Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We should have beat Rutgers and BYU, take away the fumble and missed FG, Syracuse game could have had different outcome. Same goes for interceptions vs UVA.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 9:36 am We should have beat Rutgers and BYU, take away the fumble and missed FG, Syracuse game could have had different outcome. Same goes for interceptions vs UVA.
Right. If we never made a mistake, we might have won them all. :roll:
Probably not UVA though. They kicked our butts.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 11:06 am I believe you are PH's older brother. Both of you are constantly negative.
Au contraire mon frere. I am an extremely positive person who happens to disagree with you on a fairly frequent basis.

Saying you will NEVER say or acknowledge anything good about a team you don't like? Now THAT'S negativity.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
BigRed1 wrote: November 30th, 2019, 6:46 pm I just wanted to express my thoughts on this board this year. I always liked coming here to keep up with everything Flames, but as of late its been kind of a dud. I’m sure the pay to play blog has something to do with it. If the blog is the only way to get info anymore, then this board is kind of a waste of time.
I think it's never been better, however I paid to join the club so maybe my perception is not apples to apples to those who haven't.

The amount of content that is being turned out by Manson is impressive. Keep up the good work!

If you're talking about actual posters being boring, well... Sorry I guess. :lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 1st, 2019, 11:50 am
BigRed1 wrote: November 30th, 2019, 6:46 pm I just wanted to express my thoughts on this board this year. I always liked coming here to keep up with everything Flames, but as of late its been kind of a dud. I’m sure the pay to play blog has something to do with it. If the blog is the only way to get info anymore, then this board is kind of a waste of time.
I think it's never been better, however I paid to join the club so maybe my perception is not apples to apples to those who haven't.

The amount of content that is being turned out by Manson is impressive. Keep up the good work!

If you're talking about actual posters being boring, well... Sorry I guess. :lol:
I held off quite a while before stepping inside the pay portal. I don't regret it. Lot's of good stuff. The primary difference I saw before joining was that there were certain tidbits Jon used to post on the open forum which are now reserved for members. I totally get why. It really has nothing to do with what is going on with forum discussions. Game threads are not as active because of the chat feature, but unless I'm mistaken, that is open to everyone. Let's face it, social media, particularly Twitter, is taking away from the participation in forums like this everywhere.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: December 1st, 2019, 11:46 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 11:06 am I believe you are PH's older brother. Both of you are constantly negative.
Au contraire mon frere. I am an extremely positive person who happens to disagree with you on a fairly frequent basis.

Saying you will NEVER say or acknowledge anything good about a team you don't like? Now THAT'S negativity.
Apparently disagreeing with fraudcoach and his questionable and unreliable sources means you are negative
Being realistic means you’re being negative
But hey.... I AM the Potentate of the Dark Side :evil: :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 30th, 2019, 11:20 pm Coach Gill was out on the field after the game to congratulate the guys. He has always been a class act, just not a very good HC. Hope nothing but the best for him.
Don't know why this just occurred to me, but more likely than not TG will be looking for another job soon. He was at Arkansas because of Texas connections with Chad Morris, who is now gone. Might there have been another reason for his visit besides celebrating bowl eligibility with his former players? There was an almost unanimous consensus here when he retired that it would be great to have him in some role at Liberty. I would love to see it.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 8:36 am
flameshaw wrote: November 30th, 2019, 11:20 pm Coach Gill was out on the field after the game to congratulate the guys. He has always been a class act, just not a very good HC. Hope nothing but the best for him.
Don't know why this just occurred to me, but more likely than not TG will be looking for another job soon. He was at Arkansas because of Texas connections with Chad Morris, who is now gone. Might there have been another reason for his visit besides celebrating bowl eligibility with his former players? There was an almost unanimous consensus here when he retired that it would be great to have him in some role at Liberty. I would love to see it.
I think that may be stretching the blanket, beyond out-of-shape. Not saying that he won't end up at LU again, in some capacity, but he has more class than to use that card. I am sure he came to genuinely congratulate them. It wasn't about him. IMHO.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 8:50 am
oldflame wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 8:36 am
I think that may be stretching the blanket, beyond out-of-shape. Not saying that he won't end up at LU again, in some capacity, but he has more class than to use that card. I am sure he came to genuinely congratulate them. It wasn't about him. IMHO.
Not questioning Turner's motives at all. If something like this were to happen I would expect it to be Liberty who initiates it. Probably straight from the very top.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Great man , but he has a too uptight personality. Example: I have had several individuals tell me that they talked with Coach Freeze more in 3 days upon his arrival, than they did Coach Gill in his total tenure here. Heck, I have talked with Freeze several times.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 9:10 am I have talked with Freeze several times.
And got your picture taken with him and TF (gosh, I wish I knew how to post pics here).
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 30th, 2019, 11:20 pm Coach Gill was out on the field after the game to congratulate the guys.
Love this video of Turner Gill congratulating his former players!

https://www.aseaofred.com/former-libert ... fE6C_IabPk
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 1:07 pm Such a special moment. I'm glad he made the trip up for this special moment.
What special moment? Were we celebrating something? Why? We haven't received a bowl bid yet, we are just eligible. :roll: LOL.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 3:11 pm
thepostman wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 1:07 pm Such a special moment. I'm glad he made the trip up for this special moment.
What special moment? Were we celebrating something? Why? We haven't received a bowl bid yet, we are just eligible. :roll: LOL.
Becoming even bowl eligible in the first year as a full FBS member is pretty impressive regardless if we end up getting an invite or not.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 3:53 pm I heard a player say before the game, "let's win this thing in the first half, then we can make travel arrangements at halftime".
Kind of creepy. Not Sandusky like. Biden like, yes.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 4:19 pm
Becoming even bowl eligible in the first year as a full FBS member is pretty impressive regardless if we end up getting an invite or not.
Totally agree. Evidently not everyone agrees though. :) "First" is something that cannot be taken away. 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 4:19 pm
It’s kinda impressive but nothing to get out the cigars and champagne for. I mean had LU become Bowl eligible 2 games ago on the road would they have done the same thing? Seems like you’re celebrating something that’s nice but not worthy of a ticker tape parade. Win the game then great. Get selected great. “Be Eligible “ meh
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 8:47 pm You guys are sounding like grumpy old men 😁
Nah I’m just negative remember :D

Lookit, I don’t take anything away from winning the games to be Bowl Eligible Being Bowl Eligible is always the Standard in FBS, the the “B”. But it’s not like LU defeated Murderers Row to get to those 7 wins. Be happy if they get selected for a Bowl then be ecstatic if they WIN a Bowl. That’s when you break out the cigars. Not for winning 7 games
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]