Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
For those complaining about ticket prices:

The cheapest price for a ticket at Coastal's next game is $30.

App: $40
Wake Forest: $20
UMass: $25

If we're gonna play FBS football, you're going to need to be willing to pay $20-$25 for a single game ticket. It's just the way the world works.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Once we get fully established as a FBS team, winning and bringing P5 teams to Lynchburg, I think attendance will increase. (and play schools that travel well).

As for marketing, I live about 40 miles from LU. Every week, I have locals ask me questions about Liberty football. They know LU has a team, but nothing else. I have always thought a good marketing tool is to give churches free tickets, get them hooked on LU football, then they'll return and buy tickets for future games. Like the preacher once said: "get them in the door and I'll do the rest"
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote: September 16th, 2019, 9:59 am I have always thought a good marketing tool is to give churches free tickets, get them hooked on LU football, then they'll return and buy tickets for future games.
This mindset is exactly why people aren't willing to pay for tickets today.

When there's no investment, there's no reason to care or come back. People who were given free tickets are rarely ever willing to come back and pay $20-$25 per ticket or buy season tickets.

We offer discount rates for groups (i.e. churches). It makes people pay a little so they understand there's value but lowers the barrier.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 16th, 2019, 9:42 am For those complaining about ticket prices:

The cheapest price for a ticket at Coastal's next game is $30.

App: $40
Wake Forest: $20
UMass: $25

If we're gonna play FBS football, you're going to need to be willing to pay $20-$25 for a single game ticket. It's just the way the world works.
. . . and what is their attendance like? Maybe lucky to fill half the stadium. Last year against APP State had 13,000 and in a couple games less than 10,000 in a 21,000 seat stadium. I trust the Athletic Administration knows what they're doing and looking at the long game especially building a winner.
By BlueBlood
Something to consider, and I think it will greatly help attendance in future years:
Only about the last two or three classes of kids entering LU did so with the knowledge that FBS football was part of it. Prior to that, having FBS football was not part of any LU student's decision-making process (not having it may have been, but having it wasn't). I can tell you that LU having FBS football was a major consideration in my daughter's college-choice decision-making process. She grew up tailgating at Penn State games, and to a lesser extent Florida and FSU games. I just met her new Freshman friends this weekend. Many of them also come from families that are college football-centric and LU having FBS football was clearly a huge factor in them coming to LU. Can you imagine when these classes start becoming alumni?
By CCWMichael
BlueBlood wrote: September 16th, 2019, 11:08 am Something to consider, and I think it will greatly help attendance in future years:
Only about the last two or three classes of kids entering LU did so with the knowledge that FBS football was part of it. Prior to that, having FBS football was not part of any LU student's decision-making process (not having it may have been, but having it wasn't). I can tell you that LU having FBS football was a major consideration in my daughter's college-choice decision-making process. She grew up tailgating at Penn State games, and to a lesser extent Florida and FSU games. I just met her new Freshman friends this weekend. Many of them also come from families that are college football-centric and LU having FBS football was clearly a huge factor in them coming to LU. Can you imagine when these classes start becoming alumni?
I completely agree and will add winning will help.
PSU had always sold out the stadium up to their current 106,000.
Heck, 60 K showed up for spring game this year.
After the Paterno fiasco and some struggles playing to expectations tickets were easy to find.
Winning solid again and
108K for the Pitt game
104K for Buffalo
104K for Idaho State
Just win baby and the rest will follow.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’ll[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball