Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We must not be watching the same maine team. They are 2 and 3 and yes they played up to georgia southern but ive watched bits of 2 of their games. I actually think we have very little trouble with them. Mack and AGG can out athlete their defense and i dont see any individual talents on their offense that put fear in me. Add in a big homecoming crowd and 2 weeks to get healthy guys back and i see a blowout. I worry much more about road games than this one.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: October 6th, 2019, 1:20 pm OK, ballcoach, you are in trouble. I noticed you took a like off one of my posts. You have done it now. :)
It was an accident. I thought I reliked it.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I would play my first stringers in that one, and simply put, we need to do something that we haven't done in the last two games and that is have one foot on the gas and the other on the metaphorical throat of our opponent from the opening kickoff. Maine is good, but we simply need to dominate. As BYD noted, the "haters" would be all over a loss to the Black Bears, especially at home on homecoming, so what we need to do is to shut Maine up and shut our detractors up with a blowout win.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
GoLU_13_21 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 4:17 pm
LU 57 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 7:36 am One game at a time. Maine is no pushover. They gave Georgia Southern a pretty good game.
Question, why play a single 1st string player against Maine? Not because of perceived talent level but because that game literally means nothing (we loose oh well we already have one and only FCS victory). We get all second and third string some game experience?
Hard pass on this for a number of reasons, but one that has not been mentioned is that our starters would go into the Rutgers game not having played in 3 weeks.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 12:02 am so NM and NMSU become the first two FBS schools to ever lose more than once to Liberty. Who would have ever guessed that combination, let alone coming from the same state lol.
To answer your question from the game thread...the last time Liberty won four games in a row? 2016 (wins over Robert Morris, Kennesaw State, Monmouth, Gardner-Webb (OT), and Presbyterian)
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote: October 6th, 2019, 9:01 pm
Liberty22 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 12:02 am so NM and NMSU become the first two FBS schools to ever lose more than once to Liberty. Who would have ever guessed that combination, let alone coming from the same state lol.
To answer your question from the game thread...the last time Liberty won four games in a row? 2016 (wins over Robert Morris, Kennesaw State, Monmouth, Gardner-Webb (OT), and Presbyterian)
Just because I love typing these things out. Buffalo, Hampton, New Mexico, New Mexico State.
By BlueBlood
At many points during the game, I thought that NMSU was the superior team. They are fast. Fortunate turnovers saved the day for LU. I'm sure the Aggies smelled the elusive win during that game and already have the second game circled.

LU's ability to run the ball with authority at the end of the game was impressive.

BTW - the NMSU broadcast (which had unstable cameras and very limited audio from field/fans) made me very thankful for LFSN
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
2018 vs NMSU gave up 5.6 yards per rush

2019 vs NMSU gave up 3.9 yards per rush

2018 vs NMSU gave up 49 points

2019 vs NMSU gave up 13 points

2018 vs NMSU gave up 567 yards

2019 vs NMSU gave up 396 yards

Conclusion: NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LAST YEARS D AND THIS YEARS D! Think about this too. . . Jimmy Faulks played first series and then exited the game. Bejour Wilson didn't play at all and Ceneca Espinoza who was 5th on the team in tackles heading into the game didn't play at all. We played that good without those guys playing!
By Libertyfan_71
BlueBlood wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:02 am At many points during the game, I thought that NMSU was the superior team. They are fast. Fortunate turnovers saved the day for LU. I'm sure the Aggies smelled the elusive win during that game and already have the second game circled.

LU's ability to run the ball with authority at the end of the game was impressive.

BTW - the NMSU broadcast (which had unstable cameras and very limited audio from field/fans) made me very thankful for LFSN
I would agree with BlueBlood that the broadcast was horrible. I thought it was a broadcast of a high school game. No crowed noise and camera was all over the place.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
VERY POOR attendance for a Homecoming game as well. Would be very disappointed if I was a NCSU fan. Of course an 0-4 record didn't help either.
By LUOrange
GoLU_13_21 wrote: October 7th, 2019, 7:15 pm They had a crowd announced at over 23,000 that's more than I'd expect at Williams Stadium.
Their stadium only holds 30,000. 23K is hard to believe, unless the majority of their fans were below the view of the camera. The side in view, appeared to be just their band. That said, unless we beat UVA or BYU, we'll be lucky to 7K in the building when NMSU comes to Lynchburg. If LU is just going to buy their own tickets again, I hope they at least hand them out in the community- I'd start with local football and cheerleading teams and their families.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
GoLU_13_21 wrote: October 7th, 2019, 7:15 pm They had a crowd announced at over 23,000 that's more than I'd expect at Williams Stadium.
If there was 23K there, most were dressed as empty seats. I guess it could have been 23K paid, but if they seat 30K there wasn't any more than 10K actually there.
By GoLU_13_21
Didn't see the game myself but those on theNMSU board said they were really please at their crowd and guessed that even with the large announced number there was more like 17,000.
By LibertyD
BuryYourDuke wrote: October 6th, 2019, 6:35 pm Also, when/if we lose to Maine, the headlines about losing to an FCS will be fast and furious. Those who hate us are waiting for ways to pick apart our FBS move. We will have our hands full playing our starters. Maine is good. Going into selection season 7-5 or 8-4 just smells better than 6-6 with an FCS loss.
Maine is good. Are you kidding me? Lose to Maine...so can’t even conceive it!
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Maine lost to an average FCS Richmond team.

We will do to Maine what we did to Hampton if not more. Maine's QB is no Deandre Francois.

Prediction thread is not up yet but I smell a 59 to 21 beat down
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
As our DBs were dropping like flies against the Aggies, HF had a talk with Shedro Lewis (who was a very good CB with a boatload of ints. in HS) and told him to be ready to go in on D if needed. Since he did not know the system, the plan was to call for all man to man coverage while he was in there. Thank goodness nobody else got hurt.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]