Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
Current FPI has projected 80 teams eligible for 78 spots. If that's the case, there's a chance we stay home even if we're eligible.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If we go to bowl game, I hope it's in a warm weather venue. I am ready for a Florida trip actually.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 3:35 pm If we go to bowl game, I hope it's in a warm weather venue. I am ready for a Florida trip actually.
Only 6 of the 50 or so bowl games are not at warm weather sites, and that's counting Charlotte and Nashville.

Pinstripe Bowl in NYC.
Military Bowl in Annapolis
Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit
Potato Bowl in Boise.
Belk Bowl in Charlotte.
Music City Bowl in Nashville
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 13th, 2019, 12:56 pm Current FPI has projected 80 teams eligible for 78 spots. If that's the case, there's a chance we stay home even if we're eligible.
Since LU has never been to a bowl game, this could giver us an advantage with the right venue, i.e. ticket sales. There are teams around the country that do not travel well to bowl games. I think we would have a big crowd for a bowl game, providing venue is good.
If we do make a bowl game, LU nation needs to buy a tickets, even if they don't go to the game. and buy them thru the LU ticket office, so that school will get credit for the ticket sales.
This will help us in the future with bowl game selection.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Is Missouri included in the list of teams that have qualified? They are currently ineligible, but have appealed to the NCAA. If there are less than 78 bowl eligible teams, I think their chances increase to play in a bowl game.

#NCAARulesConsistently
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
SumItUp wrote: November 14th, 2019, 10:16 am Is Missouri included in the list of teams that have qualified? They are currently ineligible, but have appealed to the NCAA. If there are less than 78 bowl eligible teams, I think their chances increase to play in a bowl game.

#NCAARulesConsistently
Missouri has 5 wins so they are not included in the list.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Much like our countdown to the Big Dance when we were cheering for favorites to win, we need the same mindset watching the scoreboard this weekend ... but with a twist. A few upsets of borderline qualifying times would be helpful.

As for me, I am not making bowl reservations until the bowl picture if crystal clear. My sofa is up for bids in the unlikely event that we land the Texas Bowl.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: November 14th, 2019, 10:16 am Is Missouri included in the list of teams that have qualified? They are currently ineligible, but have appealed to the NCAA. If there are less than 78 bowl eligible teams, I think their chances increase to play in a bowl game.

#NCAARulesConsistently
NCAA has almost made cheating legal. (for their favorite schools)
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 9:51 am

Since LU has never been to a bowl game, this could giver us an advantage with the right venue, i.e. ticket sales. There are teams around the country that do not travel well to bowl games. I think we would have a big crowd for a bowl game, providing venue is good.
If we do make a bowl game, LU nation needs to buy a tickets, even if they don't go to the game. and buy them thru the LU ticket office, so that school will get credit for the ticket sales.
This will help us in the future with bowl game selection.
I am not sold yet that we will be a good bowl travel fan base. We traveled well for an fcs school for sure but it isn’t like we are filling up our visitor allotment at our big away games as FBS. I hope we are a great bowl travel school but it remains to be seen.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe it would depend on location and opponent. A Florida or Birmingham bowl would get a lot of LU fans. If we do make bowl game in good venue, every LU fan in the country should try to attend, if finances and health allows. Those who can't attend, should still buy a ticket thru LU ticket office, if they can afford it. We need to establish a reputation as a good bowl travel fan base.
Personally, I have "banked some vacation days", for bowl game travel.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: November 16th, 2019, 8:46 pm I believe it would depend on location and opponent. A Florida or Birmingham bowl would get a lot of LU fans. If we do make bowl game in good venue, every LU fan in the country should try to attend, if finances and health allows. Those who can't attend, should still buy a ticket thru LU ticket office, if they can afford it. We need to establish a reputation as a good bowl travel fan base.
Personally, I have "banked some vacation days", for bowl game travel.
Ballcoach with the jokes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
$1000 to go to see LU play in a bowl game or $25 for a pizza and watch it from the comfort of my sofa..
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: November 17th, 2019, 2:32 pm $1000 to go to see LU play in a bowl game or $25 for a pizza and watch it from the comfort of my sofa..
I’m not gonna drop a grand, but I’d be willing to put down a little money for the first ever bowl appearance if it’s relatively convenient. Will all depend on flight options.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 17th, 2019, 2:39 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 17th, 2019, 2:32 pm $1000 to go to see LU play in a bowl game or $25 for a pizza and watch it from the comfort of my sofa..
I’m not gonna drop a grand, but I’d be willing to put down a little money for the first ever bowl appearance if it’s relatively convenient. Will all depend on flight options.
Flight
Hotel
Food
Ticket
Transportation
That’s gonna add up pretty quick but
By chris leedlelee
As a Liberty alum who now attends UCF in Orlando, this is the best-case scenario for me. I live within 5 minutes of the stadium. If I didn't live within an old 400 sq ft shack right now I'd offer my place for y'all to stay. Really hoping we make the Cure Bowl for entirely selfish reasons.
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: November 17th, 2019, 2:56 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 17th, 2019, 2:39 pm
Flight
Hotel
Food
Ticket
Transportation
That’s gonna add up pretty quick but
The Cure Bowl will cost me about $500 between flight, lodging, and ticket.

If it's the Belk Bowl, that's two hours from me and doesn't need a flight or lodging.

Birmingham Bowl would be $500-$600 probably.

Boca would be $600-$700. Probably out of range.

Cure and Boca would both be problems because of family Christmas stuff too.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
@Purple Haize, my main question is why are you spending 25 bucks for a pizza!!?? It must be the high end stuff!
2024 Recruiting Discussion

He’s the exception to the rule. Opposing […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]