Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUDad
I think one of the most intriguing things about AGG is his potential versatility in the NFL. The average size of an NFL WR is 6' tall and 200lbs. The average size of a NFL TE is 6' 4" and 254lbs. AGG is much taller than the average NFL WR receiver at 6'4" and is heaver at 220lbs. I can see some teams viewing him as a WR and some viewing him as a pass catching tight end (after bulking him up). He certainly has the physicality.

A team has a lot less chance of whiffing on their draft pick with AGG since he has a potential of being able to play more than one position.
By Class of 20Something
We were discussing the best fit for AGG in the barbershop yesterday. I came up with Atlanta having the most to gain with him. I think he fits the current wide receiver set very well. Especially considering that they could add him on day two on a WR heavy draft.

Matt Ryan slinging to
X - Calvin Ridley
Y - Julio Jones
Z - AGG
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: November 28th, 2019, 12:58 pm
flameshaw wrote: November 28th, 2019, 12:48 pm I think the Rams will be his best fit.
I feel like the Rams are already heavy at WR. Cupp Woods and Cooks are all solid fantasy worthy WRs.
True, but they need some height. Besides, I am a rams fan and would like to watch him every Sunday. :)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I haven't had an NFL team since the Colts left Baltimore, but I might start rooting for whatever team drafts AGG (as long as it's not the Patriots :nono ).
By LUDad
Cider Jim wrote: November 29th, 2019, 8:47 am I haven't had an NFL team since the Colts left Baltimore, but I might start rooting for whatever team drafts AGG (as long as it's not the Patriots :nono ).
Watch out. Belichick likes value and pass catching TE's.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 28th, 2019, 2:08 pm
flameshaw wrote: November 28th, 2019, 12:48 pm I think the Rams will be his best fit.
I feel like the Rams are already heavy at WR. Cupp Woods and Cooks are all solid fantasy worthy WRs.
True, but they need some height. Besides, I am a rams fan and would like to watch him every Sunday. :)
I am too but I think they address OL and DB before they get a WR
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: November 29th, 2019, 10:25 pm
flameshaw wrote: November 28th, 2019, 2:08 pm

I am too but I think they address OL and DB before they get a WR
If trading their 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts for Jalen Ramsey isn't "addressing" DB, I don't know what is.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm really curious to see how AGG does in the combine (can't imagine he won't be invited). There is this assumption he lacks speed, but I think he may surprise us. Vertical could be interesting too. It really shouldn't mean that much, but it does. Jerry Rice, the greatest WR EVER and in the conversation for the greatest FOOTBALL PLAYER ever, ran a 4.71 in the combine. My bold prediction is that AGG will beat that by about .10
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: November 30th, 2019, 10:25 am I'm really curious to see how AGG does in the combine (can't imagine he won't be invited). There is this assumption he lacks speed, but I think he may surprise us. Vertical could be interesting too. It really shouldn't mean that much, but it does. Jerry Rice, the greatest WR EVER and in the conversation for the greatest FOOTBALL PLAYER ever, ran a 4.71 in the combine. My bold prediction is that AGG will beat that by about .10
This is a great point. This is also why all this talk about mock drafts being reliable or not reliable is a bunch of nonsense.

NFL GMs don't even know where AGG will go. There is no reliable source yet.

But I digress, you're basically saying AGG will run a 4.6. I think that's a pretty good projection. Any faster would be great and any slower would be a slight disappointment.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think they need some depth at DB personally and they are gonna have to pay some major cheddar to JR in the process

As for AGG, I reckon he could go around 4.5-4.6 as well. His vertical and drill times will really spark everyone's attention
By chris leedlelee
Kricket wrote: December 20th, 2019, 12:23 am https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/insi ... es-2019-20

This article on ESPN article is calling AGG a day 3 pick... I don't like that.
Just wait for the Senior Bowl when he manhandles every cornerback there. Same thing happened with Andy Isabella last year from UMass. We saw how early he went after rising up draft boards, and that was without the stereotypical NFL size like AGG has.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: December 20th, 2019, 10:29 am
Kricket wrote: December 20th, 2019, 12:23 am https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/insi ... es-2019-20

Just wait for the Senior Bowl when he manhandles every cornerback there. Same thing happened with Andy Isabella last year from UMass. We saw how early he went after rising up draft boards, and that was without the stereotypical NFL size like AGG has.
Will he though? He seemed to have problems against Syracuse early when they were physical of the line.
It’s going to be intriguing to watch what happens though. I hope he shoots up the board.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts

Isabella ran a 4.3 40 in the combine. AGG is not going to do that (although I believe his time will be better than a lot of people think it will). The things AGG does best require a much more subjective type of evaluation, which makes them more subject to being downplayed due to factors like level of competition.
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: December 20th, 2019, 10:35 am

Will he though? He seemed to have problems against Syracuse early when they were physical of the line.
It’s going to be intriguing to watch what happens though. I hope he shoots up the board.
UVA last year? Yes. Auburn? Yes. Their physical corners gave him a lot of issues with his release. Syracuse this year? Not really. His release and routes are so much better this year. He had a really solid game against syracuse even with Buckshot being off and a safety over the top pretty much all game.

I am not concerned about how he will do in drills or the game. I think he will do really well. The biggest question mark will be the 40 time. Isabella is a burner.
By chris leedlelee
R i wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 8:19 pm Moving up the boards today. Great stuff by the Golden Goat
I told y'all. Once put against higher caliber competition AGG can perform at the same level. His combination of size, catch radius, and body control really makes him impossible to cover 1 on 1, which will translate very well to his value on a team. Very similar resume to DK Metcalf in last year's draft.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]