blvd in Orlando on Friday, December 20 from 6-8p. This is at Universal City Walk, the same location as the Cure Bowl Pep Rally and Battle of the Bands happening from 5-6. Go to the Battle of the Bands, walk over to the ASOR meet & greet.
That's GREAT news! :clapping
By Old Red
I'm not able to attend because of my chemo treatments. But, my wife and I were able to donate some tickets for cancer patients in Orlando. Glad some folks get to go in my place. We'll be having a watch party with family up here in Va. Go Flames!
By LU 57

Have reservations at the Crowne Plaza downtown but considering moving over here. A little more than I would like to spend, but it would be nice to be closer to the pep rally and AOR meetup. Early entrance to the park would be a nice bonus as well. Anyone else considering?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 9:54 pm How much are rooms a night
Ballcoach, the fine print says $190 a night.
By BlueBird
Class of 20Something wrote: December 13th, 2019, 12:22 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 11:53 pm Steep price.
Not for a Loews it isn't. I've stayed at the Loews Annapolis a few times and it's ruined me for ever staying 3* again.
I'm a travel agent that books a lot of clients for Universal and Disney. $190 is not bad at all for Sapphire Falls. I would jump on it if they offered something like that for Georgia Southern.

For reference: if you wanted to stay at Sapphire Falls for both Friday and Saturday night next weekend, and booked directly, currently it'd cost you right at $730. If you just wanted to stay Saturday night the 21st only, it is currently $364.51.

So yeah, $190/night is a steal!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 7:24 am I'm at 450.00, plus fuel and FOOD for the trip.
Don't forget your Burger King coupons! :lol: Or will you be packing MREs? :wink:
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BlueBird wrote: December 12th, 2019, 10:24 am It's not exactly an allotment in the traditional sense. Neither team is able to request an amount. A contract stipulates that each team is required to purchase a set number of tickets. What the contract actually says, and how they came up with the numbers is a mystery, at least to me. I've heard one theory say that the bowl looks at your average home attendance for the year, and sets the number of tickets based off a percentage of that. They believe that you could expect about 75% of your average attendance number to travel to a bowl game.

So, say you averaged about 6,500 this year, 75% would be about 4,800. Just round it up to an even 5,000.

Our attendance numbers took a hit this year. I can't find the exact number, but let's just say it was about 10,500. 75% of that would be about 8,000.

I don't know if that's how they actually do it, but it's interesting to consider.
We averaged 18k +.
By BlueBird
flamehunter wrote: December 13th, 2019, 9:17 am
BlueBird wrote: December 12th, 2019, 10:24 am It's not exactly an allotment in the traditional sense. Neither team is able to request an amount. A contract stipulates that each team is required to purchase a set number of tickets. What the contract actually says, and how they came up with the numbers is a mystery, at least to me. I've heard one theory say that the bowl looks at your average home attendance for the year, and sets the number of tickets based off a percentage of that. They believe that you could expect about 75% of your average attendance number to travel to a bowl game.

We averaged 18k +.
Yeah, who knows how they figure out the number. Nothing about bowls make much sense. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'd imagine we got 5,000 initially since this is our first bowl experience and it was unknown how many would actually make the trip. But that is just speculation on my part as I have no inside info on how that process works.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 13th, 2019, 8:58 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 7:24 am I'm at 450.00, plus fuel and FOOD for the trip.
Don't forget your Burger King coupons! :lol: Or will you be packing MREs? :wink:
Maybe I will get lucky and get some BK Gift cards for Christmas, before I depart on the 19th.
By LU 57
BlueBird wrote: December 13th, 2019, 6:23 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 11:53 pm Steep price.
Not for a Loews it isn't. I've stayed at the Loews Annapolis a few times and it's ruined me for ever staying 3* again.
I'm a travel agent that books a lot of clients for Universal and Disney. $190 is not bad at all for Sapphire Falls. I would jump on it if they offered something like that for Georgia Southern.

For reference: if you wanted to stay at Sapphire Falls for both Friday and Saturday night next weekend, and booked directly, currently it'd cost you right at $730. If you just wanted to stay Saturday night the 21st only, it is currently $364.51.

I called Universal last night and this morning. They told me they had a block for media but not fans. Not sure what is going on.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
While no historical data is available, one would think a first time bowl would result in thousands of tickets being sold.
Fans needs to support the Flames in Orlando.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 11:40 am While no historical data is available, one would think a first time bowl would result in thousands of tickets being sold.
Fans needs to support the Flames in Orlando.
With no evidence, why would one think that a first time bowl would result in thousands of tickets being sold?
By LU 57
LU 57 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:14 am
BlueBird wrote: December 13th, 2019, 6:23 am

I called Universal last night and this morning. They told me they had a block for media but not fans. Not sure what is going on.
UPDATE: All fixed. Booked now at Sapphire Falls. 🔥🔥🔥
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defea[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]