Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 5:57 pm
Dalegarz1 wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 1:49 pm First time I'm listening to the game on radio. Extremely frustrating! I'm sorry, but our play by play announcer is out of touch with what the listeners need and when they need it. For example, UMass had a fourth and one and was going for it. He told us there was a hand off and then proceeded to give the season stats on how much yardage he had gained and then told us who made the tackle. Only then did we find out he had made the first down. This happened time and time again! I hate to complain but, truth be told, somebody needs to teach him soma basic pointers.
Maybe he grew up listening to Vin Sculley...
I almost said the same thing, but even Vinny wasn't that detached, even at 120 years old. :) Farmer John, Eastern most in quality, Western most in flavor. :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 6:14 am
chris leedlelee wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 10:00 pm All I can say is, we have three more games, and only need to win one for bowl eligibility. WE DID IT BOYS.
What did we do?
Prematurely celebrate?
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Statistically speaking, we have a 90% chance of becoming bowl eligible (based on FPI).

Being that we've never been bowl eligible I think for most of us it feels more like 60% or so.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 10:58 am Before anyone gets excited, wait until we receive a bowl invitation.
I’m with you here. What good is any talk of bowl eligibility if an invitation never comes?

“Yay, I can go to the dance! But no one invited me.”
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 3:21 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 2:55 pm The way ONE acted, we received invitation yesterday.
Fixed that for you...
#fraudcoach with a #fraudpost :lol: :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 5:36 pm Did did secure another season without a losing record. How many in a row?
Ken Karcher called. He doesn't want to talk about it.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 3:21 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 2:55 pm The way ONE acted, we received invitation yesterday.
Fixed that for you...
Did you listen to post game show on radio. I can't recall who, but someone was talking about bowl tickets, saying it was important to buy them through the school.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
No I didn't listen to that but you made zero reference to it so it appeared to me you were only speaking about this board. It is easy to back peddle like you often do and talk about it now. Next time fully articulate your post. Just a thought.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It doesnt appear the p5s will fill all theirs which will allow some g5s to move up to fill those slots. Assuming we can get 1 of these last 3 i think our chances are infinitely better than last year when we were flirting with eligibility.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw on Sea of Red Facebook page that we are projected for several bowls. Cure, Belk, Birmingham, and a couple in Texas. Can't recall them all, but those projections had some good matchups.

I think UVA will go back to Belk Bowl. That's only bowl their fans will travel to
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 10:26 am Statistically speaking, we have a 90% chance of becoming bowl eligible (based on FPI).

Being that we've never been bowl eligible I think for most of us it feels more like 60% or so.
No freakin way 90% is realistic.

In fact I have a sneaking suspicion that loss @ Rutgers is really going to come back to bite us in the a$$. Maybe it’s the Philly pessimist in me

Really a shame we couldn’t capitalize on their problems this year
By chris leedlelee
Kricket wrote: November 4th, 2019, 12:14 am Yes, agreed. At the same time, if we don't beat a winless NM State team do we really deserve to be in a bowl game?
Tbh, if we can't beat NM State with bowl eligibility on the line, we really don't deserve to be bowl eligible. I believe we should be able to pull out the win against them at home though! :pbjtime
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
With all we have between now and then, I simply hope LU is healthy enough to not get into the fourth quarter still close. That’s a recipe for typical Liberty-ing.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 5:49 pm
TH Spangler wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 5:36 pm Did did secure another season without a losing record. How many in a row?
Ken Karcher called. He doesn't want to talk about it.
Neither do I. His last season, football coverage for The Champion had to be rotated around the sports reporters.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]