Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Stubhub has them for as little as $13.77
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:15 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 8th, 2019, 5:28 pm Stubhub has them for as little as $13.77
If I'm buying airfare I'm not setting ground level in an endzone. :lol:
Well I don’t know everyone’s ticket preference and price threshold. I can only do so much :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 8th, 2019, 4:29 pm Question. I will be buying 2 game tickets. Not crazy about a $25 down deal not knowing the final price. When you can go online and buy exact seats on the bowl website. What do you think?
https://www.liberty.edu/ms/bowlcentral/ ... aign=65611
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Getting airfare for that weekend will be rough. I know allegiant used to have cheap flights between Roanoke and Sanford on Thursdays and Sundays but not sure if they still do.

Quick question is stub hub reliable? I've got 4 in my family, but don't want to pay $25 with everything else.
By Jonathan Carone
StubHub is reliable but it doesn’t help the school. With bowl games, the amount of tickets we can sell will reflect well on us for future games.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:12 pm Getting airfare for that weekend will be rough. I know allegiant used to have cheap flights between Roanoke and Sanford on Thursdays and Sundays but not sure if they still do.

Quick question is stub hub reliable? I've got 4 in my family, but don't want to pay $25 with everything else.
StubHub
SeatGeek
ViVid
RazorGator
Those are all the ones I’ve used and had absolutely 0 problems with them. It actually does pay to shop around depending on fees etc. even the same seat will be listed for a different price on different sites (not by much. Maybe a couple of bucks)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:27 pm StubHub is reliable but it doesn’t help the school. With bowl games, the amount of tickets we can sell will reflect well on us for future games.
Regardless LU is going to buy it’s entire allotment so I wouldn’t sweat it
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Appreciate the feedback guys. I'm really thinking this thing may sell out. With the proximity to GA Southern, LUs alumni base especially in FL and being the 1st bowl. Cure Bowl site crashed early on and I believe they are out of parking passes on their website. That stadium doesn't look that big, which to me makes it nice because nobody like watching empty bowl games. I'm definitely pumped for the game
By BuryYourDuke
Registration Days Posts
Unless something has changed, schools generally are required to purchase their entire allotment of tickets. It’s one of the main reason bowl games are such a financial scam. It’s also why schools freak out and push so hard for you to buy THEIR tickets and not from the other markets. Each one they sell gets them closer to breaking even. Liberty will lose a butt-ton of money on this game, but that’s okay. Athletics is just marketing for the University.

And I could be dead wrong, but I don’t think there is any way in the world this game is going to come close to selling out. I would be surprised if it hit 15k.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This game should sell out, fairly easily. LU fans need to be loyal and support the team. We should have a lot of alumni in the southern part of country, that makes this a good venue.
By chris leedlelee
thepostman wrote: December 8th, 2019, 10:13 pm
Cider Jim wrote:Doesn't the stadium only seat 25,500?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploria_Stadium
Yes. It's the Orlando City Soccer stadium. Super nice but on the small size. Perfect for this kind of bowl.
It also is much nicer and newer than the large camping world stadium in Orlando. It really will be the perfect setting for such a bowl game as this.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They have done a lot of work on the Camping World stadium in recent years but it is still not the best place in the world. I think LU fans will enjoy the soccer stadium.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 10:11 pm This game should sell out, fairly easily.
Ballcoach, have we ever sold out Williams Stadium during the semester when 15,000 sudents were still in town? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Factors to consider:

Bowl Game (plus 1st ever bowl game)
Date: December 21
Number of Alumni scattered throughout the South
LU's footprint nationally
Florida weather vs. Virginia weather
:football :football :football :football :football
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report