Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Liberty - 27
Rutgers -21

Attendance - Less than 25k
Bold Predictions - Liberty gets 4+ sacks, AGG gets multiple TDs, and Rutgers has a play go 60+ yards.
By CCWMichael
I want to go with Rutgers in a close one ..... but I like Kool Aid.

We miss a field goal and give up two big plays.

LU 34
State University of New Jersey 33

We rush for 140
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
If we lose then our program is further behind than I expected. Especially if we give up more then 17 points with their current QB. Rutgers is a mess.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We haven't been consistent enough for me to have faith we can win consistently on the road. Even if we are more talented right now. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed
By Dalegarz1
Rutgers defensive line may not allow the time for Buckshot to throw deep balls. I see a lot of short passes to slot receivers and backs. Their offense has been woeful, but they will try to run the ball.

LU 23
RU 21

BTW- I was told by a Rutgers season ticket holder that the stadium will be "empty" and once inside, you can sit wherever you'd like.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 9:20 pm We haven't been consistent enough for me to have faith we can win consistently on the road. Even if we are more talented right now. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed
While this is true they have a BAD QB and we should know if you have a bad QB you won’t win games. Our run defense has significantly improved so I don’t see them having that much success running the football.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 8:44 pm If we lose then our program is further behind than I expected. Especially if we give up more then 17 points with their current QB. Rutgers is a mess.
Yes, Rutgers is having an awful year.
Yes, I think we can beat them. You can argue we SHOULD beat them.................... however.

This game matches the oldest football program in FBS with the newest.
The fact that we are favored is IMHO irrelevant.
I would not consider a loss an upset.

Are we behind P5 teams in talent level? Witness last years Auburn game. I think we've taken great strides, but we still have a lot of FCS players on the roster. Rutgers does not. Their QB is a FR, and has struggled being thrust in the gap against P5 competition, but he put up huge numbers and won state championships in HS, and if he were on our roster, he would almost certainly be Buckshot's backup.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
The question, for me, is do our players listen to the Rat Poison, or do they take the game on as the biggest challenge faced yet this season.

Rutgers 28
Liberty 21
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I have a feeling we are going to see some wrinkles in our offense over the next 4 weeks that have not been shown on tape yet. Not sure how much of that will be shown this week yet, probably depends on how the game is shaping up. I definitely think we will see more creative plays these next few weeks though.
By PAFlame
Liberty- 31
Rutgers- 13

It has been stated upthread, but if we lose this game, then this program is still incredibly far away where it needs to be to be a competitive FBS program. Yes, us losing this game is a possibility, but it also would be an upset and certainly a black mark. Need to win this.
By rtb72
This one is a tough call, IMHO. If we show up hitting on all cylinders, I have no doubt we win. If not....

I think it'll be a fun game to watch. Wish I could be there.

LU 30
RU 28
By LibertyD
Wow. We have more people predicting an LU loss on this forum than on the Rutgers forum! LOL! If this helps you, RU key offensive players, including RB Blackshear may not play this game due to redshirt rule! I got LU to win regardless. Go LU!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
LibertyD wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 11:02 pm Wow. We have more people predicting an LU loss on this forum than on the Rutgers forum!
I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. I think we are headed in the right direction. I think we can win any game on the schedule this year. I think we might be able to beat Syracuse in a rematch. We have not been consistent though.

I did appreciate some of the comments I read from the players. Having the attitude "we can win" is very different than "we will win."
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]