Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Will this be LU's first football game ever on national television?
Saturdays high is 60 and the low is in the 30s. It is going to be a beautiful evening from a "out-west" point of views. If you are coming to the game I highly recommend wearing more clothes than you think as you can always take some off. I would also bring a blanket if you are cold natured person.
By tyndal23
Happy for Buckshot - been playing well - hope he can maintain with better competition. Footwork much better ( with occasional lapse ) if he can keep from getting happy feet after a sack or early pressure - will be all the difference if we are in next two games or not.
A couple of stats to consider heading into this game:

BYU is 4-0 when they get two INT's a game. In their 4 wins they have 8 picks.

BYU is 0-4 when the they get 1 INT or less a game. In their 4 losses they have 3 picks.

Buckshot has had a remarkable transformation in taking care of the ball and I see no difference in this game.

BYU has had a problem with their run defense so far this year as they have given up 206 yards per game and 4.7 yards per rush. They also give up a total of 420 yards of offense per game as well.
By chris leedlelee
A Sea of Red wrote: November 7th, 2019, 9:22 am Crash Course: Brigham Young Cougars

https://www.aseaofred.com/crash-course- ... g-cougars/
Will certainly be a tough game. Probably the toughest of the year if you consider how Syracuse is looking now vs how BYU is looking. I will say that I believe our team has grown since then (at least on the offensive side).
By tyndal23
Great interviews with Ian and Manson on their ESPN radio show - interviewer was recruited by LU but ended up playing for BYU - really a big fan and painted LU in a great light and very much wants to see this turn in to an annual rivalry.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]