Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 7:57 am That HS coach has had to live with you so they are use to putting up with pain :lol:
Very valid
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
When we signed Waylen later in the recruiting process I had a good feeling about him. He was being recruited by other FBS schools and he just had good tape that I could tell. Plus, you add the fact that linebacker was a position of need and depth and with that the chances of him playing right away were good if he could tackle(no pun intended :D ) the playbook.

If he mimics Ajayi's performance from last year as a first year player here then we are in for a blessing. For the first time in a while, I am actually excited about the defense!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Malik matthews athe very bottom of depth chart. :D soooo bad last year. Im glad the new guys and young guys are beating them out because the old crew like davis espinoza and matthews just cant cover. Matthews was flat horrible last year. Im sure that took all of about 2 minutes to see for the staff when reviewing film.
By LUOrange
Last year, our kicking game and special teams were horrendous. Any updates on their hopeful improvement?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'll defer to the reporters and experts on the ground for more detailed analysis, but with Probert back and hopefully healthy and Peart back for another season, we hopefully will not leave so many points off the scoreboard.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
I'm working on that position preview and it will be published Wednesday.

I will say that I've been very impressed with ST Coordinator Tanner Burns. He's attention to detail is something like we haven't seen from our past ST Coordinators. He was also brutally honest on his assessment of his group.

Here's his most telling quote:
"Austin Mock has done a great job snapping, been real consistent. To me, right now, if we had a game tomorrow, he'd be the only guy for sure I could say would be trotting out there with the 1s."
By Class of 20Something
Is anyone else completely blown back by how different the starting lineup is from last year to this year? How many returning starters have lost their starting position?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Not just last year. Last 3 seasons especially last 2 were atrocious. Amazing we won 6 games with such poor special teams defense and 18 picks!!
By tyndal23
Just watched Bruce Johnson RB coach interview on YouTube - what a cool cat !!! HF being out might for a bit might be one of those deals that really pulls each position group together and by extension the team together even more - and when HF returns - each player hanging on his every word because they havent gotten a little numb to his voice during the doldrums of training camp. ( or it might go the other way ). A really good thing we have a QB coach as co offensive coordinator who can keep getting QB’s better and not overly reliant on HF.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In that interview with Bruce Johnson tyndal23 mentioned, it was revealed that Frank Boyd has been moved to CB. That would seem to be an indication that the injuries at CB are serious enough that we need the depth there and also may tell us that Henderson and/or Sibley are coming on at RB.
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]