Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 28th, 2019, 7:49 am
TH Spangler wrote: October 28th, 2019, 6:10 am
tyndal23 wrote: October 27th, 2019, 11:32 pm Hmmmm. I wonder what path we could take as an Independent to separate us from App State...
:dontgetit Maybe hire the best coaches. Build the best facilities. Gradually schedule more P5 games than App. Ink a bunch of bowl tie-ins. Get basketball and baseball into postseason tournaments. Create a top notch sports network.
Scheduling P5’s and beating P5’s are two different things
Gradually add
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: October 27th, 2019, 11:32 pm Hmmmm. I wonder what path we could take as an Independent to separate us from App State...
You act like you have this secret that no one has ever thought of, that no one has ever tried, like you are the Wizard of Oz. If it were that easy, others would have done it before us.
By LUDad
A little late to the party. Just listened to new conference. Seems RU made a use of an extra lineman at various times. Add to that the additional blocker for QB runs, I can see why we couldn't get them off the field. Did anyone else think the hit on the fumble could have been a missed targeting call? Woulda, should coulda, but all in all, it was stll a lost to a p5.
By LUOrange
LUDad wrote: October 28th, 2019, 8:53 pm A little late to the party. Just listened to new conference. Seems RU made a use of an extra lineman at various times. Add to that the additional blocker for QB runs, I can see why we couldn't get them off the field. Did anyone else think the hit on the fumble could have been a missed targeting call? Woulda, should coulda, but all in all, it was stll a lost to a p5.
The ref's also didn't call an obvious PI on AGG on third down that led to the last FG. They followed that blindness up with anoffsides and personal foul calls on onside kick that never happened. As bad as the refs were in the 4Q though, if the D could've stopped Rutgers once or twice or at least have held them to some more FG's earlier on we probably wouldn't have needed better refs.
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: October 27th, 2019, 7:07 pm Apply State has probably peaked.
I hope that is 'tongue-and-cheek'....because I really don't think it's reality. They are easily competing with NC ACC schools for recruits. They have a strong presence in the piedmont with several strong football programs and that is growing. They are quickly becoming a team that garners respect and admiration, and have enjoyed growing national attention since the Michigan game. IMHO, there is nothing that demonstrates they have reached their pinnacle.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
They have most likely peaked unless they get added as a p5. What else can they do? Maybe ucf or boise.

Freeze explained the gap perfect last week.
By rtb72
thepostman wrote: October 27th, 2019, 9:39 pm Yeah, it's pretty impressive. I'm not sure how they do it.
Winning. Not trying to sound snarky....but that really is it. They play tough competition with heart and are aggressive and competitive in EVERY GAME. Over the years, that motivation and arrogance (I mean that in a positive way) has become a reputation that people want to be a part of, both recruits and fans. Plus....they are the small mountain college up in the sticks. It's a Cinderella story in the making really....

Also, the games are fun and game days essentially envelope the whole town.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 28th, 2019, 10:58 pm Also, the games are fun and game days essentially envelope the whole town.
That's exactly what game days used to be like in Huntington when Marshall had home games.
By rtb72
jinxy wrote: October 28th, 2019, 10:50 pm They have most likely peaked unless they get added as a p5. What else can they do? Maybe ucf or boise.

Similar to a UCF or Boise wouldn't be so bad. Just because they aren't presently in a P5, doesn't mean they've peaked. Their program really is still growing by comparison. I do think they are too good for the Sunbelt, and a move would serve them well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 28th, 2019, 11:13 pm
jinxy wrote: October 28th, 2019, 10:50 pm They have most likely peaked unless they get added as a p5. What else can they do? Maybe ucf or boise.

Similar to a UCF or Boise wouldn't be so bad. Just because they aren't presently in a P5, doesn't mean they've peaked. Their program really is still growing by comparison. I do think they are too good for the Sunbelt, and a move would serve them well.
They seem to be a one sport school though.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 28th, 2019, 10:42 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 27th, 2019, 7:07 pm Apply State has probably peaked.
I hope that is 'tongue-and-cheek'....because I really don't think it's reality. They are easily competing with NC ACC schools for recruits. They have a strong presence in the piedmont with several strong football programs and that is growing. They are quickly becoming a team that garners respect and admiration, and have enjoyed growing national attention since the Michigan game. IMHO, there is nothing that demonstrates they have reached their pinnacle.
Consider the source
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Did Big Ten ever issue a statement (ala apology) for the horrible offsides call on our onside kick? I doubt it but just curious.
By LU 57
Rutgers playing like a different team under Campanile. Giving Illinois all they want in the first half. 10-7 Illinois.

Their D is looking especially strong.
By LU 57
LU 57 wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 4:34 pm Rutgers playing like a different team under Campanile. Giving Illinois all they want in the first half. 10-7 Illinois.

This did not age well. 38-10 final. :lol:
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 6:38 pm
LU 57 wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 4:34 pm Rutgers playing like a different team under Campanile. Giving Illinois all they want in the first half. 10-7 Illinois.

This did not age well. 38-10 final. :lol:
Ill returned a fumble and INT for TDs. They game planned for the RU QB run plays well.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]