Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Way to be on Top it skippy
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Only live game I will make this year.

Band was sharp and impressive. Played for us tailgating in yellow lot. Didn’t realize they did that. Played Country Roads among state-song medley at halftime. A+

From my vantage point, lower level of Baptist side seemed pretty full. But I know that can be deceiving. Couldn’t see upper deck. Student side never got full. Crowd noise was never loud.

Game was kind of a downer after first quarter. AGG is a man among boys. Big, strong, very handsy, just not explosive. Could he morph into a receiving TE at next level?

Buckshot short-arms deep balls. Kept under-throwing on deep routes. Might’ve also been holding too long and deciding too late to throw. He’s alright. Was most impressed with his throws out to the field side and boundary.

Asked for hot chocolate at concessions and got back to my seat to find coffee. What the...?

Fireworks after were very good. Surprisingly so.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Noticed Lemonier and Lewis were never on the field at the same time last night. I look for that to change next week.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I stopped watching late in the 3rd (ish) I think we were up 52-17

wtf happened in the 4th? expected we would wear down a FCS team and never thought theyd score more than 17 pts

this team is so inconsistent
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We are Liberty and have terrible habits. We have shown signs of breaking those bad habits but still have a long ways to go.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 20th, 2019, 9:41 am .
Asked for hot chocolate at concessions and got back to my seat to find coffee. What the...?
I dropped 4 bucks at DD for a cup of hot chocolate. When I got back to my seat, I noticed that it was really only 2/3s full. Really?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Living in the DMV region has taught me to never trust people will get your order right. Looks like the same can be said about Williams Stadium. Haha
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Serious question, why do we create postmortem threads? We always do and they get like 8-12 posts. Why not just keep it in the game thread? Genuinely curious. I am fine with it but I just kind of wondered haha
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Concessions seemed off this week, more so than most weeks this year.

And yeah, I never get coffee or hot chocolate at the DD there. Getting 2/3rds of the cup full is the standard for $4, which is ridiculous considering its only a 12oz cup anyway. I often get much more and better quality hot chocolate at high school football games for $1.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: October 20th, 2019, 3:57 pm Serious question, why do we create postmortem threads? We always do and they get like 8-12 posts. Why not just keep it in the game thread? Genuinely curious. I am fine with it but I just kind of wondered haha
I was going to try to come up with some elaborate reason as to why we do it but I couldn't do it.

It is just a way to keep pre game (preview threads), game day(game threads) and post game (postmortem) threads separate and more focused.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Don't lump me in with Baptists please! But you're not wrong. Anything changes around here and the hell gates flood open just like any good Baptist Church. 😁
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I recall when postmortem page would generate a lot of posts.

I have no idea what happened to most posters.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Over the years they slowly stopped posting but the past year we have seen an increase in new members which is real encouraging. Hopefully it continues.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
[/u]
ballcoach15 wrote: October 21st, 2019, 1:07 am I recall when postmortem page would generate a lot of posts.
Didn't the game thread get locked at the end of the game in the past, as well?
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I’m all for keeping things the same but I would not be opposed to having a pregame thread and then just leaving all game and postgame comments under the game thread either. If we were voting on it, I’d say two threads instead of three :)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I tend to agree but if a postmortem thread isn't started ballcoach and PH complain and they're pretty insufferable. 😂
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't recall complaining about a postmortem thread or lack of. I have hard time spelling postmortem.
By CCWMichael
I hate to even comment. I know many players sat the second half as we were tearing them up but, OUR SECONDARY!
Freeze is some sort of genius because I believe he laid off here big time and we will show big at NJ State University. :lol: :lol:
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]