Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My excuse?
I'm in my 90 day probation period for a job I've been trying to get for about 6 years and I don't want to jeopardize it by asking off. If I was still with Kroger I probably would be there because that was going to be one of my vacation weeks...I'm ok with that though because I still can make it for homecoming
By Jonathan Carone
I'm lazy and don't really want to use up an entire day on a game that likely won't be within two scores. The game being on tv makes it so much more convenient to stay home.

I'll accept my bad fan award now.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Lol I bought season tix three years ago to ensure I had the seats I wanted for this game. I’ll be there Friday and leaving the game at the end, probably won’t make it home until almost 3am and have to be at work at 8am. Here’s to hoping it was all worth it lol
By TheHaze315
Man_the_kay wrote: August 25th, 2019, 8:48 pm Liberty 59

Syracuse 49

Attendance 25,555
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Clemson put up 51 points on us last two times we played them COMBINED and you think liberty will put up almost 60 in one game? I’ll be right here Saturday after the game to see the fallout of this beating y’all are about to get.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TheHaze315 wrote: August 27th, 2019, 7:02 pm

Syracuse 49

Attendance 25,555

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Clemson put up 51 points on us last two times we played them COMBINED and you think liberty will put up almost 60 in one game? I’ll be right here Saturday after the game to see the fallout of this beating y’all are about to get.
Come on man, most on the board has Syracuse winning. We all have our resident Kool aid drinking homers.

You all will win be 2 TDs but if you are expecting an all out beat down I feel like you'll be disappointed.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 27th, 2019, 2:33 pm I'm lazy and don't really want to use up an entire day on a game that likely won't be within two scores. The game being on tv makes it so much more convenient to stay home.

booooo
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 27th, 2019, 2:33 pm I'm lazy and don't really want to use up an entire day on a game that likely won't be within two scores. The game being on tv makes it so much more convenient to stay home.

I’m also very lazy. I may try to make it up to the mountain at some point this year. It would be my first game in 16(?) years.
By TexanMark
Orange 38 Flames 7

Attendance 24,444

First year HC out for an extended period of time can't help. Buckshot will be introduced to two large and very quick Def Ends on Saturday.
By LU 57
TexanMark wrote: August 28th, 2019, 10:32 am Orange 38 Flames 7

Attendance 24,444

First year HC out for an extended period of time can't help. Buckshot will be introduced to two large and very quick Def Ends on Saturday.
Hopefully, it is a little closer, but you hit on my biggest concern...the Orange pass rush. I have to think HCHF has a plan to deal with the rush with screens and draws and such, but there is a reason left tackles are paid so well to play on Sundays.
By LawAlum13
Syracuse 44
LU 21

Close game early, but Syracuse pulls away in the 2nd half. Prove me wrong Flames!

Attendance: 25,400- How can we not sell out this game? If we can't pack the house for a ranked ACC opponent and the debut and return of a successful SEC head coach, will we ever be able to? I'm going to be madly disappointed if there are empty seats.
By LibertyD

Syracuse 49

Attendance 25,555
I get so amazed at how these "1 winning season out of the past 4" SU fans are all of the sudden so high on their overrated team. Two seasons ago the fan base was hinting calling for Babers to resign. Amazing what one lucky season can do for a teams ego. LOL! I'm not sold on SU. I predict a close game with Liberty pulling out the victory late! Possibly OT
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Don't allow their over confident fans to confuse you. Syracuse is a good team and even though they are probably over rated, they are a team that has superior talent to us. This game will be closer than Syracuse fans would like to admit but we are entering our first year as a full fledged FBS team. Expectations should be set accordingly.

Just my 2 cents.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I believe we have an opossum's chance of crossing a road without getting killed chance in this game ie. close to zero.
We should give SU all the respect in the world. They are a great opponent, have a long history of playing big-time football and are traveling to our place for the biggest game in our short history. We have a long way to go to get where they are, but we will make it one day........................ pretty soon.
Realistically, it is unimaginable to pick us to win this game. I do believe in moral victories in these types of match-ups. Hopefully we will accomplish that this weekend.
I will be honored to attend another "first" in the history of LU athletics.
By Trentonian

I believe ESPN+ has blackouts. The game might be blacked out in Lynchburg.
By Trentonian
LibertyD wrote: August 29th, 2019, 8:24 am

Syracuse 49

Attendance 25,555
I get so amazed at how these "1 winning season out of the past 4" SU fans are all of the sudden so high on their overrated team. Two seasons ago the fan base was hinting calling for Babers to resign. Amazing what one lucky season can do for a teams ego. LOL! I'm not sold on SU. I predict a close game with Liberty pulling out the victory late! Possibly OT
It was obvious to the fan base in Syracuse from day one that Dino Babers was the right man to lead the Orange. The fan base has never called for Dino Babers to resign; not even close. That is total B.S.

As the poster you are mocking points out, Clemson has scored 51 points in the last two games they've had against the Orange. The Orange have scored 50.

The Orange have a good team. They might be overrated, it's hard to tell at this point. But what is evident is that they have a solid defense, returning 8 starters from last year (including their freshman all-american safety), outstanding special teams (their freshman Lou Groza award winning kicker), and a few questions of offense.

They are also much deeper than Liberty. The pace they play at will challenge Liberty severely.

Your quarterback is going to have a very long day. Your O-line is going to have their hands full with Alton Robinson (94) and Kendall Coleman (55). Those two are simply amazing to watch and they are seniors who have started since they arrived on campus; their work ethic is beyond laudable. Here's a look:

Good luck, Saturday; you're going to need it.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: August 29th, 2019, 2:09 pm a long history of playing big-time football
:dontgetit :lol:

Syracuse is the better team. It would not surprise me if we were blown out, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the game were close either. The question is about the intangibles: Does Syracuse come in over confident? Does Liberty get rattled? Does the crowd become a factor? Does Freeze have wrinkles that he can exploit?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Trentonian wrote: August 29th, 2019, 3:49 pm Oh, I forgot my prediction:

Orange: 52
Flames: 17

Attendance: Whatever the capacity of your stadium is.
Will you be here on Saturday? I hope you enjoy your time... except for your prediction. :D
By Trentonian
alabama24 wrote: August 29th, 2019, 3:49 pm
flameshaw wrote: August 29th, 2019, 2:09 pm a long history of playing big-time football
:dontgetit :lol:

Syracuse is the better team. It would not surprise me if we were blown out, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the game were close either. The question is about the intangibles: Does Syracuse come in over confident? Does Liberty get rattled? Does the crowd become a factor? Does Freeze have wrinkles that he can exploit?
Yeah, there's a lot of unknowns and intangibles. It's the first game of the season; look at how badly Miami and Florida (two good teams) played last week. It was almost unwatchable.

I don't know how much Hugh Freeze being away from the team will affect it. If he had been there all of camp and was going to be on the sideline during the game, I'd be a lot more concerned. Both teams will need to make adjustments on the fly as the game progresses. Freeze is really good at that.

Syracuse is far from unbeatable. They have big questions on the O-line and the interior of the D-line. The O-line questions lead to questions about the QB. If the O-line breaks down Devito doesn't have the escapability that Dungey had. However, if the O-line holds, Devito is a much better pocket passer than Dungey was. Two of the best offensive linemen on the team aren't playing yet because they transferred in late and their conditioning isn't up to going at the pace the Orange go at.

And to Syracuse, Liberty is a complete enigma. New coach, new players, no film. Hard to game plan that.

It should be fun to watch.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Syracuse 33-20, but will be there hoping hard for the upset. :football
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]