Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BlueBird
A Sea of Red wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:02 am 4 Georgia Southern players to watch

https://www.aseaofred.com/4-georgia-sou ... -to-watch/
With our rushing prowess, no RB on the watch list?

Wesley Kennedy leads the team in TDs with 10. He's averaging 95 yards per game and 6.9 per carry. If he catches a seam, he's gone. Our speedy back. Watch for him to take to the outside and cut it up field for long gains.

JD King leads the team with total rushing yards at 792, but is arguably are more short distance/power back. He will typically attack the LOS and bully his way to a 3 or 4 yard gain. Rarely goes down with first contact. It may take 2 or more Flames to bring this beast down.

Vildor and Brinson are one of, if not THE, best DB tandem in the Sun Belt. Our stats may show a lot of passing yards allowed, but a lot of that came from short passes over the middle. Our short pass defense is horrendous.

Our biggest question mark this year has been the offensive line. Injuries have plagued us, and overall the line doesn't have a ton of experience as one cohesive unit. They're usually hot or cold. Not a lot of in between. If the Flames' defensive front can put constant heavy pressure on our O-Line, it will be a long game for the Eagles.

And for the record, it's not often a kicker is one of the players to watch, but T. Bass is legit. See last year's Camellia Bowl:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
With the ASOR members be getting together for a meet & greet in Orlando before or after the bowl game? If so, I'd like to hear some details.
By rtb72
BlueBird wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:38 am
A Sea of Red wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:02 am 4 Georgia Southern players to watch

https://www.aseaofred.com/4-georgia-sou ... -to-watch/
With our rushing prowess, no RB on the watch list?

Wesley Kennedy leads the team in TDs with 10. He's averaging 95 yards per game and 6.9 per carry. If he catches a seam, he's gone. Our speedy back. Watch for him to take to the outside and cut it up field for long gains.

JD King leads the team with total rushing yards at 792, but is arguably are more short distance/power back. He will typically attack the LOS and bully his way to a 3 or 4 yard gain. Rarely goes down with first contact. It may take 2 or more Flames to bring this beast down.

Vildor and Brinson are one of, if not THE, best DB tandem in the Sun Belt. Our stats may show a lot of passing yards allowed, but a lot of that came from short passes over the middle. Our short pass defense is horrendous.

Our biggest question mark this year has been the offensive line. Injuries have plagued us, and overall the line doesn't have a ton of experience as one cohesive unit. They're usually hot or cold. Not a lot of in between. If the Flames' defensive front can put constant heavy pressure on our O-Line, it will be a long game for the Eagles.

And for the record, it's not often a kicker is one of the players to watch, but T. Bass is legit. See last year's Camellia Bowl:
Welcome! Thanks for the insight. I hope it will be a fun and competitive game.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Cider Jim wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:43 am With the ASOR members be getting together for a meet & greet in Orlando before or after the bowl game? If so, I'd like to hear some details.
Hoping to get it finalized today. We're planning on Friday night immediately after the Battle of the Bands. The basketball team plays that night so it will be a watch party around that game. More details to come.
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:43 pm This is BIG travel news from Bob Good of the Flames Club, which just came in an email:

Liberty University is making available a chartered fan flight for your Flames Football game at the Cure Bowl in Orlando, Fla.!

The plane will depart Lynchburg for Orlando at approximately 9 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 20, and depart Orlando for the return trip to Lynchburg at approximately 6 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 22.

Seats are limited and a special package ticket price including flight ticket and game ticket is offered at $500 per person. Seat locations will be assigned using the Flames Club priority process (membership level and loyalty point total) for all purchases made by 5 p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday, Dec. 11). Club seat tickets (valued at $150) will be assigned first as the game ticket for package purchases, until sold out, after which sideline game tickets (valued at $50) will be assigned. However, package tickets are available to all Flame fans on a first-come, first-served basis until sold out, so act now!

Hotel accommodations and meals are not included in the package. More details will be provided to those who purchase package tickets. If you have already purchased a game ticket, you can upgrade to a package ticket by simply paying the price difference.

Please call 434-582-SEAT (7328) or 434-582-CLUB (2582) to purchase, or click here and select “Flight & West Club Game Ticket” at the bottom.

Please email FlamesClub@liberty.edu for any questions.

We hope to have you travel with us---GO FLAMES!
THIS is what we would do if it was in our stars. Amber would love the camaraderie.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Yikes, that's not a great start. Hope we are doing better, but doubt it. I'd imagine this game ends up about 50% filled. Really hope it's closer to 75%-100%, but just don't see it happening.
By BlueBird
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: December 12th, 2019, 2:22 pm Yikes, that's not a great start. Hope we are doing better, but doubt it. I'd imagine this game ends up about 50% filled. Really hope it's closer to 75%-100%, but just don't see it happening.
Most of those were pre-orders, and people who planned to go to the bowl no matter where it was. I imagine sales will pick up over the weekend and early next week. Once people have had a chance to talk things over, get time off approved, and let payday hit the banks.

I'd fully expect 9k+ Georgia Southern fans. If we bring less than 8k I'd be shocked.
By Ewglenn
BlueBird wrote: December 12th, 2019, 2:43 pm
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: December 12th, 2019, 2:22 pm Yikes, that's not a great start. Hope we are doing better, but doubt it. I'd imagine this game ends up about 50% filled. Really hope it's closer to 75%-100%, but just don't see it happening.
Most of those were pre-orders, and people who planned to go to the bowl no matter where it was. I imagine sales will pick up over the weekend and early next week. Once people have had a chance to talk things over, get time off approved, and let payday hit the banks.

I'd fully expect 9k+ Georgia Southern fans. If we bring less than 8k I'd be shocked.
From what I can tell y’all are shooting for 8k sold through the ticket office. The highest attendance the bowl has ever had was 27,213 when UCF played Arkansas St. the other three games have failed to hit 20k. The most similar geographic matchup (distance from the bowl) was WKU vs Georgia State. That game drew the second highest attendance at 19,585. I think with your fans and ours we will top that one. I expect around 21k. Not a sellout but the stadium will look good on tv
By BlueBird
Ewglenn wrote: December 12th, 2019, 3:45 pm
BlueBird wrote: December 12th, 2019, 2:43 pm

From what I can tell y’all are shooting for 8k sold through the ticket office. The highest attendance the bowl has ever had was 27,213 when UCF played Arkansas St. the other three games have failed to hit 20k. The most similar geographic matchup (distance from the bowl) was WKU vs Georgia State. That game drew the second highest attendance at 19,585. I think with your fans and ours we will top that one. I expect around 21k. Not a sellout but the stadium will look good on tv
I'd agree with that!

Another thing to remember, all those other Cure Bowls were played in the Camping World stadium. This year is the first year the game will be played in the nearby Exploria Stadium, which plays home to the Orlando City MLS team. It has a capacity of 25,500.

21k is a very good estimate and will make for a rocking, near capacity, stadium.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully LU fans will flock to the bowl. We have known for several weeks that chance of a bowl bid was excellent. Have known since evening of November 30th that we are bowl eligible. Knew that our likely destination was Cure Bowl. Ample time for fans to plan ahead for a bowl trip. It wasn't like we backed into a bowl on selection Sunday.
In my opinion, LU should have at least 10,000 fans there.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Considering all those rankings this truly would be a huge win for Liberty. Not only would it put us at 8 wins, which is itself phenomenal, it would generate a ton of momentum going into the off season for our players beating a team that "we shouldn't beat". The confidence it would give them would be great and the expectation to do the same next year (get a bowl win) would be set. While I am always worried about the option, you've gotta think Freeze can lead us to a win here with so much time to prepare. It's tough not to drink the koolaid, but with the JUCOs that we are getting, combined with dynamic QB who will have had loads of time to grasp Freeze's systems, a 9 win season wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, but this game sets the tone for the preparations!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
If Georgia southern brings 8K , I would hope LU can bring at least 4K. Anyone seeing early ticket numbers for LU ?
By LU 57
R i wrote: December 13th, 2019, 12:54 pm If Georgia southern brings 8K , I would hope LU can bring at least 4K. Anyone seeing early ticket numbers for LU ?
The silence on the matter is deafening...
By Jonathan Carone
Given that we couldn't sell out a home game vs a ranked ACC school - in part because people didn't like the risen ticket prices - I have serious doubts we'll have a huge crowd for a game in Orlando.

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]