Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Anyone else notice that AGG is listed in the NFL Combine invite list as a Big South receiver?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I have him going in round 2 but as I said before, if he can get into the 4.4s at the combine in the 40, someone in the late first might take a flyer on him. He has the size to be a future number 1 in the right situation, but his speed and route running have been the biggest knocks on him in the leadup to the Senior Bowl
chris leedlelee liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: February 7th, 2020, 6:33 pm I have him going in round 2 but as I said before, if he can get into the 4.4s at the combine in the 40, someone in the late first might take a flyer on him. He has the size to be a future number 1 in the right situation, but his speed and route running have been the biggest knocks on him in the leadup to the Senior Bowl
I really think the receiver class is too deep this year for him to go first round outside of a miraculous performance at the combine.
By tyndal23
We all know I can be bad at math, but If there are 32 teams and he goes in 3rd round how could he be pick number 100 ? In my mind he has to be either lower than 100 pick or be a 4th round pick.
By chris leedlelee
AGG is really a guy who would fit in with the "Patriot Way" up in New England. He is a super high character guy who could easily digest the complex offense and provide a mismatch against many corners, which is what the Patriots' scheme revolves around. I really could see that being a good fit.
By Ewglenn
tyndal23 wrote: February 11th, 2020, 10:34 am We all know I can be bad at math, but If there are 32 teams and he goes in 3rd round how could he be pick number 100 ? In my mind he has to be either lower than 100 pick or be a 4th round pick.
Compensatory picks
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The two drills that are really going to tell the story of AGGs potential draft ceiling are the 40 and the vertical. I he can show he has decent (if not Olympic class) speed and a strong number in the vertical, I think someone will take a flyer on him because he has something you can't teach or develop...height. at around 6'4", he will be bigger than alot of DBs and can create matchup problems., especially for 50/50 balls in the red area.
The illegal contact and PI rules could really help him for those with questions about his physicality against press man cover.
By tyndal23
Ewglenn wrote: February 11th, 2020, 11:36 am
tyndal23 wrote: February 11th, 2020, 10:34 am We all know I can be bad at math, but If there are 32 teams and he goes in 3rd round how could he be pick number 100 ? In my mind he has to be either lower than 100 pick or be a 4th round pick.
Compensatory picks
I still don’t get it - Isn’t pick number/player selected in a round constant ?
By Ewglenn
tyndal23 wrote: February 11th, 2020, 12:39 pm
Ewglenn wrote: February 11th, 2020, 11:36 am
Compensatory picks
I still don’t get it - Isn’t pick number/player selected in a round constant ?
In theory yes but there are picks given out to teams that the nfl thinks needs extra to close the talent gap. Most of the time it’s due to a player leaving and getting nothing in return. The Patriots are notorious for getting them since they pickup a ton of players on the final year of their contracts.
By chris leedlelee
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 18th, 2020, 7:18 pm With all the mock drafts being made public I would be shocked if he went later than the 4th. I am letting my AGG bias get the best of me and hoping for a 2nd round pick.
Whether he goes in the 2nd or the 4th truly depends on his combine workout. We will have much more clarity on his draft stock post-combine.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not sure why my comment didnt post but i said that if he can go between 4.5-4.55 and work well with the quarterbacks he goes second round, third at worst. If he can rip off a sub-4.5 he goes early second with a longshot at mid-late first round. If he struggles he could end up middle of day three.
By Ewglenn
It comes down to 40 time. In the 4.4s would be 1st or 2nd round. 4.5s puts him 3rd or 4th round. 4.6s he goes late 4th into 5th round. I really think that’s as low as he would get before someone would take a shot regardless of 40 time.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]