Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUDad
A Sea of Red wrote: November 21st, 2019, 7:38 pm Here's a list of games to watch and who to pull for this weekend to help Liberty's bowl hopes

https://www.aseaofred.com/games-to-watc ... owl-hopes/
You state that there are 39 bowl games. That is also the number of bowl games that CBS Sports reported. However, there is actually 40 bowl games this year (in addition to the championship game). CBS left out the Celebration Bowl that is to be played 12/21 in Alanta Ga. So there are two additional slots to be accounted for.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
by a cursory glance of the entirety of the FBS standings, there are 68 other teams with at least 6 wins, 15 of those 68 with exactly 6 wins and 14 with 5 wins. There are 18 teams that are 4-6 and will have to win their last 2 games to become bowl eligible and COULD be scheduled against other teams needing to win their last two and Army who needs to beat Navy to become bowl eligible
By LUDad
SumItUp wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 3:58 pm The Celebration Bowl is an FCS bowl that matches two HBCU schools against each other.
Thanks, forgot that MEAC bowl. :oops:
By LU 57
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 8:07 pm Next week terrifies me because, you know, Typical Liberty and the WTF game.
Looking like NMSU is going to pick up win #2 vs. UTEP.
By Jonathan Carone
We were favored against Rutgers so technically it could be the WTF game, but it’s hard to picture a P5 - even a bad one - in that slot.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
It would terrify me if we had a couple other certain former coaches, but this is a totally different bunch(staff & players) and there is no way our senior class lets this happen. Too much at stake for them to have the "typical liberty" type of game.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
By the way, a lot of the teams we were hoping would lose and become eliminated from bowl consideration lost today and a few more may lose as well next week too.

We control our own bowl destiny.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 8:07 pm Next week terrifies me because, you know, Typical Liberty and the WTF game.
We have beaten UMass 1-11, New Mexico 2-9, New Mexico State 2-9, Buffalo 6-5 and two FCS teams. We squeaked by 20 to 13 last time? They are coming off a win.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 24th, 2019, 7:40 am
We have beaten UMass 1-11, New Mexico 2-9, New Mexico State 2-9, Buffalo 6-5 and two FCS teams. We squeaked by 20 to 13 last time? They are coming off a win.

7-5 and bowl eligible would be a great outcome, but the buffalo and Umass wins would have looked a lot more impressive in 2018.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 24th, 2019, 1:03 am We control our own bowl destiny.
No, we don’t. The nature of bowl invitations is that the schools inherently never totally control their destiny.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 24th, 2019, 9:07 am
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 24th, 2019, 1:03 am We control our own bowl eligibility.
No, we don’t. The nature of bowl invitations is that the schools inherently never totally control their destiny.
Fixed it for him.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
When we win next week and there are other teams sitting at 5-6 who play the likes of Oregon, Utah, Navy, Hawaii and a few others that are predicted to win each of those games by at least 2 touchdowns there could end up being 52 teams not bowl eligible. So, I know it may be premature but I still believe we control our own bowl destiny.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 24th, 2019, 10:14 am
Kricket wrote: November 24th, 2019, 9:43 am Playing Miami in Nashville would be a rough matchup...

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/11 ... er-week-13
I like this one. Buddy works in AA Admirals club in BNA. If he's not back in Carolina that weekend we might go.
American Airlines is perhaps the only legacy airline I will NOT fly
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: November 24th, 2019, 10:24 am
TH Spangler wrote: November 24th, 2019, 10:14 am
Kricket wrote: November 24th, 2019, 9:43 am Playing Miami in Nashville would be a rough matchup...

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/11 ... er-week-13
I like this one. Buddy works in AA Admirals club in BNA. If he's not back in Carolina that weekend we might go.
American Airlines is perhaps the only legacy airline I will NOT fly
Now that surprises me. " American Airlines has consistently held the highest possible ranking on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index".

But that's okay, to this day I consider myself a retired Piedmont Airline employee. :lol:
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]