Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
AGG did compare himself to Larry Fitzgerald being a bigger, sure handed WR with a lack of speed. Maybe this is a hint that AGG won't put up an amazing 40 time. Either way it's good to see AGG getting the attention he deserves.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 7:11 am My only real concern for AGG was his route running. He wasn't forced to do a ton of different things at Liberty but it appears those concerns have been unfounded. Happy for him and excited to see where he lands.
Agreed. It seemed here all he had to do was run and catch Jump balls
Glad he’s showing making a good showing of himself
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Even the announcers mentioned the blown PI call. The best thing AGG did for his draft stock was all the one on one work dominated in this week. The TD grab was clutch but when you get into a game like this one your not going to get as many looks as you would in a regular game.

Either way, he represented Christ well, LU and himself. Super excited for the draft!
By tyndal23
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 25th, 2020, 10:24 pm ESPN+ posted an article about Scouts top underrated prospects at the Senior Bowl and our boy AGG was third on the list.
Yes, great week of practice from day one and he caught the media “ mantra” that held up all week - one cat saying he is best receiver in draft. The segment they did on his freak athleticism was very cool. Glad I taped the game and watched it - that was best part. How any of this relates to actual draft u never know but certainly didn’t hurt himself or LU by playing in this game.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, have combine invitations been issued? Can't imagine that AGG won't be there, but I'm wondering if any others, like Jesse and Dontae, might be as well.
By Class of 20Something
I think AGG will get invited.

Here's some reference information.

http://pfref.com/tiny/3EK2J

Among WRs that are 6-4+ and 215+, since 2012, only 3 WRs were taken in the first round.

They are (with 40 times)
Mike Evans(4.53)
Mike Williams(Did not run)
Kelvin Benjamin(4.61)

I think the best style of play comp is Kenny Golladay who ran 4.50 and was a third round pick.
LU 57 liked this
By Class of 20Something
chris leedlelee wrote: January 28th, 2020, 2:13 pm In my opinion, and based on previous draft results, AGG's size affords him a pass for a bad 40 time, if indeed he does have one. No one regards AGG as a burner.
Define bad. The link I just posted outlines draft positions for WRs of his size
By chris leedlelee
Class of 20Something wrote: January 28th, 2020, 8:30 pm Define bad. The link I just posted outlines draft positions for WRs of his size
"Bad" would probably be 4.6-4.7, which is likely where AGG would land, but there are many recievers, like Devin Funchess, who have gone high with a 40 time similar to that.
By Class of 20Something
chris leedlelee wrote: January 29th, 2020, 10:43 am
Class of 20Something wrote: January 28th, 2020, 8:30 pm Define bad. The link I just posted outlines draft positions for WRs of his size
"Bad" would probably be 4.6-4.7, which is likely where AGG would land, but there are many recievers, like Devin Funchess, who have gone high with a 40 time similar to that.
I agree. I think he can get under that 4.7 mark, but will need sub 4.6 to be drafted in the 2nd. That's purely making up for Devin being a Michigan product, vs AGG from Liberty.

If AGG hits under 4.6, I don't see him making it to the third round. I think he's an open secret. I see most teams wanting him to drop to the third but most think someone else will preclude that from happening.
chris leedlelee liked this
By chris leedlelee
One thing that will cause AGG to not go as high is the WR depth in this year's class. Tee Higgins, the star receiver from Clemson, is only the 5th best receiver in this class. Justin Jefferson, the star LSU wideout, is the TENTH best receiver in this class, according to the Bleacher Report. Needless to say, I don't see AGG going over these guys, thus he might fall a little bit lower than his talent would normally place him in the draft.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/286 ... jerk#slide1
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]