Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Flames 27-26
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: September 13th, 2019, 10:30 pm
rogers3 wrote: September 13th, 2019, 9:58 pm No good at scores,but I think we might surprise some with a win tomorrow. My son will be in a box, and I'd like to be there but the others kids swim in a meet tomorrow.
McCracken?
No, we keep him in a box in the basement. :D

He has friends in high places and I don't!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
35-14 chicken wings

$1 (I’m bidding without going over)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 15th, 2019, 6:40 am Why were you so off with attendance? 😁

With a good weather forecast, I figured we would hit 20,000.

We need to lower ticket prices, and change our marketing strategy to increase attendance . I will be glad when we play an opponent that travels well.

Buffalo had more fans than I thought they would
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 10:46 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 12:48 pm LU 35 Buffalo 17

Next question, please.
Why? You never answered the first one
By rtb72
Hahaha....ball coach set that one up perfect for you Purple. I knew that was coming. I am interested in his answer, though.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 10:12 am Hahaha....ball coach set that one up perfect for you Purple. I knew that was coming. I am interested in his answer, though.
Yeah. He’s trying to duck the question but he will Be reminded again and again
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 1:31 pm What is question you keep referring to ? Ask it and you will get an answer.
It’s been asked about a half dozen times on the other thread. But you keep ducking like a REMF
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 15th, 2019, 2:00 pm
Purple Haize wrote: September 15th, 2019, 1:45 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 1:31 pm What is question you keep referring to ? Ask it and you will get an answer.
It’s been asked about a half dozen times on the other thread. But you keep ducking like a REMF
Is remf even still a thing?
It was back in his day when he was one :D
By Jonathan Carone
It’s been repeated three different times. You’re being intentionally obtuse because you know PH caught you in your hyperbole and you can’t dig your way out.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 6:56 am
We need to lower ticket prices, and change our marketing strategy to increase attendance .
BC, what is the current ticket price?

And what is the current marketing strategy?

The PRICE of something is a unit to describe that thing’s perceived value. When we lower the price of something, we are saying it is worth less than previously thought. What do you think an LU Football ticket is worth?

As for marketing strategy, how do you know what strategy to employ if you don’t know the current strategy being employed? But maybe knowing the current one isn’t necessary. What would you do to better market LU Football tickets?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: September 16th, 2019, 3:26 am
ballcoach15 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 6:56 am
We need to lower ticket prices, and change our marketing strategy to increase attendance .
BC, what is the current ticket price?

And what is the current marketing strategy?

The PRICE of something is a unit to describe that thing’s perceived value. When we lower the price of something, we are saying it is worth less than previously thought. What do you think an LU Football ticket is worth?

As for marketing strategy, how do you know what strategy to employ if you don’t know the current strategy being employed? But maybe knowing the current one isn’t necessary. What would you do to better market LU Football tickets?
If it’s not free it’s too expensive
He has no solutions only complaints
By LU 57
I realize there are attendance numbers we have to hit for the NCAA, but I believe LU needs to keep doing what it is doing with season tickets and ticket prices in general. I hate to see the empty seats; however, this is just another growing pain in the transition from FCS to FBS.

FBS football is expensive and the athletic program needs to be as self-sufficient as possible. If we start putting up 9 and 10 win seasons with bowl appearances, the town-folk will start to show up. I do think the politics have a fair amount of impact but that is whole different conversation.

By the way, I could not make the game but I gave my tickets to a friend and his family. They were very impressed with the whole experience, particularly how nice all of the employees were.
Last edited by LU 57 on September 16th, 2019, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

It’s the common conversation on here. Trash[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]