Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:53 pm I got military discount on hotel room. 88.00 plus tax. Nice hotel, I have stayed there before.
1 not everyone can use a military discount
2 based on your idea of fine cuisine (Burger King) you idea of “nice” is probably different than other people
By BlueBird
ballcoach15 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 11:19 pm
Risewithus wrote: December 13th, 2019, 11:00 pm If we locked in tix through the school, when do we get them?
You will get email early next week. That's what ticket office told me today
And I'm not sure if you all have been made aware, that Exploria is a mobile ticket only venue. There will be no hard copy tickets available. We haven't been told exactly how they will be distributed yet, that will come in the email we should receive early next week.

We have been speculating that it will be distributed via the ticketmaster mobile app. That's how the Orlando City MLS team's tickets are handled.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BlueBird wrote: December 14th, 2019, 8:28 am Quick update on the Georgia Southern side of things. I saw it reported last night that we're up to 4,500 tickets sold.
And most of you are staying at the Downtown Marriott with at least 2 old LU professors.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I certianly hope there is a good turnout but you have been told over and over again by multiple people that your expectations for fan turnout aren't based on any real data or in reality.

The reality is, we are a young school with a young alumni base. 3 or 4k is probably the best we can do at this point.

I think that is fine considering the circumstances.
By Jonathan Carone
The fact that we’re at 3000 - even if that number includes comps - is incredible to me. Given the opponent, date, and location, I didn’t think we’d get more than 2000. I’m glad to once again be wrong.
By CCWMichael
Private flights costs are ridiculous. From Harrisburg to Orlando 10 K is a steep discounted rate on a prop flight.
Like Abba sang: "it's a rich man's world".
Thought I could squeak in with prices close to commercial.
Silly me!

Want to go so bad it almost hurts, Just need to be back for the Ballet on Sunday.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 14th, 2019, 8:46 pm I respectfully disagree. We should have 10,000
Based on what? I'd love for 10,000 liberty fans to turn up but that isn't realistic. There are P5 schools that don't move that many tickets to low level bowl games.

Come back to reality a little bit man.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We have spent about 46 years watching other teams go to bowls. Now that we are going , it's a big deal. A historic game.

If Dr. Falwell was still with us, do you think he would be satisfied with 2500 ? He dreamed big, so do I
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You're right Dr Falwell wouldn't of been satisfied with that but he was much better at drumming up support than his son but that is a whole other discussion.
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote: December 14th, 2019, 10:07 pm We have spent about 46 years watching other teams go to bowls. Now that we are going , it's a big deal. A historic game.

If Dr. Falwell was still with us, do you think he would be satisfied with 2500 ? He dreamed big, so do I
We are getting there. We just have to be patient. Continued success will draw people in.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote: December 14th, 2019, 8:51 pm Private flights costs are ridiculous. From Harrisburg to Orlando 10 K is a steep discounted rate on a prop flight.
Like Abba sang: "it's a rich man's world".
Thought I could squeak in with prices close to commercial.
Silly me!

Want to go so bad it almost hurts, Just need to be back for the Ballet on Sunday.
Direct flight on AMERICAN Airlines from Philadelphia to Orlando (leave Friday morning - return Saturday night after the game) is $784/person. Saturday night flight departs at 9:41pm.
By Dirty 30
We will be there! Leaving South Carolina Wednesday after school! Go Flames!
rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 14th, 2019, 8:46 pm I respectfully disagree. We should have 10,000
Get some of your friends you’re staying with at The Villages to pony up some cash :D
By R i
Registration Days Posts
When I was a freshman, the graduating class was about 1500. I graduated with 4500. That was 2009. I could be off on those numbers, but the point remains the same. The majority of our alumni are 35 years or younger. Yes we have picked up a few random fans that arent alumni, and yes we have alumni older than 35, but for the biggest part of alumni (75% is a guess) , we are younger than 35 and a trip to Orlando for a thousand bucks just isnt in the cards.

I got fortunate to get a sweet deal, providing me a way to get down there.

I wouldnt be surprised in 10 years , once our alumni base grows and we have advanced in FBS prominence, we send 10K to a every bowl game.

Ian and company had to know the alumni base they are dealing with couldnt support 5K tickets to Orlando. Charlotte, maybe.
By Jonathan Carone
Another piece of our alumni base is that we have more student loan debt per student than most schools do. In ten years, those payments are gone for a lot of us.
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now.

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]