Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
For you tight wad non ASOR Club members - this post wont make much sense - for all others - I actually like the potential game change - 2023 schedule is a snoozer and it would add a P5 - we have a tough enough one for 2020 for where we are as a program for now and the trade gets us another home game in 23 that, for whatever reason, has been a tough schedule to fill out. The remaining unfilled game - based on the other low end teams we have scheduled would be one where i say go play a top 15 program that year even a top 5 just to add some intrigue for recruits. Would be a perfect ND game or a GA,BAMA, FL,game the week of their normal FCS scrimmages. IF we were playing our normal 4 P5 in 2023 - I wouldn’t say that - but it is a schedule that we should be Bowl eligible by week 7 or 8 and not very appealing to fan base. I still maintain my overall philosophy for 2026 on 7 P5 or equivalent games- but with lower tiered P5 schools and maybe 1 top 10 a year...But for 2020 i agree with the philosophy is rumor is true.
By GoLU_13_21
What was the club rumor from last week? Did it happen Saturday?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It was probably Coach being on sideline.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Guys, the club stuff is worth the money! Just sign up
By LUOrange
We need a super secret ASOR Club forum so we can discuss some of these rumors to pass the time between games and seasons. Oh, and an ASOR app while we're discussing wish lists.
By BlueBlood
GoLU_13_21 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 1:11 am What was the club rumor from last week? Did it happen Saturday?
I don’t know what it was, but I think it must have. There were quite a few middle aged men sitting near me happily proclaiming “It’s Happening!”
By CCWMichael
BlueBlood wrote: September 18th, 2019, 1:25 pm
GoLU_13_21 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 1:11 am What was the club rumor from last week? Did it happen Saturday?
I don’t know what it was, but I think it must have. There were quite a few middle aged men sitting near me happily proclaiming “It’s Happening!”
Noted up top it is about a schedule change. We deplorable tight wads will find out when and if it happens.
By BlueBlood
I think we are referring to different rumors.

Pretty sure GoLU wanted to know about the one that was "quite the nugget" and that would "certainly have an affect on the upcoming week".
By tyndal23
The title of this thread could be used as a hint...nothing to do with last Saturday.
By BlueBlood
As to the original topic, I’m all for helping UConn out.
By GoLU_13_21
Was referring the the rumor that was supposed to come to fruition last Saturday against Buffalo. Mentioned it here since the schedule rumor is yet another rumor/possibility.
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: September 17th, 2019, 10:07 pm For you tight wad non ASOR Club members - this post wont make much sense - for all others - I actually like the potential game change - 2023 schedule is a snoozer and it would add a P5 - we have a tough enough one for 2020 for where we are as a program for now and the trade gets us another home game in 23 that, for whatever reason, has been a tough schedule to fill out. The remaining unfilled game - based on the other low end teams we have scheduled would be one where i say go play a top 15 program that year even a top 5 just to add some intrigue for recruits. Would be a perfect ND game or a GA,BAMA, FL,game the week of their normal FCS scrimmages. IF we were playing our normal 4 P5 in 2023 - I wouldn’t say that - but it is a schedule that we should be Bowl eligible by week 7 or 8 and not very appealing to fan base. I still maintain my overall philosophy for 2026 on 7 P5 or equivalent games- but with lower tiered P5 schools and maybe 1 top 10 a year...But for 2020 i agree with the philosophy is rumor is true.
Wallah - ( BJ ) - who knew i had so much influence? ( per the newest rumor mill ) Next announcement will be BYU in Dallas 10 year agreement...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I wish we could play SC earlier. They're not very good now, and probably going backwards.

Heck they lost to uva in a bowl game last season.
By Class of 20Something
BC: I wish we could play SC earlier.

Co20S:That would be nice. We don't have SEC on the schedule again until 2021!

BC: They're not very good now, and probably going backwards.

Co20S: I wonder if he knows they made the Belk bowl game out of the SEC last year?

BC: Heck they lost to uva in a bowl game last season.

Co20S: yep he clearly knows that they played in a well known Bowl Game. They also are schedule to play 5 ranked opponents this season.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Next time I play golf in Lynchburg, I might see if Ballcoach wants to caddy for me. He likes to tee 'em up.
Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]