Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUDad
Kricket wrote: October 7th, 2019, 8:55 pm
amar0819 wrote: October 7th, 2019, 11:13 am https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... e-football

ESPN has us at a 98% chance of going bowling!!!

Teams that have never bowled:

• Liberty (4-2): 98% chance of six-plus wins
It says in the article that we have a 98% chance to get 6 wins. That's very different than a 98% chance of making a bowl.
Also does not clarify if one of those 6 wins is Maine.
By tyndal23
We beat Rutgers then don’t screw up UMass - playing with house money. Really don’t want NMSU in a position to knock us out of a bowl end of year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: October 8th, 2019, 3:08 pm Sorry for the fake news. I'm not sure why I got the search results I did initially on hotel rooms in Birmingham, but there are actually rooms available in the $50 range and up.
Are those hourly rates? 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Birmingham Bowl has tie in with SEC and AAC. I believe it's the 9th place SEC team. Not sure on AAC team. Granted, if either conference has no qualified team, they will go to an alternate selection.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'm at physical therapy so I can't do this right now, but I can research all the remaining schedules and see how our chances are for certain bowls. I will say that the SEC will probably cannibalize itself outside of the top 4 or 5 teams as far as bowl eligibility is concerned
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Please do Camellia Bowl if you do that! It being 20 minutes down the road and on a date that I'll be in town would be amazing. I imagine it would be doubtful due to Sun Belt and MAC having pretty well rounded records at the moment.

EDIT: Camellia Bowl is unlikely due to the following. If Sun Belt can't fill all bowl slots that probably means we take their spot in the Cure Bowl. MAC only has 5 tie ins, they are almost certain to fill those 5 spots based on current records. I can hope though! A Camellia Bowl with Liberty vs Troy, App State, Coastal or a Louisiana rematch would be awesome!
Last edited by FLAMEfromBAMA on October 9th, 2019, 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
We finally made the bowl projections on Espn:

"Schlabach: TCU vs. Liberty" this is his prediction for the AutoZone Liberty Bowl . . . Liberty in the Liberty Bowl how ironic.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As of the current moment, 3 SEC teams are bowl eligible with three others "on the hill". Four teams currently sit at 3-3
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
USA Today is predicting Liberty to play Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte. This would be a good bowl game, but I cannot see it happening with the ACC vs SEC bowl tie in, that Belk Bowl has. Unless not enough SEC teams qualify for a bowl.
By chris leedlelee
ballcoach15 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 9:39 am USA Today is predicting Liberty to play Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte. This would be a good bowl game, but I cannot see it happening with the ACC vs SEC bowl tie in, that Belk Bowl has. Unless not enough SEC teams qualify for a bowl.
Could anyone have ever dreamed of a day where LU would be even speculated to be on an even playing field in a bowl game with the likes of Virginia Tech?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: October 24th, 2019, 10:14 am
ballcoach15 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 9:39 am USA Today is predicting Liberty to play Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte. This would be a good bowl game, but I cannot see it happening with the ACC vs SEC bowl tie in, that Belk Bowl has. Unless not enough SEC teams qualify for a bowl.
Could anyone have ever dreamed of a day where LU would be even speculated to be on an even playing field in a bowl game with the likes of Virginia Tech?
I dream of the day when Liberty plays in the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 9:39 am Unless not enough SEC teams qualify for a bowl.
Where is the Belk bowl on the pecking order for SEC teams? Is it the last one? Having TWO SEC teams make the playoffs would also help the cause.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
There is 1 SEC guaranteed not to make a bowl and that is Missouri UNLESS the NCAA rules in their favor of the probation on bowl eligibility, which I seriously doubt that happens.

There are 3 that I can almost guarantee won't make a bowl bid either: Ole Miss is at 3-5 and has to play Auburn and LSPOO; Vanderbilt simply cuz its Vandy and Bacon-Bits(arkansas) cuz its arkansas. All three of the mentioned teams have 5 losses and will atleast lose 2 more. Kentucky, Miss St. and Tennessee could go either way depending on which teams show up.

Fellas, the Belk bowl may be more likely than some think. There is a lot to like about LU playing Va Tech in Charlotte from a financial standpoint too.
By LUOrange
The Belk Bowl would be awesome no matter who we'd play, especially since it's in Charlotte. However, I don't see it happening, unless we beat BYU and finish 9-3. Then in my mind, it becommore of a possibility. Like the rest of you, I won't complain too much no matter the Bowl. However, I do like the Birmingham, Liberty, Independence, and Cure Bowls as preferred alternatives to the Belk.
By Papadog
If its the B'ham bowl, I'm renting out air mattresses in my living room for $50! :)
By LUDad
Papadog wrote: November 5th, 2019, 4:43 pm If its the B'ham bowl, I'm renting out air mattresses in my living room for $50! :)
BC, I see where you liked this post. You are suppose to act disinterested and then offer $10 if you bring your own air mattresses.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have several options for billeting, if we go to Birmingham. That will be like a home game for me, even though I live in Virginia.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]