Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
One thing that slightly worries me, is in our first game with NMS we only scored 20 points. That was NM State's best defensive effort of the season, if my memory is correct.
By CCWMichael
This is a game we can easily lose. They know us and they play us well.
Keys to the win:

Stop being selfish and play for the team. No stupid celebrations after a score or good play that results in a 15 yard loss. ASU against was a good example with a selfish TD celebration that put ASU in a bad spot but they got lucky. We do that often and that just displays lack of discipline or care for the team. Why do soldiers without sleep in four days and constant fire make decision that are not selfish but team oriented. They have been trained to understand the importance of team. It starts early with if one makes a poor choice all pay the price. I could go on with how military training installs the team concept but that is for another day. All prior service or current should understand this simple concept. Football is not going to war but no different with the team concept and these kids need to understand the value of team over a player hitting you hard and a little late baiting one into a selfish act. There is no need to react if you are thinking of the team. The kids are well rested and the brain needs to be used. That is for this coaching staff to make that a team value. If we loose our cool and give away free yards in this game we can lose the game.

Change techniques. I will use defensive line techniques as an example here. This team knows you. If you are a simple bull rush guy or use grab your opponent knows this and will be ready for you. Set them up with that move but be ready to breakout a rip inside or a counter club to break your tendencies and gain advantage. this is the fourth time they have seen our boys in one year and we better be ready to break tendencies in many ways. this will give us a edge to win.

We can easily win this but we can just as easily lose this game with poor personal preparation.
By tyndal23
They are good in space and can score quick. They have the talent to have a much better record but not the discipline - perfect type team to thrive on ruining someone’s bowl bid - they are coming in off a win with nothing to lose - if LU come out tight and conservative - could be a disaster. But - we have a lot of seniors and good staff - should be a solid win
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: November 30th, 2019, 11:26 am I'm not a fan of the blue pants/red jersey combination.
Military Appreciation Day = red, white, and blue uniforms. :usa

I'm wondering if Ballcoach will show up for his Williams Stadium security detail in his full class A Army uniform. :oldhag
2024 Recruiting Discussion

UVA playing against a mid-pack MEAC team is their […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]