Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 29th, 2019, 7:45 am The Good:
1 - The nachos really stepped up their game. Chips that stayed consistently crispy. Cheese that was actually hot. Very nicely done
2 - Spent the second half with some friends from college. We are a small college but I’ve been fortunate to see friends from there more and more
3 - AGG. But not just for this game. LU has had other talented players. But they’ve seem to rest on their laurels after a break out year. Not this guy. Whatever he did in the offseason he’s a better player than he was last year. That’s great to see

The Bad
1- I saw Junior. In skinny jeans. No. That’s wrong on every level. Men that age, regardless of physique, should not be wearing skinny jeans that could also be mistaken for yoga jeans. Skinny jeans in general are dangerous territory favored by Liberal hipsters everywhere but there is an age limit
2 - Chicken Wings. While absolutely delicious I feel it’s ageist to only have them on one side of the stadium
3 - The people on the Non Baptist side who were legit saying LU could be Top 20 by the end of the year. Obviously they were violating the alcohol and meth prohibition on campus. That type of talk is ludicrous. Make a Bowl game? Sure that’s possible. Top 20 with a P5 Bowl match up and national ranking? Stop it. Get help. Talk to someone who is trained in helping people.
Never thought Pee-wee Herman would become such a fashion trend setter. Sure hope Cam Newtons not next :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
1 - The nachos really stepped up their game. Chips that stayed consistently crispy. Cheese that was actually hot. Very nicely done
I seriously call this a nachos MIRACLE. And we have lived to see it happen. :bowdown
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
2 - Spent the second half with some friends from college. We are a small college but I’ve been fortunate to see friends from there more and more
3 - AGG. But not just for this game. LU has had other talented players. But they’ve seem to rest on their laurels after a break out year. Not this guy. Whatever he did in the offseason he’s a better player than he was last year. That’s great to see

The Bad
1- I saw Junior. In skinny jeans. No. That’s wrong on every level. Men that age, regardless of physique, should not be wearing skinny jeans that could also be mistaken for yoga jeans. Skinny jeans in general are dangerous territory favored by Liberal hipsters everywhere but there is an age limit
2 - Chicken Wings. While absolutely delicious I feel it’s ageist to only have them on one side of the stadium
3 - The people on the Non Baptist side who were legit saying LU could be Top 20 by the end of the year. Obviously they were violating the alcohol and meth prohibition on campus. That type of talk is ludicrous. Make a Bowl game? Sure that’s possible. Top 20 with a P5 Bowl match up and national ranking? Stop it. Get help. Talk to someone who is trained in helping people.
Agree 1000%
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Top 20 is out of the question...MAYBE top 25, but that would require that we win ALL of our remaining games including beating BYU and UVa, who gave Notre Dame all they could handle in South Bend yesterday.
Definitely glad I didn't bet on this game, especially the O/U.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: September 29th, 2019, 8:08 pm Top 20 is out of the question...MAYBE top 25, but that would require that we win ALL of our remaining games including beating BYU and UVa, who gave Notre Dame all they could handle in South Bend yesterday.
Definitely glad I didn't bet on this game, especially the O/U.
You must have been sitting near me in the 2nd half :D These folks had all sorts of scenarios. Ha
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean if we didn't lose anymore games, sure...

But that isn't going to happen. So it seems pointless.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We win out, we might get a couple votes...but losses to Syracuse and U-LaLa plus two FCS games kill our chances at getting into the Top 25
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Tragic news from New Mexico. Rajhe Flowers, a defensive lineman for the Lobos, passed away. I believe it was yesterday. No cause of death has been released , to my knowledge.
The New Mexico vs Air Force game this weekend has been moved to Nov. 23rd.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]