Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'd love to make it down. Could stay with my parents for free but we just went down there and spent a lot of money in the process. That trip was planned a year in advance. Oh well. I hope a lot of Liberty fans can make it down.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:44 pm Booked my flights. Can cancel up until 7:30 pm tomorrow if something changes :lol:
Others are saying it's FIU and Georgia State in the Cure Bowl, and LU is going to a bowl in Arizona against GA Southern. I don't know who or what to believe. :dontgetit
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 7th, 2019, 10:00 pm
TH Spangler wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:44 pm Booked my flights. Can cancel up until 7:30 pm tomorrow if something changes :lol:
Others are saying it's FIU and Georgia State in the Cure Bowl, and LU is going to a bowl in Arizona against GA Southern. I don't know who or what to believe. :dontgetit
I waited to book. You can put a hold on a non refundable reservation for 24 hours. So I have until 730 tomorrow night to pay. If its Arizona I'll cancel and enjoy the game on TV.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'd be shocked by anything else but the Cure Bowl. I texted my Dad and told him it was probably happening and I'm pretty sure he already bought himself tickets. Haha
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 10:56 pm I am hearing Central Florida in Cure Bowl vs Georgia State.
Hopefully these aren’t the same voice that told you Perkins wouldn’t play for UVA tonight so he’d be rested for the Bowl game :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Also playing central Florida AND Georgia State would be an interesting matchup.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 7th, 2019, 11:10 pm
Kricket wrote:This article says sources have UCF in the Cure Bowl, meaning we ain't going to Orlando.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/b ... 139999632/
Then in their bowl projections it has UCF go to the Gasparilla Bowl in St Pete soooooo
So LU in the Sarsaparilla Bowl? 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 11:16 pm As of 10:25, December 7th I am still thinking we are going to Cure Bowl.
It’s only 10:17

And Perkins is still playing
By Damien Sordelett
Registration Days Posts
I'm seeing fewer and fewer projections for Liberty in the Cure Bowl.

Here's why: The American Athletic Conference and Mountain West Conference both share tie-ins with the Hawai'i Bowl, and most every projection has Hawai'i (Mountain West) playing BYU in that bowl game. That leaves six other tie-ins with six bowl eligible teams for the AAC.
By LUDad
Damien Sordelett wrote: December 7th, 2019, 11:18 pm I'm seeing fewer and fewer projections for Liberty in the Cure Bowl.

Here's why: The American Athletic Conference and Mountain West Conference both share tie-ins with the Hawai'i Bowl, and most every projection has Hawai'i (Mountain West) playing BYU in that bowl game. That leaves six other tie-ins with six bowl eligible teams for the AAC.
Here is yet another site predicting LU for Armed Services Bowl vs. Air Force.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... years-six/
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I could live that easy commute up to Cowtown. I can give a ton of local intel on Fort Worth if it proves to be the final destination.
By Damien Sordelett
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 7th, 2019, 11:27 pm I could live that easy commute up to Cowtown. I can give a ton of local intel on Fort Worth if it proves to be the final destination.
The kickoff for the Armed Forces Bowl is at 10:30 p.m. local time (11:30 for those of us here in Virginia) on Jan. 4. That's a late night regardless because of it being the Wild Card round for the NFL playoffs. The lone bowl game would start after those NFL games are completed.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Damien Sordelett wrote: December 7th, 2019, 11:43 pm
Sly Fox wrote: December 7th, 2019, 11:27 pm I could live that easy commute up to Cowtown. I can give a ton of local intel on Fort Worth if it proves to be the final destination.
The kickoff for the Armed Forces Bowl is at 10:30 p.m. local time (11:30 for those of us here in Virginia) on Jan. 4. That's a late night regardless because of it being the Wild Card round for the NFL playoffs. The lone bowl game would start after those NFL games are completed.
Way past my bedtime :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
17th Annual Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl will be played Saturday, January 4, 2020. FORT WORTH, Texas (May 23, 2019) – The 17th edition of the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl will be played on Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020 with kickoff set for 10:30 a.m. CT at TCU's Amon G. Carter Stadium in Fort Worth, Texas, on ESPN.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]