Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

thepostman wrote: November 17th, 2019, 7:13 am First, welcome to the board! Happy to have you!

Secondly, and most important, I am not a Baptist! I grew up going to independent, fundamental Baptist churches so I am all too familiar with their way of thinking. I don't go to a Baptist Church now and I can't imagine that ever changing.

Thank you for your perspective. It is appreciated. I hope you stick around.
My mistake. I see what you were originally saying now. I shall no longer perceive you as Baptist. :)
thepostman wrote: November 17th, 2019, 5:17 pm And @Cider Jim calls himself a quiz bowl coach! I am embarrassed!!
I’m embarrassed for him as well. Then his attempts to regain the Quiz Bowl higher ground. Sad. Just sad. Do better Jimmy :D
If BYU's Quiz Bowl team would ever want to meet up in Dallas... Study
Cider Jim wrote: November 17th, 2019, 10:25 pm If BYU's Quiz Bowl team would ever want to meet up in Dallas... Study
thepostman wrote: November 16th, 2019, 12:49 pm I am sure if the Baptists said what they really thought of the Mormon church then it would be easy to manufacture a rivalry but I don't see that happening. We need as many friends as we can get!
The Mormons are well aware of what the Baptists really think of them . . . :)

Actually, I think that kind of stuff mostly was put on the back burner after the 80s and 90s. Sure, there are fundamental theological differences, but I think the biggest concern for both churches today (and other branches of Christianity as well) is the effect of secularism and atheism/agnosticism on its members (particularly the youth). In the 80s and 90s, Mormonism seemed to be DEFCON 5 for the SBC, but I don't think we Mormons live rent-free in their heads today. At least not as much. :wink:

To develop into a real rivalry would require them playing **a lot** more, and in other sports as well. There is simply no history there.

I do hope that Liberty can continue to climb the ranks to national prominence. As I've said before, I would love to see the heads explode for those who consider both BYU and Liberty to be knuckle-dragging, uni-browed Neanderthals.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

It’s the common conversation on here. Trash[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]