Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
1slimmaroon wrote: October 9th, 2019, 9:27 am Well the surprising thing that I see about AGG's draft status is that Todd McShay just release his top "144" 2020 draft prospects with a low score of 30. He DOES NOT have AGG in the top 144. Now, I may not be an expert here, but I've seen enough football at both levels that AGG is definitely a draft prospect worth talking to.
That is quite surprising. If AGG is, according to McShay somewhere below his top 144 players, that puts him at best a 5th rounder. That’s crazy.
By Ewglenn
I’m going ahead and saying the Giants will take him in the 3rd. You heard it here first. Idk if the have a 3rd round pick but Gettleman loves big wideouts.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Only thing I can think is if his stock is that low they must be concerned over his inability to effectively break loose from the LOS when being jammed at the line. That’s one of his few weaknesses I see.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Would love to see him go in the first round. However, I believe that lack of FBS competition in his early years and the fact that he has been shut down a couple of times (ie. last week), is going to hurt him some. I have seen him projected as low as an early day 3 pick, but who knows. He doesn't seem to fit the mold of a possession receiver, but more of a home-run type of player. Not sure his speed translates well to the NFL in that role. Wish him nothing but the best. Love AGG.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I have had AGG as a likely day 2 guy who could potentially be a Day 1. He has 6 more games to show himself as a candidate for the combine and the Senior Bowl with two "spotlight games" with UVa and BYU.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’ve been curious about his route running ability and his ability to overcome physicality at the line of scrimmage. Unquestionably great at catching the ball on the fly or at winning jump balls
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Yeah his route running and release are both the items to be understandably questioned, as with most big receivers, but considering his production both in regards to consistency and in regards of highlight reel plays I can't believe he would not even be considered a borderline draft prospect.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: October 30th, 2019, 9:36 am You'd think AGG would be showing up on lists such as this by now...it features 20+ WRs, but not AGG as even a borderline draft prospect.

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/rankings?year=2020
Yeah - until he shows up on boards at ESPN - I see him as a 4th-5th rounder. He's good, but WR is a staked position this year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: October 30th, 2019, 11:36 am Yeah his route running and release are both the items to be understandably questioned, as with most big receivers, but considering his production both in regards to consistency and in regards of highlight reel plays I can't believe he would not even be considered a borderline draft prospect.
If you can’t get separation and you can’t get off the line you can’t make highlight reel catches. Syracuse was pretty physical with him if I recall correctly and he struggled
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
If struggling (against Syracuse) is 6 catches for 119 yards then I will take that all day long. ESPN is not the only major draft publication and the fact that 4 NFL teams with their scouts were at the Rutgers game says enough and all 4 of them were there to see Gandy-Golden. I know the draft class is deep at WR this year but he has proven himself this year to be able to play against the big boys more than he did last year. I look forward to him showing out against UVA too.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: October 30th, 2019, 2:26 pm If struggling (against Syracuse) is 6 catches for 119 yards then I will take that all day long. ESPN is not the only major draft publication and the fact that 4 NFL teams with their scouts were at the Rutgers game says enough and all 4 of them were there to see Gandy-Golden. I know the draft class is deep at WR this year but he has proven himself this year to be able to play against the big boys more than he did last year. I look forward to him showing out against UVA too.
Listen - I think Gandy-Golden is a special Talent, but NFL is a different animal. A WR in college can be awesome, then go into NFL and not make a scout team. There are so many little things they have to be great at to succeed. I'm sure scouts are looking at him, but that doesn't mean that NFL teams will play the game and hope he falls out of draft and then pick him up via FA. I hope he goes to my Bucs - I would love to watch him grow into a Mike Evans type player.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
AGG still needs to improve his route running but all big WRs have that problem. He has improved his separation skills a lot this year. We’ve seen it especially against the home opener against Syracuse. While Cuse is bad they have all American corners and he was the best player on the field that night.

He has one of the best hands in the draft and is probably the best jump ball wr in this years draft, physical too. I think everything will depend on how he does at the combine and the all star games that he gets invited to. He can fall anywhere between 1-5.
By chris leedlelee
Kricket wrote: October 31st, 2019, 9:00 pm https://withthefirstpick.com/2019/10/20 ... to-emerge/

Projected as a mid to late round pick in this one. Walterfootball still has him as pick 37.
I truly believe that he is going to put out an amazing performance at the combine and senior bowl. He may not be a first round pick now, but just you wait until he has the eyes of all 32 NFL scouts against the toughest competition. I see him as one of the small school risers. If he is a finalist for the Biletnikoff award, that will also shoot him up draft boards. I believe he is on track to be a finalist similar to how Andy Isabella at UMass was last year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: November 1st, 2019, 9:08 pm
Kricket wrote: October 31st, 2019, 9:00 pm https://withthefirstpick.com/2019/10/20 ... to-emerge/

Projected as a mid to late round pick in this one. Walterfootball still has him as pick 37.
I truly believe that he is going to put out an amazing performance at the combine and senior bowl. He may not be a first round pick now, but just you wait until he has the eyes of all 32 NFL scouts against the toughest competition. I see him as one of the small school risers. If he is a finalist for the Biletnikoff award, that will also shoot him up draft boards. I believe he is on track to be a finalist similar to how Andy Isabella at UMass was last year.
Those eyes are actually going to be dissecting every flaw more than every strength. It’s a meat market and the slightest weakness can get picked up on and magnified
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I don't know enough about AGG to say whether or not he struggles to keep his size and speed but I'm wondering if he has the ability to add 25 lbs. He might be a dominant pass catching TE. He's a strong kid already so it seems like it may be possible.

I mean, we've seen basketball players converted to TE, os AGG seems like less of a stretch.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 7:58 am I don't know enough about AGG to say whether or not he struggles to keep his size and speed but I'm wondering if he has the ability to add 25 lbs. He might be a dominant pass catching TE. He's a strong kid already so it seems like it may be possible.

I mean, we've seen basketball players converted to TE, os AGG seems like less of a stretch.
This sounds familiar...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This is his chance...he has these next two games (in front of a national television audience this week) plus potentially a bowl game and this all-star game to say, "my name is Antonio Gandy-Golden, and I'm ready to be a top talent in the NFL"
G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If the new players picks up on the pack line def[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]