Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

tyndal23 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 7:43 pm Really getting concerned about this game, hopefully for no reason - this type of offense torched us last year - N. Texas type QB and speed at receivers and you have to respect the run. Hope the new blood on our D and coordinator can contain them.
Cover the WRs and get pressure on QB?.. Don't give WRs a 10 yard cushion.
tyndal23 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 7:43 pm Really getting concerned about this game, hopefully for no reason - this type of offense torched us last year - N. Texas type QB and speed at receivers and you have to respect the run. Hope the new blood on our D and coordinator can contain them.
We've been a little depleted on defense with injuries taking guys out and guys like Lewis playing at 75% with that brace on. Getting some of our starters back and striking lightning again on ST should leave us with the dub. The offense can keep up.
ballcoach15 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 8:36 pm
Cover the WRs and get pressure on QB?.. Don't give WRs a 10 yard cushion.
Sounds good - but they haven’t given up a sack all year - and have played ND...
Freeze talks up all of the opponents before the game then you really get what he feels a few days after. Their defense is still total trash and we are home plus our d is better than last year. Plus our d should be familiar with what he wants us to do. My biggest concern is our secondary. Sounds like dabney is out and wilson will play but wont practice. Faulks was dinged last week too. We will need clark land avery and megginson to step up.
Their D is trashy - but in a weird way they stop the run - and I could see us wasting some plays / drives trying to establish the run early to shorten the game with banged up D - and it backfiring. I do like our secondary much better as a whole but the QB we knocked out last year is a game changer on all levels - just started last game so his stats are irrelevant - he is scary. Bottom line - we have to come out sharp and stay sharp.
A Sea of Red wrote: September 27th, 2019, 9:22 am Liberty football notes: AGG chasing a friend in the record books, Shaa's emergence, Buckshot's improvement, Studzinski's impact, more

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-footb ... ce-rising/
Excellent piece thanks- keep them coming.
I was there too. I made the first tackle. We kicked off first. I believe we played Massanutten Military Academy. Unfortunately, we lost the game. We actually had 3-4 players who would have been able to play on today's team. We knew back then, without a doubt, we were building a foundation that would be real special one day. Jerry Sr. had a way of casting/promoting a vision like no one else I have ever met. Sure miss the Big Guy.
rogers3 wrote: September 28th, 2019, 7:51 am Great posts..,bring back memories. Rosters from back then have many names that are recognizable... Anthony Beckles, for example and of course flameshaw!
Anthony Beckles (for the non :oldhag members) was a star sprinter for Liberty and is now on our board. One of the smartest, classiest student-athletes we have ever had grace our campus. Were you referring to the track roster, or did he give football a shot for a while?
oldflame wrote: September 28th, 2019, 9:06 am
rogers3 wrote: September 28th, 2019, 7:51 am Great posts..,bring back memories. Rosters from back then have many names that are recognizable... Anthony Beckles, for example and of course flameshaw!
Anthony Beckles (for the non :oldhag members) was a star sprinter for Liberty and is now on our board. One of the smartest, classiest student-athletes we have ever had grace our campus. Were you referring to the track roster, or did he give football a shot for a while?
1978 roster:
Anthony Beckles
DB / 5' 7" / 170 lbs
Freshman / Nassau

He's a boss!

And yes, he is a smart guy. In my dealings with him he was always extremely professional.
ballcoach15 wrote: September 27th, 2019, 1:55 pm 46 years ago today, September 27, 1973 Lynchburg Baptist College played its first football game. I can't recall opponent or score , but I was there along with TF.
Here's hoping we do something during the Eastern Michigan game to mark that 50th anniversary (since the actual day of the 50th anniversary is a Wednesday)...can you believe guys that we are approaching the 50th SEASON of Liberty football???
ballcoach15 wrote: September 27th, 2019, 1:55 pm 46 years ago today, September 27, 1973 Lynchburg Baptist College played its first football game. I can't recall opponent or score , but I was there along with TF.
Was it your first date? Did you carve your initials in the bleachers? :D
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]