Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BlueBird
ballcoach15 wrote: December 20th, 2019, 11:53 am As I have said many times, I wish Ga Southern ran a traditional offense, instead of triple option. I despise the TO, reminds me of high school football, win or lose.
I have never understood this comment. It gets thrown around a lot. What exactly is not liked? *Looks* like high school doesn't make any sense to me. I've seen high schools run RPO based offenses, Air Raid style offenses, Pro-Style...how is this one style of offense immediately associated with high school football?
LU 57 liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
BlueBird wrote: December 20th, 2019, 12:57 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 20th, 2019, 11:53 am As I have said many times, I wish Ga Southern ran a traditional offense, instead of triple option. I despise the TO, reminds me of high school football, win or lose.
I have never understood this comment. It gets thrown around a lot. What exactly is not liked? *Looks* like high school doesn't make any sense to me. I've seen high schools run RPO based offenses, Air Raid style offenses, Pro-Style...how is this one style of offense immediately associated with high school football?
Don’t take anything ball coach says seriously.. none of us do. Seriously :lol:
thepostman, BlueBird, Purple Haize and 1 others liked this
By BlueBird
Liberty22 wrote: December 20th, 2019, 2:21 pm
Don’t take anything ball coach says seriously.. none of us do. Seriously :lol:
haha gotcha!

But I am curious. It is regularly used as an insult, and I quite understood it.
By Dalegarz1
I ran the triple option in high school and it can be a beast to defend particularly if all 3 options (fullback, qb, halfback) are legitimate threats. If you have that AND can throw it a little, it drives defensive coordinators nuts. We will get a taste of that next year with a quarterback who can hurt you with his legs. It's why we lost to Rutgers this year. The QB keeper was unstoppable.
sstaedtler liked this
By BlueBird
Shai definitely has the legs. His arm isn't the best, but is still really good.

JD up the middle, Shai with the keeper, or a toss to Kennedy? All very legitimate threats. 8)
By LU 57
BlueBird wrote: December 20th, 2019, 3:32 pm Shai definitely has the legs. His arm isn't the best, but is still really good.

JD up the middle, Shai with the keeper, or a toss to Kennedy? All very legitimate threats. 8)
I personally love watching a well run TO, particularly watching it give fits to top programs. It is truly an equalizer. The couple of somewhat recent times that Navy took down ND, or when Army took top 5 Oklahoma to the wire stand out as really entertaining games. I was so disappointed that Army let Harbaugh get out of their game with a win this year.

That said, as a fan of the Hokies (grad school and current parent), I hated watching Paul Johnson give Bud Foster heartburn over the years.

In that sense I am really nervous about tomorrow. Here is hoping for some really strong complementary football from HCHF and team tomorrow. As much as I like quick scores we are going to need to extend drives to keep our D off the field as much as possible. I know the coaches will have a strong plan. I hope our guys can get it done.
BlueBird, sstaedtler, Purple Haize and 2 others liked this
By BlueBird
LU 57 wrote: December 20th, 2019, 3:56 pm
BlueBird wrote: December 20th, 2019, 3:32 pm Shai definitely has the legs. His arm isn't the best, but is still really good.

I personally love watching a well run TO, particularly watching it give fits to top programs. It is truly an equalizer. The couple of somewhat recent times that Navy took down ND, or when Army took top 5 Oklahoma to the wire stand out as really entertaining games. I was so disappointed that Army let Harbaugh get out of their game with a win this year.

That said, as a fan of the Hokies (grad school and current parent), I hated watching Paul Johnson give Bud Foster heartburn over the years.

In that sense I am really nervous about tomorrow. Here is hoping for some really strong complementary football from HCHF and team tomorrow. As much as I like quick scores we are going to need to extend drives to keep our D off the field as much as possible. I know the coaches will have a strong plan. I hope our guys can get it done.
PJ was an option mastermind! I don't think there will ever be another coach who could run that option as well as he could.

It's hard to describe our offense sometime. Because it's not quite the true triple option you're used to seeing under PJ. There's not a lot of under center. Run mostly from the pistol/gun. It's option football at the core, but the different formations that can be run is crazy.

The "Bobsled" formation we run sometimes is crazy to see. The two backs line up directly in-line behind the QB. And then from that they can motion out to any number of different formations. Don't quote me, but I want to say I heard a stat that no play out of the Bobsled has gone for less than 6 yards this year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The only offense I like is the " spread". Colleges that use TO remind me of high schools that run wing T or single wing offense, or some other run based offense. Now I realize all of these are somewhat different , but they are all based on running ball 40 times a game with very little passing.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ElmersTwin wrote: December 9th, 2019, 5:35 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: December 9th, 2019, 1:20 pm
thepostman wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:55 pm There are events throughout the week that include the band, so I'd imagine they'll be there.
I’m fairly certain there's a battle of the bands too.
As long as Kerr remains in charge the battle of the bands won't be much of a battle at all...
Anybody down there go to the Pep rally? How did the band do in light of the above comment?
By BlueBird
Sorry if this post looks terrible from me trying to embed the tweet below. I can't work forums on my phone very well. Lol

I almost forgot to let y'all in on a little treat!

One of our newest traditions is having the GSU ROTC Eagle Battalion, working with the Ga National Guard, fire a howitzer cannon after touchdowns. They're bringing the cannon to Exploria!

Granted, they are not allowed to fire the cannon, but it is still awesome to see.

They loaded it up in a C-130 yesterday and flew down. Which brings me to my next thing!

That same C-130 will be doing a fly over of Exploria during pre-game. So if you're in the stadium, it is a sure to behold. They've done it a couple times in Statesboro.

I don't know if you'll be able to see the videos on this link or not. I could only find them on Facebook. But it's awesome!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/134985756 ... 0117869379

https://m.facebook.com/groups/134985756 ... 4351300289
LU 57 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 20th, 2019, 11:53 am I despise the TO...
I have never understood this comment
Bluebird, Ballcoach gets that a lot.

I just had breakfast in the Downtown Marriott at 7:00. I think you Georgia Southern fans were sleeping in. You all were probably up too late last night partying! 8)
LU 57 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BlueBird wrote: December 21st, 2019, 5:58 am Sorry if this post looks terrible from me trying to embed the tweet below. I can't work forums on my phone very well. Lol

I almost forgot to let y'all in on a little treat!

One of our newest traditions is having the GSU ROTC Eagle Battalion, working with the Ga National Guard, fire a howitzer cannon after touchdowns. They're bringing the cannon to Exploria!

Granted, they are not allowed to fire the cannon, but it is still awesome to see.

They loaded it up in a C-130 yesterday and flew down. Which brings me to my next thing!

That same C-130 will be doing a fly over of Exploria during pre-game. So if you're in the stadium, it is a sure to behold. They've done it a couple times in Statesboro.

I don't know if you'll be able to see the videos on this link or not. I could only find them on Facebook. But it's awesome!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/134985756 ... 0117869379

https://m.facebook.com/groups/134985756 ... 4351300289
Even if they are allowed to fire it, it’s too bad they wouldn’t have the chance. You guys are going DOWN!!

ITS GAMEDAY BABY!!!!!!!!
LU 57 liked this
By BlueBird
JK37 wrote: December 21st, 2019, 8:50 am Even if they are allowed to fire it, it’s too bad they wouldn’t have the chance. You guys are going DOWN!!

ITS GAMEDAY BABY!!!!!!!!
Oh, the gloves come off on game day I see!

Nah they probably couldn't get their requisition request approved for the amount of charges they'd need with as many times as we'll be in your end zone. 8)
LU 57 liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]