Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
3 guys eating burger king at a softball game, dont move the needle.

I said in my post, that of course there are alumni over 35, and also some random fans that arent alumni. But alumni is where 80-90% of support is built eventually. We will get there, it is just worth noting that we are very young.
Purple Haize liked this
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 10:26 am There are loyal LU fans who are not alumni.
But that is not going to translate into them traveling a significant distance for a bowl game or even an "out of the way" away game. Even some of our "most loyal of fans" just can't get that accomplished, be it costs, conflicts, or whatever. The overall base, to Ri's point is that we are small right now, in comparison to many other fan bases. My family and I are abundantly blessed to have both the flexibility and resources to be able to attend....but I do believe we are mostly likely the exception rather than the norm in regards to the majority of the LU fan base.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 11:54 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 10:26 am There are loyal LU fans who are not alumni.
But that is not going to translate into them traveling a significant distance for a bowl game or even an "out of the way" away game. Even some of our "most loyal of fans" just can't get that accomplished, be it costs, conflicts, or whatever. The overall base, to Ri's point is that we are small right now, in comparison to many other fan bases. My family and I are abundantly blessed to have both the flexibility and resources to be able to attend....but I do believe we are mostly likely the exception rather than the norm in regards to the majority of the LU fan base.
Lookit fellas. If ballcoach says it then it is absolutely true. Until it isn’t. Then he will deny having said it! :D
thepostman, rtb72 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I started thinking about and planning for bowl trip in September. I did not wait until selection Sunday. I think many fans want to go, but waited too late to plan.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 15th, 2019, 1:07 pm From my understanding, you are also not married, do not have kids to support, and do not have a full time job.

Your situation is one that 99% of the people who support Liberty can’t relate to.
He’s also not being 100% truthful
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Regardless, your situation isn't like the majority of Liberty supporters. You have made this pretty clear with all of your softball travel. I can't even fathom traveling as much as you do. Between family,work, training and church commitments it is very hard to make time to travel for liberty athletics any more than once a year. Tops.

The lack of empathy you show towards the majority of Liberty alum is pretty mind numbing.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 1:18 pm I do work full time.
Plus, Ballcoach is retired Army so he is LOADED with military pension money! :usa :oldhag
By CCWMichael
thepostman wrote: December 15th, 2019, 1:31 pm Regardless, your situation isn't like the majority of Liberty supporters. You have made this pretty clear with all of your softball travel. I can't even fathom traveling as much as you do. Between family,work, training and church commitments it is very hard to make time to travel for liberty athletics any more than once a year. Tops.

The lack of empathy you show towards the majority of Liberty alum is pretty mind numbing.
I have been thinking of a post for sometime in response to the lack of awareness so thank you for nailing it for me.
Imagine this as PR for liberty.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
One interesting aspect for Liberty alumni too is how many are pastors or work full time for a church. So Sundays are a big work day for a lot of us. Just an interesting observation other schools don’t have to contend with.
By Jonathan Carone
Dalegarz1 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 4:18 pm My son and I are flying in from NJ on Saturday morning and flying back Saturday night! Any tailgating happening?
I’m jealous. The flights back to NC left too early Saturday night for me to go down and back day of.
thepostman liked this
By rtb72
Dalegarz1 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 4:18 pm My son and I are flying in from NJ on Saturday morning and flying back Saturday night! Any tailgating happening?
My family and I thought about it...but I think we are going to hit the pregame events at the Church Street Station. I'm still trying to navigate though the website and get more information on the events of Saturday before the game. The gates open just one hour before kickoff and it appears most of the organized events happen away from the stadium at "Church Street Station". If anyone else has any info or inside intel....it'd be great to hear.
By Adio4life
Excited to attend the first ever bowl game in LU’s History. My wife and I are alumni, I’m a former athlete and my nephew, who’s a true freshman, is currently playing DE (Tre’Shuan Clark 96). So we will be coming down in full force, 20 of us. We will be staying at the Tuscany Village by Hilton; keep me updated if there is a flame fans get together. Hopefully alumni and fans come out to support this first endeavor.
thepostman, PAmedic, ballcoach15 and 3 others liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
For the former players who post on the board, do you all have any kind of idea what the response has been for other former players? It would be awesome to see a lot of former players turn out for something they helped lay the foundation for if they are able to.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I talked with a lady at Thomas Road last night. She said there were 10 in her family driving down Friday.

Last time I was at a bowl game in Orlando, I got mad because Virginia Tech punted for 10th or 11th time in the game, I got up and left and drove non stop home, except for 1 fuel stop.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 16th, 2019, 8:28 am For the former players who post on the board, do you all have any kind of idea what the response has been for other former players? It would be awesome to see a lot of former players turn out for something they helped lay the foundation for if they are able to.
There is nothing organized, but I know a few players from the very first team in 73 will be there. Just look for the wheelchairs. :)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 16th, 2019, 9:07 am Last time I was at a bowl game in Orlando, I got mad because Virginia Tech punted for 10th or 11th time in the game, I got up and left and drove non stop home, except for 1 fuel stop.
That sounds very much like your attitude at the UVa softball game last year, except that I was driving.
By LU 57
thepostman wrote: December 16th, 2019, 8:28 am For the former players who post on the board, do you all have any kind of idea what the response has been for other former players? It would be awesome to see a lot of former players turn out for something they helped lay the foundation for if they are able to.
I’m not the best at keeping up with folks, so I have not spoken to many guys, but I know there will be at least 2 early-mid-90’s guys. We had quite a few players from central Florida, so I am hoping to see more though. Working on one as we speak.
By Jonathan Carone
flameshaw wrote: December 16th, 2019, 9:37 am
There is nothing organized, but I know a few players from the very first team in 73 will be there. Just look for the wheelchairs. :)
You guys and the people who were around in the 70s are the ones I’m most happy for. You all have waited a long time to see this.
ballcoach15, thepostman, flameshaw and 2 others liked this
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
I was there in the late 90's. Luckily, I did not visit campus prior to being dropped off. It was trash. Demoss was a one floor concrete shell with dirty ripped carpet. Because of my experience at Liberty this means a lot to me. There was a bunch of interest from my friends in going, but many just were not able. I am off this time of year, so it was easier for me. I work with a bunch of Southern grads. It has been fun going back and forth with them.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]