Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 8:58 am Redskins, Patriots, Steelers
Tomorrow we will find out if Ballcoach and his sources are right again, or if we throw this prediction on the trash heap with most of his others (Dabo as HC , etc.).

Please, dear God, don't let it be the Pats. :pray
Purple Haize liked this
By tyndal23
Watching the LU Baylor game for 30th or so time in honor of AGG draft - he tore them up. Gillespie had our FCS boys in shape and ready for that game. Still hard to fathom how that group lost to the teams they ended up losing to later in the year.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 9:33 pm Watching the LU Baylor game for 30th or so time in honor of AGG draft - he tore them up. Gillespie had our FCS boys in shape and ready for that game. Still hard to fathom how that group lost to the teams they ended up losing to later in the year.
Not really. 8)
ballcoach15 liked this
By chris leedlelee
Many teams reached for their targeted players last night, passing up the projected "better" players for their target. AGG might be ranked the 12-18th best wideout, but if a team is targeting him specifically, he will be selected far higher than his draft grade.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: April 24th, 2020, 10:18 pm I'd love more than anything for AGG to end up a Packer. I converted a lot of people to AGG fans up here in Wisconsin.
LU Honors Program alumnus Samkon Gado, MD was a Packer. Study :fbplayer
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: April 25th, 2020, 8:37 am He's going to be steal for who ever drafts him. Next Golladay but because he never played special teams and he ran a 4.6 he falls.
The knock on him has been the ability to get separation. That’s sort of a big deal. I don’t know how legit it will be when training camps start but that’s a big red flag. I believe he’s the best WR available on the board right now. I doubt he waits very long.
Ill flame liked this
I just need to vent:

1. There is no way Van Jefferson shouldve been taken over AGG, the Senior Bowl and Combine proved that. Yes, Jefferson had a better 40 time but all week long at the Senior Bowl practice there were 2 names that kept coming up Denzel Mims and AGG.

2. Edwards from SC and Bowden from Kentucky also NEVER shouldve been taken before AGG. I know Bowden is being called the next Randall Cobb and if that is so I can see his versatility but from a sheer WR talent observation then AGG all day.

3. I hope AGG comes off the board in the first 10 picks of the 4th and whoever gets him is getting a freaking steal. All the other teams that passed on him in the second and third rounds are foolish.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: April 24th, 2020, 4:39 pm Any teams that pass on him today are foolish! he out-played van jefferson, chase claypool and everyone not named Denzel Mims at the Senior Bowl.
Chase Claypool and AGG have the same skill set, body type, speed and some difficulty creating separation, yet Claypool was picked in 2nd Rd?? Notre Dame v. LU??
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: April 25th, 2020, 10:31 am
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: April 24th, 2020, 4:39 pm Any teams that pass on him today are foolish! he out-played van jefferson, chase claypool and everyone not named Denzel Mims at the Senior Bowl.
Chase Claypool and AGG have the same skill set, body type, speed and some difficulty creating separation, yet Claypool was picked in 2nd Rd?? Notre Dame v. LU??
You’re on the right track there. Scouts have tape on Claypool against better competition than they do AGG. Add to that Claypool was projected awhile ago as a TE you have someone more versatile. Objectively if I’m looking at those two, I’d go with Claypool.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Claypool's combine numbers were better. Sub 4.5 40 and 40 plus vertical. I do think AGG is stronger, catches the ball better , and has better body control.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I mean Jake Fromm (State Farm) is still on the board. There’s still some talent for some teams in need.
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]