Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Libertyfan_71
Buckshots family and friends will be there. We will have about 20 people with us. We are lucky enough that it's only a 3-hour drive for us, but some are coming as far as Pa. Go Flames!!!! :football :football :football
By chris leedlelee
This LU alumni just so happens to live within 5 minutes of Exploria Stadium, so I will definately be there! So happy LU just so happened to come to the Cure Bowl this year. To other LU fans visiting, I'd recommend Tin and Taco if you are dining downtown before or after the game.
By walksports
Haven't posted much in awhile from the far north side of the greater Houston area.

Was hoping the one projection going to the Armed Forces Bowl worked out, but am making the trip.

Flying over Friday night late, staying about a mile and a half walk from the stadium and plan to do the Clermont parkrun (second ever parkrun in the US) on Saturday morning and flying back to Houston on Sunday morning.

Looking forward to it all!
By ChampionsArise727
James Black here, so excited to go and support the Liberty Flames!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 10th, 2019, 4:32 pm That's a stupid good deal. $500 for a chartered flight and game tickets.
So good. I wish I had an unlimited budget. I'd love to get in on that deal.
ChampionsArise727 wrote:James Black here, so excited to go and support the Liberty Flames!
Good to have you! Go Flames!
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I’ll be at the game with my two youngest boys. We expect to fly in on Thursday and will stay at the Doubletree. We plan to go to Disney on Friday, game day Saturday and fly back on Sunday.

For those that live within driving distance of Lynchburg, the chartered flight is an incredible offer.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 4:54 pm I can get 2 nights in hotel, and Enterprise Rent a Car for les than 500.00,
Driving alone from Gretna to Orlando is your choice, but please don't try to tell us it's cost efficient. You will be blown away by the facts. Car rental plus gas for a trip like this will almost always be more expensive than commercial flights, and that's not even getting into the fact that you will likely be taking more time off work. It's also far more dangerous. I am looking at a much longer trip than you, flying to Orlando from Indianapolis, renting a car for a day, and hotel (only one night) and flying back to Chicago to meet up with family for around 300. To save money by driving, you really need 3 or more sharing the cost.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We got a suite booked at the downtown Marriott, which is a 14-minute walk to the stadium (.7 of a mile).
By sstaedtler
I could not go due to some health issues and the time of year but I did spend $100 to send military or others to the game. Don't want an empty stadium.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:34 pm We got a suite booked at the downtown Marriott, which is a 14-minute walk to the stadium (.7 of a mile).
Are you in shape for that walk ?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:47 pm I could not go due to some health issues and the time of year but I did spend $100 to send military or others to the game. Don't want an empty stadium.
That’s special. Props to you, good sir.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m curious how many seats are on the chartered Fan Flight. Also wondering if any celebrities or personalities from within the department are on the trip.
By Geraldos Mustache
Liberty Marketing Department should work with local Christian schools in the Orlando area and offer to pay for their entire football team to attend the Cure Bowl.

I just did a Google search for "Christian schools in Orlando" and checked out a few schools. Very impressed with Orlando Christian Prep and their Varsity football team who won the 2018 State Championship. Link here...
http://www.orlandochristianprep.org/athletics/

Would be great to fill seats with local high school Christian athletes. Does anyone have relationships with the right people at Liberty to promote this idea?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:50 pm Are you in shape for that walk ?
Not to worry, Ballcoach. I'm an Eagle Scout with a hiking merit badge. I could out walk you any day of the week (and twice on Sunday).
By Jonathan Carone
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 10th, 2019, 7:53 pm Liberty Marketing Department should work with local Christian schools in the Orlando area and offer to pay for their entire football team to attend the Cure Bowl.

I just did a Google search for "Christian schools in Orlando" and checked out a few schools. Very impressed with Orlando Christian Prep and their Varsity football team who won the 2018 State Championship. Link here...
http://www.orlandochristianprep.org/athletics/

Would be great to fill seats with local high school Christian athletes. Does anyone have relationships with the right people at Liberty to promote this idea?
I’m not sure that’s legal from a compliance perspective.
By LU 57
Headed down on Thursday night with my daughter who will be a freshman at LU next fall. Since it is just the 2 of us I paid up for the club seats. We will probably go to Universal and check out the pep rally Friday evening.

What time were you thinking for the meet and greet?

Also, for those more familiar with downtown Orlando, thoughts on Uber vs. airport car rental? Is the area around Exploria a little nicer than around Camping World? Have been to a couple of games there.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There is also sun rail from the airport to downtown. I haven't used it but it is an option for people not wanting to pay for a rental and are staying downtown.

I am super bummed I can't swing this trip somehow.

https://sunrail.com/
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:53 pm I’m curious how many seats are on the chartered Fan Flight. Also wondering if any celebrities or personalities from within the department are on the trip.
I am checking with my security detail right now. Not sure if I will be able to make the Fan Flight, may have to go private jet. Besides it is a 3 hour drive to L'burg for me. 8) 8)
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]