Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
BigRed1 wrote: November 30th, 2019, 6:46 pm I just wanted to express my thoughts on this board this year. I always liked coming here to keep up with everything Flames, but as of late its been kind of a dud. I’m sure the pay to play blog has something to do with it. If the blog is the only way to get info anymore, then this board is kind of a waste of time.
Our basketball team is the best it’s ever been and there hasn’t been a home football game in six weeks before today. You could’ve predicted the lack of interest/discussion during this time before the season started.
By chris leedlelee
BJWilliams wrote: November 30th, 2019, 6:41 pm If an invitation is extended (which from what I heard from AY really can't be on the record tonight), nothing is official until next Sunday night so I wouldn't read a ton into his being here
The bowl representative really just came because he wanted to cheer on the Flames and enjoy the sights and sounds of Lynchburg.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
AY said he was heading to the locker room to congratulate Liberty as well.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BigRed1 wrote: November 30th, 2019, 6:46 pm I just wanted to express my thoughts on this board this year. I always liked coming here to keep up with everything Flames, but as of late its been kind of a dud. I’m sure the pay to play blog has something to do with it. If the blog is the only way to get info anymore, then this board is kind of a waste of time.
It is Thanskgkving week and there was a huge dip in web traffic but this season there has been an influx of new members and we have seen record traffic. FBS has done wonders for ASOR as a whole.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A board is only as good as its posters. We’d love to hear more from you
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Coach Gill was out on the field after the game to congratulate the guys. He has always been a class act, just not a very good HC. Hope nothing but the best for him.
By rtb72
oldflame wrote: November 30th, 2019, 6:24 pm 18,664 is the announced attendance. That is IMPRESSIVE with the students on break.
They must have been hiding in the bathrooms because there here not that many visible in the stadium. Nevertheless....the fans that were there stayed for nearly the entire game.
By rtb72
tyndal23 wrote: November 30th, 2019, 7:24 pm Fun game to watch, so happy for Frankie.
He had an amazing game. I was happy for him and his family. I had the pleasure of talking to his dad for a bit and the pride he showed in Frankie was a beautiful thing....and well deserved.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 12:16 am
oldflame wrote: November 30th, 2019, 6:24 pm 18,664 is the announced attendance. That is IMPRESSIVE with the students on break.
They must have been hiding in the bathrooms because there here not that many visible in the stadium. Nevertheless....the fans that were there stayed for nearly the entire game.
Apparently that was how many tickets were sold.
By Jonathan Carone
rtb72 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 12:20 am
tyndal23 wrote: November 30th, 2019, 7:24 pm Fun game to watch, so happy for Frankie.
He had an amazing game. I was happy for him and his family. I had the pleasure of talking to his dad for a bit and the pride he showed in Frankie was a beautiful thing....and well deserved.
His dad is one of the best men I’ve ever had the opportunity to meet. I was happy for him and Frankie today.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of Frankie, he is 79 yards away from his second straight 1,000 yard rushing season. Back to back 1,000 rushing seasons hasn't been done since Rashad Jennings. That my friends would be a sweet and remarkable ending to his already stellar LU career. He is already 2nd in all-purpose yards in LU history for a RB.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
He gave excellent interview on post game show. Talked about being from Lynchburg and playing for LU.

I wish more local D1 athletes would do this. (In all sports)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 7:11 am He gave excellent interview on post game show. Talked about being from Lynchburg and playing for LU.

I wish more local D1 athletes would do this. (In all sports)
First of all, we have quite a few local players on our football team right now. 9 from the immediate Lynchburg area plus several more from places like Roanoke, Bedford, Danville and Appomattox. As far as more local athletes "doing this" is concerned, I'm sure there are plenty who would like to. We can't give out scholarships based on that and compete at the FBS level. Basketball is even tougher. Not a whole lot of talent in the area, and as selective as Ritchie is in looking for players who not only have talent, but are great fits for the school and team culture, he has to recruit nationwide, but we still have Brendan, Georgie, Elijah and Darius, who all played HS ball in VA, plus several from NC. Next year's incoming class is from all over, and we will probably see more of that as the program rises.
Last edited by olldflame on December 1st, 2019, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now.

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]