Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
I swear every time I watch BYU it is a different and very good QB. Romney beats Boise - then they start a little badass who runs all over every one but apparently dinged last TD of half - Romney takes over 2nd half. Throws darts but I think matchup wise (running qb vs more pocket passer ) I prefer to play against Romney. We are in for a long night I am afraid - hope I am wrong

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Our first season at FBS, they better enjoy it, change is coming.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 12:24 am I swear every time I watch BYU it is a different and very good QB. Romney beats Boise - then they start a little badass who runs all over every one but apparently dinged last TD of half - Romney takes over 2nd half. Throws darts but I think matchup wise (running qb vs more pocket passer ) I prefer to play against Romney. We are in for a long night I am afraid - hope I am wrong.
That "little" badass, Jaren Hall, is 6'1" 205. He is a really impressive dual threat QB, and while Romney is a good enough passer to make me eat my words, given the choice, I'd rather play against him too.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No matter who QB is we need to get pressure on him and not let him run
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I believe the very best we can hope for in this game and UVA, is a moral victory. Hope I am wrong and we pull off a Yuuuuuuuuge upset, but just don't see it in the cards.
At least we won't have to worry about trying to go for it on 4th down, in our own territory. 8)
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Great coaches and motivators will always give their teams a fighters chance and that is exactly what HCHF is. I am not saying we will win, but I am saying that we have a legit shot. Utah State turned it over 5 times!!! We won't do that. If we turn the ball over 1 time or less and we cause atleast 2 turnovers (which BYU tends to do) then keep any eye on this one.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I will be disappointed if we lose to BYU. I will be very disappointed if we lose to the Boo Hoos.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
If the option kid is healthy thats a guaranteed 40 plus against our d.

Uva is all perkins on offense. Sometimes he tries to do too much and the ball is frequently exposed for turnovers but we will have a tough time containing those scrambles and designed runs. I havent seen many defenses get him down even with immense pressure for tfls. Thats where the bulks of uvas explosive plays have come from.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 9:24 am No matter who QB is we need to get pressure on him and not let him run
When is the strategy ever to not get pressure on the QB and to let the QB run?

I’m not sure you ever really coached at all. You give that great term an irreverent appeal.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 11:42 am I will be disappointed if we lose to BYU. I will be very disappointed if we lose to the Boo Hoos.
You’ll be disappointed only for two reasons:
1) You expect a victory, and/or
2) You cheaply lack respect for what UVA has accomplished and the program turnaround under which they are currently going.

If the former, you are doing so with absolutely no evidence or logical reason for such an expectation.

If the latter, I’m shocked. Because a real coach NEVER disrespects or takes their opponent lightly.

I see no evidence in your behavior that you ever really coached at all.
Last edited by JK37 on November 3rd, 2019, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 1:50 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 9:24 am No matter who QB is we need to get pressure on him and not let him run
When is the strategy ever to not get pressure on the QB and to let the QB run?

I’m not sure you ever really coached at all. You give that great term an irreverent appeal.
Thus #fraudcoach
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When it comes to UVA football, there is not a person in the world who dislikes a team as much as I dislike the Boo Hoos. I have zero respect for them.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 3:16 pm When it comes to UVA football, there is not a person in the world who dislikes a team as much as I dislike the Boo Hoos. I have zero respect for them.
Spoken like a fan. Not a coach.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 3:16 pm When it comes to UVA football, there is not a person in the world who dislikes a team as much as I dislike the Boo Hoos. I have zero respect for them.
When it comes to UVa football, Ballcoach hates them so much that we won't even buy a ticket to watch LU play them; I'm not even sure if he would go if he were given a FREE ticket.
:oldhag :nono
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Free tickets is what the ol' ballcoach lives for so I wouldn't be so sure.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
More than you dislike Tennessee?
By Rubicon
It will almost certainly be Baylor Romney. Jaren Hall is a phenomenal athlete (his dad was one of BYU's best running backs), but with a concussion, I don't think he'll be able to go Saturday. Zach Wilson had surgery on his hand and is probably out for the year. Romney, as a walk-on, has been a really good surprise (I think he's the best gamer of all of them). Backup will be Joe Critchlow, who has experience starting but didn't do anything to write home about.

I'm excited to see if we're able to contain Liberty's offense at all, or if it becomes a pinball game scoreboard scoring fest.

Weather appears to be pretty nice, although it will get cold at night.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: November 4th, 2019, 5:47 pm
Yes, by a point. My most disliked teams in no certain order:

UVA, Tennessee, ohio state, all PAC 12 teams, Oklahoma, All Big 10 teams, except Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas, Louisville.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 4th, 2019, 7:24 pm

UVA, Tennessee, ohio state, all PAC 12 teams, Oklahoma, All Big 10 teams, except Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas, Louisville.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

When did Texas Notre Dame and Louisville join the B1G :dontgetit
By Rubicon
Several reasons for optimism for Liberty (including Romney, the probable starter, has a sore foot and the two above him on the depth chart are probable no's):

https://www.deseret.com/2019/11/4/20947 ... lor-romney

I expect Romney to get the nod, with Critchlow in relief, if needed. Let Hall fully recover from a concussion, and let Wilson fully recover from thumb surgery.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 5th, 2019, 1:36 pm

When did Texas Notre Dame and Louisville join the B1G :dontgetit
Comma placement matters:
    UVA, Tennessee, ohio state, all PAC 12 teams, Oklahoma, All Big 10 teams except Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas, Louisville

There - all fixed!
    By ballcoach15
    Registration Days Posts
    I was in a rush typing, thus missed out on comma(s). But most sports fans can comprehend original post.
    By rmiller1959
    Registration Days Posts
    ballcoach15 wrote: November 5th, 2019, 4:25 pm I was in a rush typing, thus missed out on comma(s). But most sports fans can comprehend original post.
    Would love to know your reasons for disliking each of the teams if you had time.
    By Purple Haize
    Registration Days Posts
    ballcoach15 wrote: November 5th, 2019, 4:25 pm I was in a rush typing, thus missed out on comma(s). But most sports fans can comprehend original post.
    True but you’ve proven time and again your knowledge is quite suspect
    UTEP

Liberty takes game 1, 9-6. 12 hits, but 4 errors.

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]