Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By sstaedtler
I actually see us having a better chance vs. Virginia. They struggled with Old Dominion at home for a while and their QB while very athletic and talented, does have some inconsistency throwing the ball. They have't been blowing people out and they played a much weaker schedule than BYU.

BYU is large and physical and their offense seems complex to prepare for. All their QB's are good. I just can't see Liberty winning this game as BYU has hit their stride the last 2 weeks. 41-24 BYU.
By chris leedlelee
sstaedtler wrote: November 7th, 2019, 4:12 pm I actually see us having a better chance vs. Virginia. They struggled with Old Dominion at home for a while and their QB while very athletic and talented, does have some inconsistency throwing the ball. They have't been blowing people out and they played a much weaker schedule than BYU.

BYU is large and physical and their offense seems complex to prepare for. All their QB's are good. I just can't see Liberty winning this game as BYU has hit their stride the last 2 weeks. 41-24 BYU.
Solid analysis here. Liberty matches up far better with spread heavy ACC teams than teams with more traditional offenses, at least on defense. See how well our defense matched up vs Syracuse and vs Rutgers. Syracuse clearly has far more talent than Rutgers, yet LU was able to stay in the game against a more talented Syracuse team. When we matched up against a less talented yet more traditional offense in Rutgers, our team was overpowered. Hugh Freeze seems to see this and has since recruited heaviliy in the trenches and for linebackers. I believe this is remnants of the Turner Gill era defense.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]