Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Logo.png
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA
📺: ACC Network+ (on ESPN+ if you subscribe to ACC Network)
📻: LFSN Radio Network

Scott Stadium
Scott_Stadium_Aerial_2.jpg
UVA Football Official Site

UVA Football Board/Fan Site

2019 Record

Overall................................ 7-3
Conference Record.............. 5-2
Home Record...................... 5-0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By sstaedtler
The game should be tailor made for an upset for a variety of reasons.

1. Virginia is looking ahead to Virginia Tech. They are hoping to get a big lead and rest their starters since ACC title is on the line next week vs. archival. Classic trap game.

2. A number of Virginia secondary people are out for the game, which matches against Liberty's strength, their passing game.
3. While Virginia has a line of scrimmage advantage, they are the worst rushing team in rating in the ACC. Since rush defense is our weakness.
By Class of 20Something
sstaedtler wrote: November 18th, 2019, 1:49 am The game should be tailor made for an upset for a variety of reasons.

1. Virginia is looking ahead to Virginia Tech. They are hoping to get a big lead and rest their starters since ACC title is on the line next week vs. archival. Classic trap game.

2. A number of Virginia secondary people are out for the game, which matches against Liberty's strength, their passing game.
3. While Virginia has a line of scrimmage advantage, they are the worst rushing team in rating in the ACC. Since rush defense is our weakness.
Note for all! This is what wonderful, stats driven opinions look like! 54 posts on ASoR and @sstaedtler has it figured out. This is educational and makes me so happy!

I was unaware UVa's rushing attack was so poor.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Boo Hoos will be looking ahead to VT game. Boo Hoos struggled to beat ODU and Georgia Tech, 2 of the worst teams in college football. If our defense is at or close to full strength, we can win. That should be key to the game. Perkins needs to be "hit" on every play.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I hope that video uva athletics feed tweeted out finds its way to the locker room. Straight up overlooking our game for vt. Real slap in the face and they are getting roasted by chokie fans liberty fans and their own in the replies.

Thats bulletin board material. I listened to mendenhalls press conference. Guarantee when he sees that video he will be ticked.
Last edited by jinxy on November 18th, 2019, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The boo hoos in reality, scheduled Liberty after a bye week, in hopes of being well rested for VT game. I hope they lose to LU and VT. They are thinking if they reach ACC championship game, and get blown out by Clemson, they will go to Orange Bowl. If Boo hoos make ACC championship game, the ACC will be watered down even more than it already is. UVA in Orznge Bowl would be a joke.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: November 21st, 2019, 6:09 pm Which team will a wet field favor ?
I think this clearly gives Virginia an edge. Physicality and run games thrive in weather. UVA has the advantage. We can't stop running QBs anyway, so I'm not sure the weather changed their game plan. I wouldn't be surprised if AGG has a day anyway. We have seen how strong his hands really are. If Buckshot can still spin it while wet, our duo could keep us in the game despite the weather.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]